Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

Nobody would argue otherwise but nobody will lift a finger to do anything about it....as it stares the whole country in the face....most especially not here.

This is a website. Report it to GSOC if you want something done. This isn't an activist forum it's a discussion forum.

What law specifically is being broken? Have you explained that to AGS (as they regularly record in our courts)? You might also ask them why on occasion courts service cctv footage has been erased.
    Whether or not there is a law being broken, in the same way as McCabe felt the need to covertly record his meeting, plenty feel the need to record the shenanigans in our courts.
    I'm sure he was probably breaking AGS policy in some way or other. I call on him to be disciplined for that action. What's the chances...

It's not a statutory offense. It's considered a contempt in the face of the court and is dealt with by means of the inherent jurisdiction of the court. AGS do not record within the precincts of any court but if they did they could not do so without express permission. If they did you should inform the court of same as it is a contempt just as it would be for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

This is a website. Report it to GSOC if you want something done. This isn't an activist forum it's a discussion forum.
    Congratulations on the sense of humour (GSOC). AS regards it being an 'activist' forum, I never suggested such a thing. Surely something that 'nobody would argue otherwise' about would not be in need of activism?

As for you pointing out this is a discussion forum, thank you for that. You'll see that my comments link back to the 'discussion' of other posters here - namely the hypocrisy of demanding those that take video in a court be pursued with the full rigours of the law when the very same people go quiet when it applies closer to home (that by way of reference to our two friends in AGS).

It's not a statutory offence. It's considered a contempt in the face of the court and is dealt with by means of the inherent jurisdiction of the court. AGS do not record within the precincts of any court but if they did they could not do so without express permission. If they did you should inform the court of same as it is a contempt just as it would be for anyone else.
    I see. So people who are of a mind that our judiciary are trampling on individuals rights - and with that video proceedings. The only ones who can give permission to record are those they allege to be the wrongdoers - who it seems have on occasion given permission to one party to record (as I stated, AGS have recorded in our courts on occasion in recent times) but not those who find fault with them.
    We've also had courts where the public have been excluded from proceedings (and i'm not talking about family law cases) but I guess court rules and the law itself is a selective a-la-carte affair for those in a position of authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Manning has split from them all, for reasons unknown.

Doctor Not filed his papers to run in the last election, and displayed a remarkable lack of acumen by posing for a beaming smile photo with the registrar that II members had had prior run-ins with. These members took umbrage with this, chief among them being Il Doocey.
    Hilarity ensued upon all their facebook pages for a few days.

Noticeable over the last week that a thaw seems to have set in, I suspect they'll be best buds again in a few months. If the various factions could pool their resources they could get over 300 votes next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm getting a major flashback of déjà vu from/off the recent posts here, for some strange reason...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

Esel wrote: »
    I'm getting a major flashback of déjà vu from/off the recent posts here, for some strange reason...

It's deja vu all over again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Id love to know what the mccabe saga has to do with this thread !???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What is the intent behind posting someones private address? Even if it is in the phone book, why post it on a Facebook page?
    It's, without doubt, suggesting that someone should pay the house a "visit".

Dangerous ground.

That was precisely what was being implied. The post is still visible on his page.

/Mod//

Part of this post deleted as it was defamatory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Before anyone gets into an argument with makeorbake you should check out this thread. It's a pointless endeavour.

EDIT: Reading the linked thread may result in a feeling similar to that felt by the Nazis at the end of Indian Jones and the Ark of the Covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

(apologies for disturbing the love-in but those of the opposing view are not going anywhere. It's a long road but ultimately, we're taking you down).

What love in? Who are you taking down? I'm not a member of An Garda Siochana, a member of the law industry, a member of the finance industry. However, I think that some of the regular posters we see on FB are deluded nobodies, people who will never achieve anything through hard work or talent and who feel that this form of "activism" is their best chance of finding fame and notierity. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of a man with a drug conviction and a man with a conviction for insurance fraud (if you google the names the headlines are easy to find)

I had to laugh at the notion that this cabal think that they can achieve any sort of victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

If someone has a criminal conviction that is a fact
    Likewise if someone does not have a criminal conviction and someone claims they have committed a crime, it's an opinion. Your posts seem to favour a public discourse where one canly only deal in facts.

• Advertisement

What love in? Who are you taking down? I'm not a member of An Garda Siochana, a member of the law industry, a member of the finance industry. However, I think that some of the regular posters we see on FB are deluded nobodies, people who will never achieve anything through hard work or talent and who feel that this form of "activism" is their best chance of finding fame and notierity. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of a man with a drug conviction and a man with a conviction for insurance fraud (if you google the names the headlines are easy to find)

I had to laugh at the notion that this cabal think that they can achieve any sort of victory.
    This post could very easily apply to Irish water protesters over the last few years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Would someone give me a nudge if the thread ever gets back on topic. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Graham wrote: »
    Would someone give me a nudge if the thread ever gets back on topic. Thanks

Was this thread ever on topic in the first place? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

All posters in this thread ought to make to swear an oath of office or be made attend ten water meter protests or some such sovereign seal like thingymajig.

Nope, freemen are about as realistic and ridiculous as libertarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Robbo wrote: »
    DDI stalwart and general loon Ray Hall has a blog. And it's proper mental.

Ray believes in *anything* that the Freemen are selling. He knows the *real* Constitution, all our unborn souls are heavily mortgaged to the Euroverlords for €47,000 and that you can make your own money with magic promises and there's not a thing the other side can do but accept it.

His recent account of assisting a friend is all kinds of bat****.

All I can think of here is a module in the Inns where John McCrirrick comes in and teaches all the younglings Tic-Tac.

DAmmit.

After all those years in courts have only now heard of those secret hand signals. Explains some unexpected decisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Canadel wrote: »
    Nope, freemen are about as realistic and ridiculous as libertarians.

True.

Before anyone gets into an argument with makeorbake you should check out this thread. It's a pointless endeavour.

EDIT: Reading the linked thread may result in a feeling similar to that felt by the Nazis at the end of Indian Jones and the Ark of the Covenant.

Oh.. Doc Hawaii..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Not surprisingly, Jerry Beades didn't get on too well in his attempt to stop Kelly J being made President of the High Court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Robbo wrote: »
    Not surprisingly, Jerry Beades didn't get on too well in his attempt to stop Kelly J being made President of the High Court.

Costs awarded against him too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Graham wrote: »
    Costs awarded against him too.
    Wonder how Qatar might be persuaded to enforce this...

Link to report on Manning and Granahan case, I wonder who will draw the short straw to deal with the case

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/27958-judge-tells-defendant-court-will-not-be-his-soapbox

Mod; No further comment please re Messrs Manning and Granahan anf their issues pending the adjourned DC hearing

Judge Devins told Mr Manning that she cannot and will not respond to this and also asked the defendant to stop barracking her. Mr Manning denied barracking her and said he was speaking clearly and respectfully.
    Mr Manning also questioned Judge Mary Devins if she was the right person to deal with the case after he claimed he was seeking to have her impeached.

/Mod// I have asked, nicely. for no comment here. Comments deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

nuac wrote:

Mod; No further comment please re Messrs Manning and Granahan anf their issues pending the adjourned DC hearing

/Mod
    Post deleted

Careful now.

/Mod
    Requote of previous AJ post deleted.

Careful now.

Is that your opinion?

Is that your opinion?
    It's a Father Ted reference.

• Advertisement

Careful now.

/Mod
    Requote of previous AJ post deleted.
    Is that your opinion?
    I think this validates my "opinion".

For there are fellas who'd sue you for the coat on your back..

Advertisement