Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Looks like Ben Gilroy is off Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why whats happening? Did they get his house yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thargor wrote: »
    Why whats happening? Did they get his house yet?

They'll have to get past his homemade sign first :D

door-notice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

They'll have to get past his homemade sign first :D

door-notice.jpg

It burns! It burns! Nasty hobbitses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Looks like Ben Gilroy is off Facebook.

Looks like he is back now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Looks like someone else has been drinking the Freeman Koolaid
    Finance company seeking summary judgment against two brothers over alleged unpaid loans of €4.46m

/......./

Mr Justice McGovern said he was concerned about some of the documentation presented to the court on the brothers' behalf, which contained what he described as "pseudo-legalised jargon."

He said the court had to deal with is matters of fact and law.

The court was not some "Harry Potter Movie set", he said.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/finance-company-seeking-summary-judgment-against-two-brothers-over-alleged-unpaid-loans-of-446m-34518670.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

No names because of the nature of the proceedings but one of Ben's former clients, for whom he scored one of his finest "victories", was adjudicated bankrupt recently. Seems he had a parting of ways with Facebook's finest legal minds and employed professional representation when he was staring down the abyss.

From reading the judgment, it seems the financial institution decided to go nuclear rather than deal with infinite Freeman bull****.

I guess we'll have to see if the Official Assignee will be minded to "brief" Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

Robbo wrote: »
    No names because of the nature of the proceedings but one of Ben's former clients, for whom he scored one of his finest "victories", was adjudicated bankrupt recently. Seems he had a parting of ways with Facebook's finest legal minds and employed professional representation when he was staring down the abyss.

From reading the judgment, it seems the financial institution decided to go nuclear rather than deal with infinite Freeman bull****.

I guess we'll have to see if the Official Assignee will be minded to "brief" Ben.

Saw that. They appointed new receivers straight after so Bens case was a waste of everyone's time. They are still looking for damages but even if they were to receive damages ,it would not clear the short fall, so it seems a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Would this case be anything to do with ACC by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Well here's an old friend in trouble again!

Gotta wonder what his proposed independent surety said about the gaaards on the radio that made him unacceptable? I assume it was "hahaha I'm bankrupt, they'll never get a penny".

One to watch anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

mrs vimes wrote: »

Gotta wonder what his proposed independent surety said about the gaaards on the radio that made him unacceptable? I assume it was "hahaha I'm bankrupt, they'll never get a penny".

One to watch anyway!

Cheers. From the article, he's not to post about the case on Social media. Surely his Facebook post after the case would count as a breach?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1540585452938551&id=100009613341998

Today I was in Ballina Court to pick up the book of evidence for false allegations made against me in relation to a hit and run. First of all, the judge Kilraine refused to recuse himself despite being asked and when it was pointed out that 2 Gardai were using the same identity number (MY 90), he again refused to do anything. The judge then twice threatened to hold me on remand. He was rejecting my bail because the person who bailed me was described as an "undesirable" by Superintendent Joe Doherty. Despite no proof of this allegation, just hearsay from the super, the judge tried his very best to facilitate my incarceration. After legal arguments, the judge ruled that Joe Doherty's allegation carried more weight than the man's good name. We weren't even allowed an adjournment to defend the allegation. Only for another independent surety came forward in court, I would probably be in jail now. The 30+ Gardai in the court, obviously there for intimidation purposes, left the court soon after my case. They had more work to do. Two hours after the court, the Gardai again arrived at my father's house. Another 4 summonses, 1 for an assault on a detective when 20 armed Gardai raided my house 14 months ago. My good friend, Colm Granahan also received a summons while in court today. A civil summons from none other than county registrar Fintan J Murphy. Anne is calling into the Ballina Garda Station to see if there's any more summonses. It'll save them the inconvenience of calling to the house!! I wonder is there loyalty points if I collect so many??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

mrs vimes wrote: »
    He must reside at the above address, not apply for any travel documents, not post anything on social media in relation to the case and not interfere with witnesses.

Not sure he was listening to the judge

https://www.facebook.com/joe.doocey/posts/1540585452938551?pnref=story

379870.jpg

that Doocey lad is a strange fish. Just wondering if he is in breech of his bail conditions now that he has posted that rant and photos?

whippet wrote: »
    that Doocey lad is a strange fish. Just wondering if he is in breech of his bail conditions now that he has posted that rant and photos?

There's wiser eating grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Onevision

I wonder if manning will represent Doocey.

Onevision wrote: »
    I wonder if manning will represent Doocey.

I think they have had a falling out. There was a few really put out by Manning posing for photos with the register in Castlebar.

As with all these groups they are incredibly fickle, full of self importance and only interested in their own personal agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Onevision

whippet wrote: »
    I think they have had a falling out. There was a few really put out by Manning posing for photos with the register in Castlebar.

As with all these groups they are incredibly fickle, full of self importance and only interested in their own personal agenda.

I have to agree completely with your last sentence.

It appears from the Courts.ie website that Tom filed an Affidavit at the last minute and it is back before the High Court on Tuesday.

any updates on this

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trueblueterry

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    any updates on this

Courts.ie says it's in again on the 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

So out of curiosity, I listened to one of these Podcasts that you see Mr JD & similiar advertising. Such a load of absolute waffle, full of self importance and full of delusion!! The most incredulous part was where "Michael O Muirearchtaigh" sent in his support for JD.

You'd swear JD was Chez Guevara!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's that time of the month again, the Hub has a new funding crisis that requires your Paypal donations. Apparently, they've been landed with a €1,700 ESB bill which they can't magic their way out of.

If it's not theirs, who could be behind it? Their landlord? Their former business partners? The Gubbernmint? Such intrigue.

Graham wrote: »
    Perhaps [they] could contact us say LLI. Which will obviously improve the situation, replacing one set of pseudo-legal jargon with another.

It's that time of the month again, the Hub has a new funding crisis that requires your Paypal donations. Apparently, they've been landed with a €1,700 ESB bill which they can't magic their way out of.

If it's not theirs, who could be behind it? Their landlord? Their former business partners? The Gubbernmint? Such intrigue.

50 euro is gone from new donations again to random person

What, writing "no contract, no consent" and sending it back to the ESB didn't magic the debt away?? I, for one, am shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I have to post these again...

full.png

full.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Maybe not pure freemanism but you gotta love the sending invoices to Irish Water and self-representation parts. Seems to be always a jolly good laugh in the courts, I chose my career poorly.

A water charges protester who dug up a water meter from the pavement outside his home and sent it to Irish Water with an invoice has claimed before the High Court the plastic cover installed over the meter was unsafe.
    Representing himself, Mr Murphy claims his constitutional right to bodily integrity had been infringed by Irish Water in installing plastic covers that were “not fit for purpose”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

'Legally misconceived' is probably the politest description you'd ever see for this type of b*##0Xology.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the judgement on thursday should make for interesting reading.

• Advertisement

Maybe not pure freemanism but you gotta love the sending invoices to Irish Water and self-representation parts. Seems to be always a jolly good laugh in the courts, I chose my career poorly.

A water charges protester who dug up a water meter from the pavement outside his home and sent it to Irish Water with an invoice has claimed before the High Court the plastic cover installed over the meter was unsafe.
    Representing himself, Mr Murphy claims his constitutional right to bodily integrity had been infringed by Irish Water in installing plastic covers that were “not fit for purpose”.
    He's in with nearly all the groups that feature in this thread.

Advertisement