Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

News of yet another Lay Litigation Ireland victory :rolleyes:

Looks totally legit. Actually it looks like something a 12yo would knock up.

Just my own observations but never seen a letter with the postal method on it. The list of directors/consultants seems to be lacking a few "," also. And surely a person would have signed off with a name not the company title.

Other than that I have no problems believing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Owryan wrote: »
    Looks totally legit. Actually it looks like something a 12yo would knock up.

Just my own observations but never seen a letter with the postal method on it. The list of directors/consultants seems to be lacking a few "," also. And surely a person would have signed off with a name not the company title.

Other than that I have no problems believing it.

Have seen many letters headed up by the method of delivery, in a firm it's an instruction to the post room rather than the person who gets the letter. It is also very normal to sign on behalf of the company by just writing the company name.

Have seen many letters headed up by the method of delivery, in a firm it's an instruction to the post room rather than the person who gets the letter. It is also very normal to sign on behalf of the company by just writing the company name.

Cheers, just never come across it myself in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chewey louis

Owryan wrote: »
    Cheers, just never come across it myself in work.

It's quiet common now as the banks are pulling out of cases when they can't use copies anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

What is the trick the freemen do by adding stamps to a bill to make it a cheque? What is the claimed rational?

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html number 73

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What is the trick the freemen do by adding stamps to a bill to make it a cheque? What is the claimed rational?

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html number 73

A complete misconception of the idea of there being stamp duty on a cheque (and of stamp duty to begin with) I suspect.

A few years ago the standard Freeman thing was to read (part of) the defintion of a term from [pick a legal dictionary of your choice here] and state that it supported their concept. I'm sure there's a legal dictionary with an arseways definiton of stamp duty out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Definite smell of "Freemance, the fragrance for men" off this story in the Spindo:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/planned-eviction-of-couple-and-two-children-from-fivebed-home-postponed-at-lastminute-35093731.html

Is it the same Vincent O'Donoghue mentioned here, I wonder?

For bonus points:

Who is the "well known Irish businessman" involved?

Why do the initials "JB" keep popping up in my head?

Looks like the same guy alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

This would drive you crackers:
    The spokesman criticised media coverage of the case.

He wrote: "It has become abundantly clear that the appetite for reporting on the negative and devastating consequences associated with the eviction of families from their family homes is still great, evident and wholesome in this country."

Speculators who haven't paid a dime on their loan in almost 7 years. Hard to feel sorry for them, living in a home expenses free when you genuine folk cutting back on essentials to pay their mortgages

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/co-kildare-family-face-eviction-after-failing-to-pay-3m-debt-1.2803023

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Gotta love Jerry Beades different attitude to debt when he is the creditor.
    Speaking at the Construction Week Qatar Awards 2016, Beades revealed that the demolition company has had to become more aggressive in securing payments from its clients.
    “We’ve got more aggressive in requesting payments, and I’ve just had a series of meetings over the last couple of days, chasing up old money. This week, we actually got money in that we’ve been chasing over the last three months that was outstanding for two years,” he added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mrs vimes wrote: »
    Definite smell of "Freemance, the fragrance for men" off this story in the Spindo:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/planned-eviction-of-couple-and-two-children-from-fivebed-home-postponed-at-lastminute-35093731.html

Is it the same Vincent O'Donoghue mentioned here, I wonder?

For bonus points:

Who is the "well known Irish businessman" involved?

Why do the initials "JB" keep popping up in my head?
    It's a competitive marketplace out there in the world of fake lawyerin'. It seems The Hub-Ireland were actively courting this family as potential clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Can somebody explain the term "predatory lending" that they like to throw about? were banks forcing people to take out loans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Can somebody explain the term "predatory lending" that they like to throw about? were banks forcing people to take out loans?

Yes. They would hide in the bushes near homes that were for sale and wait for people to view them. If the viewers looked happy with the house as they were leaving the banker would pounce on them with a mortgage contract and advise them to sign it or they'd never get the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The judge with some sharp words here about litigants delaying eviction proceedings with paperwork requests. Not sure if the man in question is under the influence of the Hub style groupings, but some of his tactics would hint so. His idea of not paying 'willy-nilly amounts' is certainly novel and interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The judge with some sharp words here about litigants delaying eviction proceedings with paperwork requests. Not sure if the man in question is under the influence of the Hub style groupings, but some of his tactics would hint so. His idea of not paying 'willy-nilly amounts' is certainly novel and interesting.
    Judge Linnane said Mr Higgins had made no offer to make any payment for some time and it had now become a regular occurrence with litigants to look for discovery of documents as “a delaying tactic.”

She said she was finding that a lot of defendants were using as a delaying tactic a request for discovery of documents.

