Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A quick roundup on what some of our favourite characters are up to this weather:

Claire Cullinane's political group has been busy in Cork occupying City Hall but she came out with a bit of a gem on this interview on Cork local radio when discussing mortgage arrears:
    "We don't claim to know anything about law, we don't"
    It's a shame the presenter didn't ask her where the money went from her famous case and the company-that-never-was but since she is proposing massive debt write downs, we can all forgive her.

Scourge of Irish Water, Dermot Murphy reckons his sword of truthiness is going to lead to judicial resignations by the new time. Meanwhile, his action against Irish Water has been adjourned again into mid-April.

Lord Byron of Jenkins has been under the cosh recently with the successor to the subprime lender he's in hock to renewing hostilities over the half million quid he owes. Him and his merry men ( including Jerry Beades, Tom Darcy, Damien "CAPSLOCK" Gibney) thought they were onto a winner in relation to the Country and Western showdown as they'd motioned the other side to put in a Statement of Claim thinking it wouldn't happen. Well it has and we'll be hearing more of this one too (Record No: 2015/170P, sportsfans).

Meanwhile, the commercial arm of the Hub continues to grow and grow despite people playa-hatin' on them because apparently of their madskillz. It seems that their repertoire has expanded to include family and employment law, so that now they're near enough to being a full service fake law firm. They make great bones of referring to "their" barrister Ciara Ruschitzko as being very experienced but the Bar Council don't have her listed as being a paid up member of the Law Library so they might have issue with the way she's holding herself out.

I won't post the link here but there's a video going around all the various Freeman protest groups of Finbar Markey protesting at Roscommon Courthouse and defaming the hell out of a local solicitor there. Finbar of course being from the now Jerry Beades free sect of the Land League.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a google of Ciara Ruschitzko's name says that google has omitted certain results due to data protection issues. has she something to hide?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

a google of Ciara Ruschitzko's name says that google has omitted certain results due to data protection issues. has she something to hide?
    I wouldn't pay any heed to those warnings; for example, they automatically crop up for any number of long-dead people who in no way would be seeking to have anything omitted.

It's just Google being petulant about the judgment that went against them in the CJEU. They want to imply a "chilling effect" to freedom of expression where there isn't one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

AFAIK Ruschitzko never practiced as a barrister and went basically straight from the Inns to the Hub.

That's what I've heard at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

AFAIK Ruschitzko never practiced as a barrister and went basically straight from the Inns to the Hub.

That's what I've heard at least

Called to Bar in 2012, devilled, then appears to have not returned this legal year.

Another Hubbite, has made a big song and dance about personally serving proceedings on Irish Water, which according to her comments below the line:
    Hi everyone. I’m tje lady jn the green jacket who served irish water with Stephen Greene. We cannot say too much but it’s enough to shut them down
    So another set of proceedings that will wither on the vine or be motioned into oblivion. The accompanying video is the usual great dramatic production of personal service when if they'd actually read their Superior Court Rules, they'd realise that a postbox will do a better job than a clumsily edited Youtube video of some bemused staff member having their lunch break ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Robbo wrote: »
    ....t a postbox will do a better job than a clumsily edited Youtube video of some bemused staff member having their lunch break ruined.

Nice to see their youtube videos aren't the only thing with poor editorial work
    The summons was left at teh door after being served

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Another Hubbite, has made a big song and dance about personally serving proceedings on Irish Water, which according to her comments below the line:
    So another set of proceedings that will wither on the vine or be motioned into oblivion. The accompanying video is the usual great dramatic production of personal service when if they'd actually read their Superior Court Rules, they'd realise that a postbox will do a better job.

He assaulted her with that document plus he littered on the street outside DOBs propaganda organ. A few crimes to slap them both with if there is a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Looks like the Judean People's Front are ramping up their campaign. Is there any appetite deal with this at all?

Court shut down twice in one day as Land League activists protest repossessions http://jrnl.ie/2007369 via TheJournal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I thought they were the Judean Peoples Popular Front...?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

SPLITTERS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Are they the ones who oppress those who are without a uterus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

No, that's the Popular Peoples Front of Judea....

