Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

There's clearly something awry if the combined wisdom and legal knowledge of Anna nutcracker Harvey, Voldemort, the ref, and Granahan was ignored by the bench...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

The lads in the Hub are clapping a report from the examiner where a woman managed to get a write down from start mortgages .. they obviously don't see the irony in what they are cheerleading.

A woman who's circumstances have changed, engaged with a PIP and offered a proper solution to the finance company. This was rejected and she employed the services of a proper legal team to appeal this rejection and managed to put forward a proper argument which the courts agreed with.

So .. in other words; give up listening to all this nonsense from groups like the hub and go down he proper channels and the courts will respect you and give you a fair hearing and a much better chance of a positive outcome.

Maybe Bryon should have a chat with her to get some advise as to how to actually succeed in a court room setting ?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/teacher-beats-lenders-plan-to-make-her-and-sons-homeless-412557.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Time and time again, they warn people off going to PIPs or availing of the free help that's available from legitimate professionals.

65635881.jpg

Anything to keep the donations rolling in, to keep a steady supply of cannon fodder to be used as bargaining chips in their own affairs and to keep their founders in the manner they're accustomed to. They were even offering their services for media spots recently and I doubt it was for free. It's almost like their vulture-like behaviour is in aid of some kind of financial gain, perhaps to fund a goal. If only there was some kind of catchy name to attach to this...

If this woman had gone down the Hub route, she'd be involved in baseless litigation for the next few years as her credit rating gets repeatedly trashed and the bank eventually take the house. Plus enormous costs. Now she has a clean break, manageable repayments and a house for the rest of her natural life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Meanwhile, in Scotland a judgment has been issued relating to the "Indycamp" protest which I mentioned here before.

Much like so many of our local characters, a few of these lads decided to use this as a means to air any grievance they had ever had with authority. As is common with Freemen, they spouted a curious mix of religion, spiritual hoo-ha and the unerring belief that whatever rights they think they have can never be balanced against those of another.

Some choice quotes...
    One of these, from Mr Crielly, engaged in a lengthy discussion of spiritual matters, explained his search for the Stone of Destiny which he planned, he said, to return to its rightful home in Ireland, and then set out a series of complaints about the activities of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority and the conduct of the police and the courts. He also made a rather troubling reference to what he called the “arrestment” of the Queen on her attendance at Holyrood Palace on 2 July 2016.
    What is it with Freemen and petty motoring quibbles? Would the Holy Stone of Clonrichert Stone of Destiny be a Class 3 or Class 2 relic? If so, can we monetise the thing?
    On his own behalf Mr Gemmell swore and lodged an affidavit in which he set out a history of litigation which he had been involved in concerning businesses in Glasgow. He lodged extracts from various processes which appeared to concern this litigation and had nothing whatsoever to do with the present case. He appeared to explain that his purpose in associating himself with the camp and with the present action was to protest against corruption in various institutions including the courts, Customs and Excise, the police, Glasgow City Council and other organisations. He identified himself as participating in a protest rather than a vigil.
    A failed businessman latching onto a protest movement to air his grievances with all and sundry? Reminds me of a few of our "temporarily inconvenienced millionaires".
    Mr McFarlane, who has appeared to take something of a lead role in more recent appearances, advanced a fairly stark proposition. In short, his contention was that, contrary to the findings in my original decision, he and the others who occupy the camp have the complete right to do so. This time that assertion was based upon the contention that Jesus Christ in his second coming is within the camp and has granted his permission to occupy the grounds. On this basis Mr McFarlane’s proposition appeared to be that the law which I purported to apply has no standing and that his rights and the rights of others were being exercised under what he claimed to be God’s law, and that this should therefore prevail.

Having taken this stance Mr McFarlane made no relevant submissions on the question of the proportionality of granting an order as sought.
    It's plainly obvious that Mr McFarlane took tips on drafting affidavits from the Hubbites, Ben Gilroy et al...
    One of the statements which was lodged by Mr McFarlane in support of the submissions he advanced was a document which was addressed:
    “To ALL the people who are acting as judges in Scotland”

This document stated that there was an affidavit attached which was presented: “in this case and all other cases brought before every court in Scotland”. This so-called affidavit bore to be from Christ on his second coming, it ran to eight typed pages and bore to be signed: “Christ – King of Scotland”. The author was present in court for at least some of the hearing and claimed in the body of the document to be the owner of the whole world and everything pertaining to it. It was also explained in the document that he had given the Indycampers his permission to occupy his land and buildings. This was the basis upon which Mr McFarlane invited me to refuse to grant the order sought.

