Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    They over a court a couple years back. Were any of them arrested over it?

Mod Edit: No videos from inside a Courthouse please.

This is what he got the 2 months for, now the case is over it's fair to say that it was the height of stupidity to post videos of himself "storming " the Courtroom and taking it over, and even stupider to fight the case fully on the basis that there was some conspiracy against him.
    While he had led a charmed life so far in defending himself in minor cases, he isn't up to senior hurling. If he copped a plea in the first place he'd have avoided serving any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I gave up following the antics from the west ... it's not really freeman stuff more just frustration and stupidity. A local news report should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ben Gilroy has posted on his Facebook page that

'After 3 years fighting leeds building society for my brother in law we eventually won the case. The was a hearing for costs yesterday and we were also awarded costs'

Anyone have an insight as to what this case was and what the actual result was?

Case seems to be up again on Monday according to Ben.
    Perhaps it originally wasn't quite as resounding a victory as we were told.

Case seems to be up again on Monday according to Ben.
    Perhaps it originally wasn't quite as resounding a victory as we were told.

Ben will be a busy lad today ... he is fighting on two sides of the island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Mod
    Your comment and FB reference deleted. imho what this group put on FB should stay there

• Advertisement

Mod ; Comment deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

whippet wrote:
    waving his Habeas corpus stick …l

Is that what he's calling it now?

Is that what he's calling it now?

What ever he calls it ... it didn't work !!!! Judicial review time !

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭IsaacWunder

whippet wrote: »
    Issac Wonder was mentioned by the judge ... hopefully more of these being issued

:o

I gave up following the antics from the west ... it's not really freeman stuff more just frustration and stupidity. A local news report should be interesting

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/29988-general-election-candidate-jailed-for-public-order-breach

Tragically his application to the High Court failed this morning😭

• Advertisement

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/29988-general-election-candidate-jailed-for-public-order-breach

Tragically his application to the High Court failed this morning😭

Surprisingly Mr Gilroy has been unusually quite on his two courts cases from yesterday. He obviously failed with Manning ... anyone hear anything from his long running loosing battle with the Leeds bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Surprisingly Mr Gilroy has been unusually quite on his two courts cases from yesterday. He obviously failed with Manning ... anyone hear anything from his long running loosing battle with the Leeds bank?

I quote from a Facebook post on Ben's page....

"Case adjourned till next Monday @ 2pm for final submission Ben is barred from fb at present you can pass this news on ta"

Of course if you prefer to get your your news in Tecnicolour, the offspring of Stephen Manning has promised us videos from Ben and all sorts. Stay tuned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I quote from a Facebook post on Ben's page....

"Case adjourned till next Monday @ 2pm for final submission Ben is barred from fb at present you can pass this news on ta"

Of course if you prefer to get your your news in Tecnicolour, the offspring of Stephen Manning has promised us videos from Ben and all sorts. Stay tuned :pac:

The updates are interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The updates are interesting to say the least.

There would appear to be many villages in County Mayo being deprived of the services of their idiot-in-residence.

Ben is on a forced holiday from Facebook, however the hub are sharing an event he is hosting with the unfortunately named Miriam Freeman ... I'm not sure what the subject matter is ... as Miriam was the poster girl for the late Claire Culliane's short lived Debt Options venture and the subject of RTEs funny expose. As history will show the Freemans failed on all accounts .. so it would be interesting to hear their latest hairbrained schemes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Might be of interest
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/15/sovereign-citizens-rightwing-terrorism-hate-us-government?CMP=share_btn_fb
    Although the Trump administration is reportedly planning to restructure the Department of Homeland Security’s countering violent extremism (CVE) program to focus exclusively on radical Islam, a 2014 national survey of 175 law enforcement agencies ranked sovereign citizens, not Islamic terrorists, as the most pressing terrorist threat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

This is not to imply any connection with the Irish brand of this sort of thing but there was an article about US 'sovereign citizens' recently. Basically the sovereign citizen ideology + guns = bad news.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/15/sovereign-citizens-rightwing-terrorism-hate-us-government

It's a bit unnerving, but unsurprising, what happens when some people decide the rules as everyone else understands them don't apply. Hmm...could the people behind Uber be sovereign citizen adherents too?

Mr Darcys world changing legal-and-equitable venture which got mentioned in the thread around 2015 seems to be shut down now, but never fear there is another flashy website in the works with ibig.ie. Tom is promising us potential savings due to overchargings on our mortgages. Free seminars on the way this weekend, though I have a sneaky feeling that they may be like those free shows that the timeshare people in costa blanco try to bring you to. That big 'Make a Payment' button on the ibig website is there for a reason.