“The relevant documents have been provided in these proceedings,” Judge Linnane said. “You got the money, you got it on certain terms, the bank obtained its security on the mortgage, you defaulted on payment, a final demand was not met and the bank is seeking possession of the property.”
    "Show me the originals" is a Hub-Ireland classic. They reckon it's one step classier than blathering on about colours of ink or flesh & blood signatures. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, you'd want to be awful careful giving an original document to these lads even for inspection, documents were known to walk out of the Land Registry never to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chewey louis

Is that not the same judge who struck out a case because of wrong paperwork this week,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

The Hub are going international ... a jolly fact finding mission to the wonderful city of barcelona is on the cards for a few of the lucky members.
    The Hub – Ireland are off to Barcelona to meet up with our counterpart: PAH.
    Don’t try and look too deep, don’t try and find fault or conspiracy theories: yes it is funded by PAH but it is a fact finding mission to see how Spain united Spain and took the sigma way from Mortgage Arrears and Mortgage problems: because we are having one hell of a time to do just that: farmers are the worst feckers! And in the meantime Ireland is being pillaged.
    So the girls (Martina, Rose & Adrienne) are off to Barcelona, looks like November 21st to 22nd , (hardly time to breath, lol) again: what do YOU want us to ask them?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's very difficult to understand (nothing new) but it looks like their criminal stupidity is going to land them in (even more) trouble if they start asking around Barcelona about a united Spain.

750px-Si%C3%B1al_d%27Arag%C3%B3n.svg.png

But Spain has a huge repossession rate according to google, what can those snake oil merchants hope to learn in 2 days

• Advertisement

I was interested to see what our friends in Direct Democracy Ireland would have to say on the budget .. and I have noticed that their website is down and the Facebook page has only had a couple of updates in the last few months,

I know that their previous leading light Ben has stated publicly that he is no longer part of DDI as he feels that the whole political system is a nonsense (nothing to do with a pitiful return at the last election).

all the earlier figure heads are very very quite, Tom, Ray, Jan etc.

The breakaway group of UnitedPeople seem to be going from strength to strength with a new website and regular news dumping and opinion pieces on their Facebook page. Despite the implosion before the last election it seems UP have a new vigour and are ready to fill the void that has been created by the disappearance of DDI.

Interesting times ahead for the North East's finest fringe political stage.

whippet wrote: »
    I was interested to see what our friends in Direct Democracy Ireland would have to say on the budget .. and I have noticed that their website is down and the Facebook page has only had a couple of updates in the last few months,

I know that their previous leading light Ben has stated publicly that he is no longer part of DDI as he feels that the whole political system is a nonsense (nothing to do with a pitiful return at the last election).

The breakaway group of UnitedPeople seem to be going from strength to strength with a new website and regular news dumping and opinion pieces on their Facebook page. Despite the implosion before the last election it seems UP have a new vigour and are ready to fill the void that has been created by the disappearance of DDI.

If an election was called for Friday week, UP would find a way to implode over the weekend. Heaven forbid that Dear Leader would have to back up all his ****posting.

Robbo wrote: »
    If an election was called for Friday week, UP would find a way to implode over the weekend. Heaven forbid that Dear Leader would have to back up all his ****posting.

I am not a physicist or chemical engineer; but my crude understanding is that you need to have fuel, spark and an accelerant for any type of explosion - that is 3 parts .. has united people even two or three people to cause any type of explosion?

I am not a physicist or chemical engineer; but my crude understanding is that you need to have fuel, spark and an accelerant for any type of explosion - that is 3 parts .. has united people even two or three people to cause any type of explosion?
    El Jefe is entirely capable of spontaneous auto-combustion. All he needs is the realisation that he might have to get out from behind his monitor and do something and some crisis will manifest itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Implode.

Really wish the united people thread was reopened. Jeff's former partner and pr guru has been Jeff bashing again

Never realised Tubbs and Harry set upntheor own party ... some classic one liners there

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭tonyroc

On Wednesday (Oct 12), the Court of Appeal dismissed the O'Donnell appeal. It also dismissed an application in which the O'Donnell's asked High Court judge Brian McGovern to disbar himself from hearing the case
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/appeal-over-lifting-of-legal-bar-on-gorse-hill-dismissed-35125302.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

tonyroc wrote: »
    On Wednesday (Oct 12), the Court of Appeal dismissed the O'Donnell appeal. It also dismissed an application in which the O'Donnell's asked High Court judge Brian McGovern to disbar himself from hearing the case
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/appeal-over-lifting-of-legal-bar-on-gorse-hill-dismissed-35125302.html

Who funds all this? I assume going to the High Court isnt cheap.

Advertisement