Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Robbo wrote: »
    Off the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow?

It's law Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Actually you are right .. I'm blocked .. All I see is his election mode page !!

He is s some chancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Gotta love how Ben goes from posting how the gardai are corrupt organs of oppression to posting a video saying we need to support them for some reason or other.

Also the "police" raided his house, was it the band or did they come all the way from the UK to carry out the raid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Many judges nowadays are either innately too polite, or afraid of being reviewed/appealed. They tend to listen to a lot of rubbish.

I recall older judges who were less tolerant. E,g, George Murnaghan ran a tight, fraught Probate Motion list. A solicitor who lost a will could expect a lively morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

nuac wrote: »
    A solicitor who lost a will could expect a lively morning.

And the beneficiaries a lively mourning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Bens actually been quite vocal about it (maybe he has you blocked).
    He's been on the wireless and all talking about it.

Cliffs :
    Ben no longer with DDI.
    Working for the Morgan Private Settlement Trust?
    Representing the Kingstons.
    Has contacts worldwide in the banking and securities industries who've alerted him to a problem with the mortgage.
    More than a hint that it's the securitisation issue revisited though he doesn't use that word.
    Claims that's the Kingstons offered 2.5M to pay all debts + an extra 800K for the banks troubles but were refused (smell of promissory off this imo).
    All he wants to do is negotiate with ACC on the farmers behalf, coz the next step would be to bring a criminal case against them coz they are in the wrong.

All fun and games.

The latest word on the grapevine is that our Ben has been back and forth to the UAE where he has found some very generous sheikhs who are willing lo provide funding to bail out all the poor and downtrodden who can no longer/no willing/cant be arsed to pay their mortgages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Chiorino wrote: »
    The latest word on the grapevine is that our Ben has been back and forth to the UAE where he has found some very generous sheikhs who are willing lo provide funding to bail out all the poor and downtrodden who can no longer/no willing/cant be arsed to pay their mortgages.
    The Sharif don't like it, rock Trim Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Conveyancing is already complicated here.

We don't need any Sharia law - could cost an arm and a leg

How is Ben getting on with getting Claire Knowles back in to her house and Tyne huge compensation he promised her on a cork radio station? Seems to be very little happening on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jimlahey123

The Hub Ireland are back suing Facebook pages again. Check out 'Facta Sunt Pontentiora Verbis' page... A definition of charity was put up with a picture of The Hub Team having a party and speech bubble "Thanks for the donations"... The comments are frightening from the Hubs perspective, encouraging their followers to attack the admin and plus they threw out the sympathy trick, "That was the day where a man took his life over mortgage debt".... It seems to be the norm for anyone questioning them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Hub update - they can now help you to Pray the Gay Away as well as Praying the Bank Away.

I'd imagine the success rates of the 2 are similar.

http://www.thejournal.ie/pastor-angus-buchan-2938283-Aug2016/

mrs vimes wrote: »
    Hub update - they can now help you to Pray the Gay Away as well as Praying the Bank Away.

I'd imagine the success rates of the 2 are similar.

http://www.thejournal.ie/pastor-angus-buchan-2938283-Aug2016/

Pretty sure that's the Hub at Cillin Hill. It's a venue in Kilkenny and nothing to do with the erstwhile subjects of many posts in this thread as far as I know.

I stand to be corrected of course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Pretty sure that's the Hub at Cillin Hill. It's a venue in Kilkenny and nothing to do with the erstwhile subjects of many posts in this thread as far as I know.

Spot on, nothing to do with the Capel Street crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Ben is posting up clips from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, specifically Harry Rearden's trial. Wasn't rational selfishness one of Rand's favourite philosophies?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Ben is posting up clips from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, specifically Harry Rearden's trial. Wasn't rational selfishness one of Rand's favourite philosophies?

Also the sanctity of a contract. As in, if you enter a contract freely its your own fault and you cant go around saying it was unfair if your investment doesnt work out.

Not that Im a fan of Rand, by the way, im just saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

I stand to be corrected of course

Thanks for clearing that up Kayroo, sometimes I just see loonies everywhere :-)

I wouldn't get too hung up on figuring out what Ben's real beliefs are .. As with most freeman teaching you find a small snippet of text or information which in isolation will support your mad view and quote it out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you can't beat them, join them. LLI are actually sharing a Law Library event :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/Laylitigation/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

Ben Gilroy is head to Cork according to his Facebook page to "take back properties" that were repossessed. In reality if he damages the locks to do this he is committing burglary.

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    Ben Gilroy is head to Cork according to his Facebook page to "take back properties" that were repossessed. In reality if he damages the locks to do this he is committing burglary.

He ll be grand, sure he never gave consent to be arrested.

• Advertisement

I love the way he has ended his post saying it's just his opinion ... What a charlatan

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭tonyroc

Interesting thread !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

tonyroc wrote: »
    Interesting thread !!!

Hilarious thread.

whippet wrote: »
    I love the way he has ended his post saying it's just his opinion ... What a charlatan

And that's the problem, sadly there are people who will believe that the snakeoil he is selling will save them and their houses. He and his ilk are telling people what they want to hear and are dressing it up to look and sound like prudent, confident legal advice. the poor recipient of this advice ignores the "it's just his opinion" element.

I ve had the misfortune of having to sit down with people who have listened to either Ben, or worse, the HUB and found themselves in a whole world of hurt and cannot understand why they advice they got didnt work.

Even more worryingly is that in recent times i've noticed that the HUB has been able to link up with state supplied support services to act as a point of contact for those in danger of losing their homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Owryan wrote: »

Even more worryingly is that in recent times i've noticed that the HUB has been able to link up with state supplied support services to act as a point of contact for those in danger of losing their homes.

Elaborate.

Ye should come join us in the 'sovereign people of Eire blunders'

No word from Ben (TM) about the two houses he was going to take back in cork last week ... usually he would have a selfie video taking walking down the street talking about how he tore the ar$e off a barrister / receiver / random person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

What is the Hubs obsession with the right of a sheriff to seize a home?

Am I right thinking that is a complete red herring? More so than usual? Surely the Sheriffs role in a repossession is neither here nor there, once an order has been made?

whippet wrote: »
    No word from Ben (TM) about the two houses he was going to take back in cork last week ... usually he would have a selfie video taking walking down the street talking about how he tore the ar$e off a barrister / receiver / random person.

Has he ever tore the arse of anyone? The only arse he has ever tore was his own

• Advertisement

What is the Hubs obsession with the right of a sheriff to seize a home?

Am I right thinking that is a complete red herring? More so than usual? Surely the Sheriffs role in a repossession is neither here nor there, once an order has been made?

Precisely..... They cant act unless a signed order has been given by a Judge.... These dipsticks make it sound as if these sheriff's just randomly pick homes to repossess out of a hat

Advertisement