As this so-called affidavit continued the author asserted that the judges were frauds, having no authority to judge anyone or to decide any matter, that their oaths were null and void, that they were fraudulently impersonating judges and that they and their fraudulent Queen were guilty of capital crimes and should all be executed. For these reasons the author asserted that these judges were criminals and had no authority or jurisdiction to order that the Indycamp be removed whilst the campers had his permission to use his land.

I did point out to Mr McFarlane the logical conflict between asserting to me that neither I nor the court had any jurisdiction, whilst at the same time asking me to apply legal rights in his favour.
    "I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court, please give me what I want. Yours Sincerely, Jesus (Jnr.)".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Robbo wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Scotland a judgment has been issued relating to the "Indycamp" protest which I mentioned here before.

Much like so many of our local characters, a few of these lads decided to use this as a means to air any grievance they had ever had with authority. As is common with Freemen, they spouted a curious mix of religion, spiritual hoo-ha and the unerring belief that whatever rights they think they have can never be balanced against those of another.

Some choice quotes...

What is it with Freemen and petty motoring quibbles? Would the Holy Stone of Clonrichert Stone of Destiny be a Class 3 or Class 2 relic? If so, can we monetise the thing?

A failed businessman latching onto a protest movement to air his grievances with all and sundry? Reminds me of a few of our "temporarily inconvenienced millionaires".

It's plainly obvious that Mr McFarlane took tips on drafting affidavits from the Hubbites, Ben Gilroy et al...

"I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court, please give me what I want. Yours Sincerely, Jesus (Jnr.)".

in fairness those lads seem to be operating at a level far above our native freemen.

• Advertisement

in fairness those lads seem to be operating at a level far above our native freemen.

It's simple evolution. Give our lads a few more years and the will have full on lizard freeman faces.

Doesn't Ben have a great mate in the UK .. Guy something or other where he keeps getting advice and inspiration from ?

Meanwhile Sean Carraher sentenced to 5 years for harassing and posting vile lies about a Garda Sergeant on line.. Voldemort, the roofer and the ref beware.....

Meanwhile Sean Carraher sentenced to 5 years for harassing and posting vile lies about a Garda Sergeant on line.. Voldemort, the roofer and the ref beware.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Apparently Facebook have deleted and closed Joe Doocey's profile page. Seems that the last straw was his posting up the home addresses of judges, asking which one should first be sent an angry mob.

Apparently Facebook have deleted and closed Joe Doocey's profile page. Seems that the last straw was his posting up the home addresses of judges, asking which one should first be sent an angry mob.

I've been keeping an eye on these lads but i'd prefer not to mention them or give them any sort of recognition that they exist. I wouldn't class them as anything like the freemen in this thread .. just a bunch of people I wouldn't like to meet or give them a reason to have a grievance with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think the Hubcaps won their Rateable Value case.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rather selective photographing of the judgement on their page currently.

Not sure how "cause even more costs for the debtor" is a victory of any description, though.

I think the Hubcaps won their Rateable Value case.
    Saw that and I started to think of the likely results:
    • Another amendment to the Land & Conveyancing Reform Act. There has probably been something in the works since the initial judgment that put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    • Their punters are still in mortgage arrears and any proceedings in train may be amended.
    • Banks still have the option of going to the High Court.
    • Limited redress for those who already had their home repossessed. You can't hold a bank responsible for following a procedure in good faith that was sound at the time.
    I think the chances of the "free gaff plus megabucks compo" dream that they always sell are as remote as ever.

Also, given that costs usually follow the event and the legitimate professionals that the Hub employed will now receive their costs from the other side, what's going to happen to the €8-10k they say was raised in donations solely for this purpose? Looks to me like a form of trust has arisen and the Hub should be returning this to the donors. The answer might be different if they were operating under some form of legitimate charitable structure but they never seem too keen on this kind of (however limited, as recent headlines have shown) oversight.

I wasn't too familiar with the background facts to this one but the Irish Times confirms it as relating to one of the plucky little guys that the Hub love to stand up for. Just the 6 gaffs in this portfolio.

Without sight of the judgment yet, the Times report (which I have no reason to doubt as Mary Carolan is to my mind the only truly reliable court reporter) it seems the scope of this is extremely limited.
    Cases which may be affected by the Court of Appeal’s decision are where a dwelling was built after May 2002, the mortgage was entered into before December 1st, 2009, and repossession proceedings were initiated before July 31st, 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Robbo wrote: »
    Saw that and I started to think of the likely results:
    • Another amendment to the Land & Conveyancing Reform Act. There has probably been something in the works since the initial judgment that put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    • Their punters are still in mortgage arrears and any proceedings in train may be amended.
    • Banks still have the option of going to the High Court.
    • Limited redress for those who already had their home repossessed. You can't hold a bank responsible for following a procedure in good faith that was sound at the time.
    I think the chances of the "free gaff plus megabucks compo" dream that they always sell are as remote as ever.

