Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Looks like Mayo's Greatest Love Machine has made the front of the Connaught Telegraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Robbo wrote: »
    Looks like Mayo's Greatest Love Machine has made the front of the Connaught Telegraph.

continued on page 2 also ... quite a celeb.

Has Joe parted ways with 'the project' over the photogate scandal?

It seems like he will have to fight this battle without his I-I badge and membership card.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    continued on page 2 also ... quite a celeb.

Has Joe parted ways with 'the project' over the photogate scandal?

It seems like he will have to fight this battle without his I-I badge and membership card.
    What's photogate? I don't keep tabs much on Dr. Not and his crew.

I'm not too interested in them either, but did have a bit of a snigger at how just like all these mad parties and gangs they self implode - usually due to a couple of individuals who show their true colours and go on solo runs to suit their own ambitions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dr Integrity filed his papers to stand for election, to do so he had to meet with the register (Finbar?) that he has been at war with.
    Rather than doing it quietly he organised/allowed a big posed photo where they both smiled beamingly.

Some of his supporters got antsy with this, lots of stuff thrown around on facebook sadly all deleted now. His longtime hombre Garie Beattie in particular had a right pop at him and Joe Doocey appeared to take the latters side - they also seemed to have Paul Collins (who Manning had a 57 page diatribe about last year, + multiple court libel cases against) trying to join in with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Onevision

Dr Integrity filed his papers to stand for election, to do so he had to meet with the register (Finbar?) that he has been at war with.
    Rather than doing it quietly he organised/allowed a big posed photo where they both smiled beamingly.

Some of his supporters got antsy with this, lots of stuff thrown around on facebook sadly all deleted now. His longtime hombre Garie Beattie in particular had a right pop at him and Joe Doocey appeared to take the latters side - they also seemed to have Paul Collins (who Manning had a 57 page diatribe about last year, + multiple court libel cases against) trying to join in with them.

Check again. Manning did not and has not any cases against Paul Collins. Apparently he is afraid of what might come out in court.
    Also, rumour has it that Doocey, Beattie and others are now trying to force out manning and take over I.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I saw word on FB today that an anti water protestors who last year was arrested in Swords for kneeing a garda in the groin, Anna Harvey, was found guilty in her absence at Swords district court.

At the hearing, solicitor Fiona D'Arcy for the accused stated to Justice Dempsey that the accused wasn't present as she "does not recognise this court" :)

Remember the PSNI officer who tried to arrest the judge that granted a possession order against him? 3 months in chokey.

Not 100% but I think he may have been taking counsel from one of out favourite pseudo-lawyers now or in the past.

I saw word on FB today that an anti water protestors who last year was arrested in Swords for kneeing a garda in the groin. Anna Harvey, was found guilty in her absence at Swords district court.

At the hearing, solicitor Fiona D'Arcy for the accused stated to Justice Dempsey that the accused wasn't present as she "does not recognise this court" :)

must be the same Anna Harvey who wrote this article for the freeman / DDI propaganda fairsociety.ie 'news' site

http://www.fairsociety.ie/category/law/page/4/

all sorts of quackery and mentalism in her article ...

must be the same Anna Harvey who wrote this article for the freeman / DDI propaganda fairsociety.ie 'news' site

http://www.fairsociety.ie/category/law/page/4/

all sorts of quackery and mentalism in her article ...

Can't wait for the Garda/Private Security/UK -British Army/UK Police to serve her with her bench warrant, which she doubtlessly won't recognise either. Expect much buffoonery from this episode in coming weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kevin3

Somone posted pictures of Ben Gilroys election material on Reddit.... oh dear.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Vfjxq

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You'd have to question his mental state looking at that.

WWC1yqT.jpg

just proves the guy is a total wacko.

I know people who got that through the door and who are very anti government at the moment and are disgusted by it. Gilroy tried to appeal to the lowest of the low. The type of degenerate who never votes, couldn't give a sh1te once the social keeps putting beer vouchers in their ass pocket. This demographic never usually votes so Gilroy rather than trying to win votes from actual politicians just wants to corner the market of fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

I think we've peaked now...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

just proves the guy is a total wacko.

I know people who got that through the door and who are very anti government at the moment and are disgusted by it. Gilroy tried to appeal to the lowest of the low. The type of degenerate who never votes, couldn't give a sh1te once the social keeps putting beer vouchers in their ass pocket. This demographic never usually votes so Gilroy rather than trying to win votes from actual politicians just wants to corner the market of fools.

in fairness that is a pretty big market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Stephen Manning is on Vincent brown with The rest of the mayo candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JimmytheTurk

Stephen Manning is on Vincent brown with The rest of the mayo candidates

He wasn't very impressive.