In totally unrelated news there seems to be a few problems amongst the Hub supporters - his Lordship has even threatened to throw in the towel because of the criticism which seems to centre on the Hub sending people off to meet other 'experts', said experts presumably the type who expect payment.
    A few interesting posts have been deleted, from people who would have been solid supporters.

Finally Ben OTF Gilroy seems to have got a major 'ground breaking' victory on Monday in his case against the Leeds, no actually details have emerged yet though.

Mr Darcys world changing legal-and-equitable venture which got mentioned in the thread around 2015 seems to be shut down now, but never fear there is another flashy website in the works with ibig.ie. Tom is promising us potential savings due to overchargings on our mortgages. Free seminars on the way this weekend, though I have a sneaky feeling that they may be like those free shows that the timeshare people in costa blanco try to bring you to. That big 'Make a Payment' button on the ibig website is there for a reason.

you gotta love this paragraph

We are hosting FREE one hour Seminars in Cork this Sunday 21st May in The International Hotel Cork offering a FREE analysis of peoples accounts (t&c’s apply) and explaining how people can find out if they have been overcharged on their mortgages and claim their money back.

its like the wording on the lovely letters I get address to the 'resident' with offers of FREE souvenir coins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

€3,000 - €3,200 to make a claim. All you have to do is scan all your bank statements and send them through an unsecured website to an entity with no privacy policy or data protection notice.

I also spat out my tea when I saw them hawking "trust arrangements" in Bulgaria. Of course then it dawned on me that some of their prospective clients were possibly the kind of people who bought apartments in Bulgaria without ever seeing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

the value of the specific forensic analysis service provided. IBIG’S fee is 20% of the overall confirmed overcharging hereafter called (redress)... Redress is paid directly to FH O’ Reilly Solicitors, ...Should you interfere or impede and or refuse to accept the overcharging identified or any amount offered to FH O Reilly solicitor by your finance provider that is considered a reasonable offer (a) IBIG is entitled to charge its agreed percentage and fee’s based on that offer plus 8% annually applied to any delay incurred by the client’s actions and any and all costs of such disruption. The minimum cost of such disruption is fixed at €3500.00 excluding vat.

Using solicitors
    Extortionate costs
    Quoting ex VAT

IBIG is a goldmine for lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Mannings claque outraged he has been refused temporary release from prison less than two weeks into his two month sentence, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the prohibition on breaching the peace or communication on media during the T/R period....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

you gotta love this paragraph

We are hosting FREE one hour Seminars in Cork this Sunday 21st May in The International Hotel Cork offering a FREE analysis of peoples accounts (t&c?s apply) and explaining how people can find out if they have been overcharged on their mortgages and claim their money back.

its like the wording on the lovely letters I get address to the 'resident' with offers of FREE souvenir coins

Reminds me of Homer Simpson meeting the Movementarians..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This post has been deleted.

It worked fine for Iceland's bond debts :)

Tom seems to be getting a bit of flack on his facebook page about this new venture.

People don’t seem to be to impressed that they are looking for 3k just as a starter from people who are obviously struggling for money as they have to be at least 6 months in arrears.

Also; it is being pointed out to him that there is no record of them in the CRO etc .. but Tom being the legal expert pointed out that he is just a spokesperson and that it is an ‘International Company’ .. not sure about that relevance. Tom also has stated that he is just a spokesperson .. not actually involved. The domain ibig.ie is registered to a Mr David Darcy .. probably coincidence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You would wonder who's remit that falls under, financial services or legal services?

The fact that the button 'Buy a book on Banking corruption' on ibig links to Toms widely ignored Waiting for The Sheriff would indicate he has some input into it.

Testimonials page is a lol, if you, want to read testimonials, from 4 different people, who structure, their sentences, identically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Jesus H. That website design makes me want to scratch my out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

I always thought Tom made his money by claiming he had the keys that could unlock the system and save people from contracts they've entered into. He added a layer of anti-authoritarianism to his scams so that any criticism could be deflected by claiming that he's standing up for ordinary people, and that 'at least I'm trying to help'..
    But now he's claiming he can give tax and investment advice and has dropped the rebel act - instead tries to make himself out to be some financial wizard.
    But all the people he hooked in before were those who had been told by solicitors that there was no hope to save their property, and he came along and claimed the solicitors were wrong and he was right and in their desperation individuals listened to him.. This time, he seems to be going after wealthy individuals and offering them buzzwords for 3000.
    Does he imagine there's many wealthy people out there that have been the same desperation to fall for his randomly capitalised spiel? Is he really trying to compete with investment funds and tax consultants?
    Before I just thought he was a particularly odd scam artist. Now he just seems to have gone insane/begun to believe his proclamations regarding his own brilliance

Advertisement