Also, given that costs usually follow the event and the legitimate professionals that the Hub employed will now receive their costs from the other side, what's going to happen to the €8-10k they say was raised in donations solely for this purpose? Looks to me like a form of trust has arisen and the Hub should be returning this to the donors. The answer might be different if they were operating under some form of legitimate charitable structure but they never seem too keen on this kind of (however limited, as recent headlines have shown) oversight.

Based on this, it comes across as something of a Phyrric victory as it hasn't won anybody back their houses, has it, nor will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If this only affects repossession orders brought in before July 31st 2013 - does it not become extremely simple to just drop the original order and begin again?

Considering they were convinced they'd stop the CC having any jurisdiction at all this really isn't a victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Todays result does seem to have finally focused their minds on the importance of having proper qualified legal representation to state their case.
    So it looks as if that is the route they are going if any of ye here are interested in getting involved.
    Suggested pay doesn't look great admittedly.
    Breaking News: The Hub-Ireland is looking for Solicitors and Barristers that will take on cases pro-bono to help sue the Banks that have people in court on ad hoc, non statutory paperwork:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

Todays result does seem to have finally focused their minds on the importance of having proper qualified legal representation to state their case.
    So it looks as if that is the route they are going if any of ye here are interested in getting involved.
    Suggested pay doesn't look great admittedly.

Sure don't they have the 10 grand that was donated as they won the case likely they will get costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

No one will get anywhere suing a bank on these grounds. Virtually impossible that you could prove it or prove that the bank were acting in bad faith

• Advertisement

A wee bit of a schism in the ranks re the Rateable Valuation win, with Ben being first off the mark to claim his victory within minutes of the ruling. The Hub got nary a mention as he strutted down the Quays like Vince McMahon.

There seemed to be a lot of angst in the background about this on various pages, and later in the afternoon Ben clarified it somewhat but his still disingenuous 'thanks to Byron, and everyone in the Hub who gratefully helped' hasn't soothed the bad feelings in the ranks going by some of the comments.

A wee bit of a schism in the ranks re the Rateable Valuation win, with Ben being first off the mark to claim his victory within minutes of the ruling. The Hub got nary a mention as he strutted down the Quays like Vince McMahon.

There seemed to be a lot of angst in the background about this on various pages, and later in the afternoon Ben clarified it somewhat but his still disingenuous 'thanks to Byron, and everyone in the Hub who gratefully helped' hasn't soothed the bad feelings in the ranks going by some of the comments.

Talking bollox straight off the bat. No one is going to get their home that they didn't pay for back, or damages or anything else

The Hub have confirmed that they will be trousering the cash. I reckon this paves the way for Lord Byron to funnel it straight into his own case

GavMan wrote: »
    The Hub have confirmed that they will be trousering the cash. I reckon this paves the way for Lord Byron to funnel it straight into his own case
    Sets calendar reminder to check for holiday snaps and complaints that the drink abroad is "almost too cheap".

Having skimmed through the judgment, it seems Hogan J was quite deliberate in pointing out that the fix to this is quite simple. The Minister just needs to enact Section 45 of the Civil Liability and Courts Act 2004 which changes the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court in these matters to €3m and based on a market valuation rather than rateable value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Doocey has set himself up a new profile with a fake Templemore college attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Doocey has set himself up a new profile with a fake Templemore college attached to it.

Madder than a box of frogs that lad
    i m the state s worst nightmare . im a member of A.C.T

:rolleyes:

Madder than a box of frogs that lad

:rolleyes:

Now self describes as "equaliser" at A.C.T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

The video just goes to show the level of ignorance of the man and his ilk. He proudly proclaims that the judgment means that anyone that was subject of a repossession order in the Circuit Court can sue to get their property back from the Bank. Talk about giving people false hope as this is absolutely untrue.

The net result of the these proceedings as I understand it, is that if there are currently proceedings in the Circuit Court where a Bank is seeking to repossess a buy to let property in respect of which there is no formal Valuation Certificate, then those proceedings will have to be struck out. The Bank is still entitled to enforce its' security and instead will merely issue the same type of proceedings in the High Court.

It's absolutely a pyrrhic victory as the proceedings will reissue in the High Court, where there are higher costs, which will just be tacked on to the existing loan sum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod

No links, reposts or other references please to whatever this man or his allies put on FB

Advertisement