He wasn't very impressive.

Really tough to stand out amongst so many but from what I saw he was fine - he was calm, articulate, had a decent educated vocabulary, concise with his points, looked and dressed fine.

That's possibly what makes him so insidious, superficially he's a reasonable guy who talks a degree of sense, and its only when you delve a bit deeper that you see the truth. Whereas with most of the freemen and suchlike its obvious after about 5 seconds what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Onevision

Really tough to stand out amongst so many but from what I saw he was fine - he was calm, articulate, had a decent educated vocabulary, concise with his points, looked and dressed fine.

That's possibly what makes him so insidious, superficially he's a reasonable guy who talks a degree of sense, and its only when you delve a bit deeper that you see the truth. Whereas with most of the freemen and suchlike its obvious after about 5 seconds what they are.

But what did he actually say? Nothing!

Onevision wrote: »
    But what did he actually say? Nothing!

That's the nature of a ~13 way debate with audience participation, a presenter who loves his own voice, and lots of ads, Manning was one of many who didn't get much air time despite the 2 hour running time (I think it was 70 mins in before I heard the Asian guy speak).

A positive for me was Manning agreed with the idea of a referendum for repeal of the 8th, if I was a Mayo voter that would at least get him a preference from me ahead of the many undemocratic misogynists on the panel who opposed even the holding of such a referendum.

Also fascinating how many people here seemed to have signed up just to comment on Manning issues by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Also fascinating how many people here seemed to have signed up just to comment on Manning issues by the way.

2 people?

Rare you get to see behind the curtain at the paperwork that Freemen are producing but the Hub recently did a large textdump of their boilerplate pseudo-legal affidavits. As ever, "their word is not gospel", which is a rather kind way of describing it. Repeatedly discredited woo would be more accurate.

There's a lot in there to dismantle it line by line but I'm surprised they haven't included averments along the lines of "The plaintiff issued these proceedings on so-called paper but failed to demonstrate that it came from a tree". All of their technical arguments on the swearing of affidavits (time, place, residence of deponent) have all been unsuccessfully raised before, by Gilroy and others.

They're also complaining that they need more of a marketing budget because Facebook are asking for a higher rate to promote their claptrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

My favourite moment of the election so far. Gerry O'Boyle is an anti eviction campaigner running in Mayo. Tesco Castlebar offers free parking for customers for 1.5 hours. Boyler posted on facebook that he was not allowed park in Tesco's carpark for his canvass as the car park manager is a Fine Gael supporter!! The dogs on the street know that you may get fined for parking over 1.5 hours. Even better, there's a county council car park next door to Tesco.....but then I suppose the parking isn't free there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

My favourite moment of the election so far. Gerry O'Boyle is an anti eviction campaigner running in Mayo. Tesco Castlebar offers free parking for customers for 1.5 hours. Boyler posted on facebook that he was not allowed park in Tesco's carpark for his canvass as the car park manager is a Fine Gael supporter!! The dogs on the street know that you may get fined for parking over 1.5 hours. Even better, there's a county council car park next door to Tesco.....but then I suppose the parking isn't free there :D

Is this Gerry "BMW" O'Boyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

https://www.facebook.com/MayoEvictionFreeCouty15/posts/1662606407339934

Whats worse is the comments section. Dear God....talk about the lowest common denominator

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

GavMan wrote: »

Whats worse is the comments section. Dear God....talk about the lowest common denominator
    THERE ****TING THEMSELFS ,,YOUR IN WITH A GRATE CHANCE ,GERRY

Indeed.

GavMan wrote: »

Good old Mr Gibney has his priorities in order these days :)

• Advertisement

Right2Homes have declared that they will (for a fee of course) build modular homes for local authorities. Lest we forget, the organisation was set up as a way of crowdfunding the legal bills of Tom "Grecian 2000" D'arcy so that he can stay in his swanky Kinsealy/Malahide mansion and shirk some of his €18 million in debt.

Of course the organisation is a "not-for-profit" and the proposal will be done on such a basis. They might want to inform the Revenue Commissioners as they don't appear to have any record of them being a registered charity. The same is true of the Charities Regulator.

Right2Homes was incorporate as a company limited by guarantee on 9/11/2015 and it's directors are Brian Reilly, Tom D'arcy and Austin Byrne.

Advertisement