Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why? Is that new Boards policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It's absolutely a pyrrhic victory as the proceedings will reissue in the High Court, where there are higher costs, which will just be tacked on to the existing loan sum.

Realistically all the bank are ever going to get back from people is the property, which will often not cover the outstanding mortgage + cost of recovery.
    So if you add additional massive High Court costs to the loss that the bank are going to have to absorb, then suddenly it becomes more attractive to them not to proceed at all, instead renegotiating the mortgage on much reduced payment terms.

That as I understand it is the (flawed) logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Thargor wrote: »

It's because many of their posts are defamatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Thargor wrote: »

Mod

to reduce the risk of defamation proceedings against Boards,ie

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

nuac wrote: »
    Mod

to reduce the risk of defamation proceedings against Boards,ie

Juicy and his band are recklessly posting vile and defamatory content on Facebook hence this warning

• Advertisement

Juicy and his band are recklessly posting vile and defamatory content on Facebook hence this warning

If defamation was the worst of their issues they'd be just like the rest of the loons. They are posting addresses of Gardaí and Judges and encouraging people to show them real justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If defamation was the worst of their issues they'd be just like the rest of the loons. They are posting addresses of Gardaí and Judges and encouraging people to show them real justice.

Their tactics are perfect for achieving what they want.

If no one complains or objects they they are able to claim that the "corrupt powers that be" are running scared and if they do end up in court then it is the "corrupt state" trying to silence them. Win win.

Its scary to think so many people are being so easily led. Have to ask how many homes have been lost or how many people have been saddled with costs against them because of this shower.

Owryan wrote: »
    Their tactics are perfect for achieving what they want.

If no one complains or objects they they are able to claim that the "corrupt powers that be" are running scared and if they do end up in court then it is the "corrupt state" trying to silence them. Win win.

Its scary to think so many people are being so easily led. Have to ask how many homes have been lost or how many people have been saddled with costs against them because of this shower.

Not to mention trips to a cell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

A lane leading to houses very close to my parents has been blocked off with cars for the last while - I thought it had been something to do with a house been unoccupied since the mother had moved into town a while ago.

Not so it appears, the sign below appeared recently.

393173.jpg

Hope the neighbourhood stays peaceful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a "by order" line that doesn't appear to be signed in wet ink, you're grand!

From the U.S.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/03/facebook-deactivates-womans-account-as-she-posts-during-police-standoff/

Her original arrest seems to have been freeman related. Didn't believe she had to comply with traffic laws. Eventually ended in a standoff with police where she was killed after firing a shotgun at them. There's evidence to suggest she wasn't all there mentally and the freeman ideology obviously struck a chord with her. Just goes to show how dangerous it can be to spread this nonsense to vulnerable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Came across this from Australia http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36972449

It's got it all- freemanism, conspiracy against bankers/climate change/UN and he's also a senator. So, it's alright to be part of government and feel it's illegitimate too. Now where's my 'head exploding' emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There are times when you wish you could almost hug and kiss a judge :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Staph wrote: »
    Came across this from Australia http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36972449

It's got it all- freemanism, conspiracy against bankers/climate change/UN and he's also a senator. So, it's alright to be part of government and feel it's illegitimate too. Now where's my 'head exploding' emoji.
    I believe the Aussies would call that having a roo loose in the top paddock.

I always get the feeling that a couple of our own politicians are about 4 pints away from letting fly with the same stuff. Especially those that have previous enterprises with some of the lads from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Staph wrote: »

Jebus, he bears more than a passing resemblance to the Dear Leader of the Drogheda chapter of Irish Freemanism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Jebus, he bears more than a passing resemblance to the Dear Leader of the Drogheda chapter of Irish Freemanism :D

I miss that thread ... I dip in and out of his crazy world every so often.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    I miss that thread ... I dip in and out of his crazy world every so often.
    I too miss the updates from that particular corner of Bizarro World.

Not full Freeman but this judgment published today involved Humphreys J absolutely lacerating a persistent lay litigant and wondering if an Isaac Wunder order should be implemented. The plaintiff had an affidavit thrown out by the High Court Central Office as he described himself as "a disciple of Jesus Christ" rather than the usual butcher/baker/candlestick-maker description.