I'd imagine Attack the Tax/Acorn to Oak will have the begging bowl out again for some, eh, seed capital. Perhaps with this new impetus, they'll be filing their annual return that should have gone in last October.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'd imagine Attack the Tax/Acorn to Oak will have the begging bowl out again for some, eh, seed capital. Perhaps with this new impetus, they'll be filing their annual return that should have gone in last October.

I wonder what would happen to their case if the ODCE de-list the company.

I came across this recent judgment that's full of Freeman-y goodness.

Here, the defendant sought to Copyright his name (in the Ben Gilroy style) but was less ambitious insofar as he only wanted €10,000 per mention of his name. Amusingly, he's called Gavin Peacock so there might be a former Chelsea footballer out there with a better claim than him. At times he's issuing invoices to the bank for €7 million or so because...reasons and has a whole host of interesting sounding documents at his disposal: Affidavits of Truth, an Affidavit of Specific Negative Averment and a Notice of Default and Dishonour. Powerful stuff there.

As a final kick in the teeth, the transfer of his loan from one bank to another was found to be perfectly sound which is something the Hubbites love to cling onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Here, the defendant sought to Copyright his name (in the Ben Gilroy style) but was less ambitious insofar as he only wanted €10,000 per mention of his name. Amusingly, he's called Gavin Peacock so there might be a former Chelsea footballer out there with a better claim than him. At times he's issuing invoices to the bank for €7 million or so because...reasons and has a whole host of interesting sounding documents at his disposal: Affidavits of Truth, an Affidavit of Specific Negative Averment and a Notice of Default and Dishonour. Powerful stuff there.

As a final kick in the teeth, the transfer of his loan from one bank to another was found to be perfectly sound which is something the Hubbites love to cling onto.

Only made better by the mention of a Mr. Bull! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

that was a brilliant read!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

The freeman is strong with this one:

http://imgur.com/gallery/LMVGeBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

johnciall wrote: »
    The freeman is strong with this one:

http://imgur.com/gallery/LMVGeBJ

LMVGeBJ.jpg

Not so sure. That guy seems to be attempting to rely on legislation. Whether he is correct or not is another thing but it appears that he is attempting to rely on whatever his rights may be under that legislation.

Looking at his statement that he is not required to hand over his licence under s322.15, if this is the correct statute, it looks he is correct that the obligation is to exhibit his licence, not hand it over:
    (1) Every licensee shall have his or her driver’s license, which must be fully legible with no portion of such license faded, altered, mutilated, or defaced, in his or her immediate possession at all times when operating a motor vehicle and shall display the same upon the demand of a law enforcement officer or an authorized representative of the department.

Whatever people may think of this guy, I'm not sure that he's a Freeman at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

LMVGeBJ.jpg

Not so sure. That guy seems to be attempting to rely on legislation. Whether he is correct or not is another thing but it appears that he is attempting to rely on whatever his rights may be under that legislation.

Looking at his statement that he is not required to hand over his licence under s322.15, if this is the correct statute, it looks he is correct that the obligation is to exhibit his licence, not hand it over:

Also he's not african american so he knows he has a better chance of surviving any encounters any with law enforcement:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

LMVGeBJ.jpg

There is a "know your rights" movement of a sorts within the us that teaches people how to interact with the police and address their behaviour . In many parts of the US there are significant problems with policing, primarily officers overstepping their powers or acting as judge and jury. They mostly talk about not consenting to searches and saying as little as possible, as far as I'm aware they tend to be lawyers themselves so they aren't really into the freemanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

LMVGeBJ.jpg

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0322/Sections/0322.15.html

It may have been amended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Surely a sign like that should include the name of his lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Surely a sign like that should include the name of his lawyer.

Probably has a new lawyer every month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

The Hub Facebook page recently announced that they had a Top Irish Barrister Rosta Fanning working for them. When it was pointed out that there was no barrister by that name they deleted the Post and put this up instead.

"The Hub – Ireland made an attempt at an April fools joke: a barrister, free, four days a week: we got you all: the Hub’s motto, first up – best dressed. Watch out for Wednesday then."

Advertisement