And then things got worse...
    22. The present judicial review application is the fifth High Court action instituted by the applicants. As well as this action, they have issued proceedings challenging three determinations of the respondent including the one duplicitously challenged here: the three appeals are in proceedings record numbers 2016 No. 100 MCA, 2016 No. 173 MCA and 2016 No. 225 MCA. In addition, they issued the already-referred to unsuccessful injunction proceedings, record No. 2016 No. 294 MCA, which resulted in an order for costs against the applicants made by Noonan J. on 19th October, 2015. There is no evidence that this has been satisfied. The respondent fairly characterises the approach taken as a decision “to appeal each and every determination made by the respondent if an order is not made in their favour” and a “tactic employed by the applicants to delay proceedings for as long as possible and to frustrate the proceedings before the respondent” (affidavit of Ms. Ward at para. 33). Apart from the frivolity and grandiosity that is manifest on the face of the present application, the approach of throwing out serious and unsubstantiated allegations of bias, and of responding to an adjournment application (prompted by the human exigency of a family emergency) with a complaint to the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation, does little for the reputation or credibility of the applicants.

23. The courts are not a playground in which litigants can amuse themselves at will. The State in all its manifestations may have enough time and patience to weather the efforts of frivolous litigants, but in an underlying private law context such as this, such conduct has a significant downstream effect on private persons such as the landlords in this case. For the court to bask in self-congratulatory patience for quirky insouciance on the part of applicants such as these (especially given the considerable effort made, and courtesy to the court shown, by the first named applicant) would be to play the role of a judicial free-rider; taking the feel-good benefit of immediate indulgence towards an applicant while shifting the social cost in dealing with the resultant mess to unheard private parties. Despite the natural preference for erring on the side of limitless indulgence, the balance of justice in such a situation calls for a more direct approach. I will hear the parties on whether any order should be considered limiting the applicants from engaging in future frivolous applications.

Robbo wrote: »
    I too miss the updates from that particular corner of Bizarro World

He has a new 'book' available for free from his website.

297 pages of slop ... Sort of like reading Fr. Ted's Golden Cleric acceptance speech.

297 pages of slop ... Sort of like reading Fr. Ted's Golden Cleric acceptance speech.
    "You're just a clear biased fool" - to quote Jeff Rudds

• Advertisement

"You're just a clear biased fool" - to quote Jeff Rudds

No .. I'm an FG/ Labour troll who is trying to bring down the biggest threat to the establishment... A man who will bring untold wealth and prosperity to all those long term unemployed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

whippet wrote:
    No .. I'm an FG/ Labour troll who is trying to bring down the biggest threat to the establishment... A man who will bring untold wealth and prosperity to all those long term unemployed

Had a look at the page, he has been taking some issue at Aevril Power taking in 100k as a charity head.

I wonder how much his household is taking in, all included and no tax to worry about. Considering none of that money is earned I think he has the sweeter deal

He is bashing away on a keyboard for the betterment of all those who choose not to work ... A hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Been a while since we've heard from the poor downtrodden fit farmers in Cork

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/craden-hill-herd-family-ordered-to-hand-over-farm-by-high-court/

Been a while since we've heard from the poor downtrodden fit farmers in Cork

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/craden-hill-herd-family-ordered-to-hand-over-farm-by-high-court/

Ben & Jerry's many flavours of law are fairly quite about this one at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

I spoke to a free man over the phone as part of my job recently.

It took a few minutes to suss out exactly what he was saying but then the magical words were uttered; "that court has no authority over me", or something to that effect. Nice guy admittedly. Didn't end up providing him with any solution in the end despite the call lasting 10 minutes. I think they just want some attention and to have their problems listened to.

Ben & Jerry's many flavours of law are fairly quite about this one at the moment

Bens actually been quite vocal about it (maybe he has you blocked).
    He's been on the wireless and all talking about it.

Cliffs :
    Ben no longer with DDI.
    Working for the Morgan Private Settlement Trust?
    Representing the Kingstons.
    Has contacts worldwide in the banking and securities industries who've alerted him to a problem with the mortgage.
    More than a hint that it's the securitisation issue revisited though he doesn't use that word.
    Claims that's the Kingstons offered 2.5M to pay all debts + an extra 800K for the banks troubles but were refused (smell of promissory off this imo).
    All he wants to do is negotiate with ACC on the farmers behalf, coz the next step would be to bring a criminal case against them coz they are in the wrong.

All fun and games.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Kept reading Klingons instead of Kingston's there.

Makes just as much sense if it's Klingons.

• Advertisement

Kept reading Klingons instead of Kingston's there.

Makes just as much sense if it's Klingons.
    Off the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow?

Advertisement