Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LucBetton

As an aside, Tom seems to claim he's become official partners with these guys
    http://www.forthsonline.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

So is he actually providing financial or investment advice? Without regulation? Because that could be something that should be reported to the unauthorized providers unit at the central bank if so...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

In happier news, the Hub celebrates it's 4th birthday today. One wonders if the government has cashed in the bond on their birth cert yet and if they used some of their many donated biscuits for their party?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Tom wouldn't be the biggest fan of regulation or the like .. he blames them all his past business failures

When smokey coal was banned, when taxis were deregulated and those peskey planning laws which took down his property empire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

This is wonderful, from the DDI page, a video with Billy Maguire (the REAL president) and the elusive and mysterious former DDI president Jan the man.

Some crap about sovereignty and turning the seal. I miss Jan.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1658176917526590&id=725875210756770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

From the Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/election-candidate-lied-through-her-teeth-at-roadside-incident-with-garda%C3%AD-1.3096490
    In the footage, Ms O’Brien can be heard to say, “Are you acting under oath? Ye seem to be forgetting it an awful lot lately lads . . . I don’t have to answer any of your questions because you are refusing to tell me that you are acting under the oath . . . Ye are in enough trouble as it is now lads without stopping people at the side of the road for pieces of paper’.

Been a while i've heard the under oath thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Here's her election material from 2014 and 2016.

She namechecks multi-landlord Peter Anthony Keegan who may be familiar to those who've been following this thread for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Drivers licenses are pieces of plastic, not pieces of paper 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fxotoole wrote: »
    Drivers licenses are pieces of plastic, not pieces of paper 😉

the old licences were pieces of paper covered in plastic. it may have been one of those. pedantic i know.

Robbo wrote: »
    Here's her election material from 2014 and 2016.

She namechecks multi-landlord Peter Anthony Keegan who may be familiar to those who've been following this thread for a while.

Ah yes, Mr Keegan. I remember his escapades well. Castle bar Court wasn't it?

• Advertisement

A quick glance at her Facebook page is like a who's who of this thread. From name checking mr gilroy, marching ahead of the two crusaders from mayo, anti eviction task force to photos with Tom Darcy's infamous bankers coffin that was paraded about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Not the usual Freeman nonsense, insofar as there's no mention of trying to weasel out of debts or drink driving charges, but this caught my eye:
    Woman who claimed sheep are ‘sacred’ banned from taking cases

Some choice quotes in the report. I reckon I'll pick the winning lottery numbers before those costs get paid.
    A woman who has issued 24 separate cases in the High Court since 1999 has been banned from taking any new cases against various State parties or judges unless she gets permission from the court.

Donna Sfar, with an address in Co Louth and representing herself, was also ordered to pay the substantial legal costs incurred by the State parties of successfully defending her latest cases over four days.

In those two cases, brought arising from the seizure of sheep and pigs from Ms Sfar for animal welfare reasons, her claims included alleged breach of her religious rights based on claims sheep are descended from Jacob and therefore “sacred” creatures of religious significance,
    Mr Justice Michael Twomey said if he did not grant costs to the Minister for Agriculture and State against Ms Sfar, that would send a message to other lay litigants there were “little or no financial consequences” for losing cases against the State.

There are “very significant financial consequences” for the State as it does not have an “endless supply” of funds to pay lawyers to defend “baseless” legal claims against it, he said.

The use of public funds to defend “multiple” actions by Ms Sfar has resulted in “enormous expense” and diversion of resources from other areas and he had “little hesitation” in awarding costs against her.

In the judicial reviews before him, the judge said he had heard evidence of “grave suffering” to animals on Ms Sfar’s property and he had ruled in June 2016 Ms Sfar had no grounds for challenging their seizure.

Since his judgment, Ms Sfar had sent emails to the Chief State Solicitor’s office stating, inter alia, she would “fight to the death” for return of the animals and alleging sheep seized from her property were “sacred” and had been “murdered”.

It seemed clear, regardless of what decision any court makes, Ms Sfar was “fully convinced she is right and anyone who disagrees with her about the welfare of her animals is wrong”.

It was clear Ms Sfar desired to pursue her claims “no matter what”. She had also referred to having a law degree and believing court is her “vocation” and she contributes to public law by her litigation.

Mistreatment of animals
    She has had seven hearings arising from the mistreatment of her animals and had instituted four sets of judicial review proceedings, he noted. She had issued 24 judicial reviews since 1999.

All of this litigation essentially related to the “same set of facts” and was imposing a “severe workload” on the department.

Her actions in this case, and since he gave judgment, were “sufficiently vexatious” to justify restraining her taking further cases against the Minister for Agriculture or State without prior leave of the High Court. Noting other proceedings by her making various claims against various judges, he directed she would also need leave of the court to sue judges.

The judge noted, since his June 2016 judgment, Ms Sfar was convicted in July 2016 in the District Court of offences contrary to the Animal Health and Welfare Act 2013 and was also barred from keeping pigs and sheep.

She has both appealed and brought judicial review proceedings over those convictions and his order preventing her taking new proceedings without court permission did not affect those cases, he stressed.

Such a waste of time and public funds when Government Departments have to deal with timewasters like this. Every Dept has at least one lunatic who won't take no for an answer.

Justice has prevailed in Mayo with the release of Stephen Manning on May 29th. Naturally it was a petition of 1000 or so what got him out of Castlerea Minimum Security Prison; the concept of his getting remission had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile the Galway Hub have been writing letters to judges and getting nowhere for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

Justice has prevailed in Mayo with the release of Stephen Manning on May 29th. Naturally it was a petition of 1000 or so what got him out of Castlerea Minimum Security Prison; the concept of his getting remission had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile the Galway Hub have been writing letters to judges and getting nowhere for some reason.

Mannings book on legal proceedings for the layman clearly didn't cover habeas corpus very well...

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/0799ec77fda0769d80258137004e524f?OpenDocument

Mannings book on legal proceedings for the layman clearly didn't cover habeas corpus very well...

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/0799ec77fda0769d80258137004e524f?OpenDocument

It was super Ben as far as I'm aware put this motion through .. mind you he didn't mention it himself afterwards!

whippet wrote: »
    It was super Ben as far as I'm aware put this motion through .. mind you he didn't mention it himself afterwards!

No superbens application was earlier in the month this was all Mannings own work, one of 4 or 5 applications made by or on his behalf ... Ben tends to put his own name in as applicant for reasons one can imagine

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's a programme on Channel 4 this evening at 10 called "Battling the Bailiffs" featuring a chap called Chrisy/Chrissy Morris from the UK. Not to be confuse with anyone else, this lad has his own megathread over on Quatloos and recently walked out of his own trial for obstruction.

Robbo wrote: »
    There's a programme on Channel 4 this evening at 10 called "Battling the Bailiffs" featuring a chap called Chrisy/Chrissy Morris from the UK. Not to be confuse with anyone else, this lad has his own megathread over on Quatloos and recently walked out of his own trial for obstruction.

its all too familiar.

Headed up by a showman, strange easily lead loud mouth as a sidekick and a eager following of minions from social media.

I did notice the signs up on the properties about the 'implied right of access' .. the same notices that Mr Gilroy and all the rest have put up. Looks like it does shag all good.

The captain of the ship was an interesting fool alright.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    its all too familiar.

Headed up by a showman, strange easily lead loud mouth as a sidekick and a eager following of minions from social media.

I did notice the signs up on the properties about the 'implied right of access' .. the same notices that Mr Gilroy and all the rest have put up. Looks like it does shag all good.

The captain of the ship was an interesting fool alright.
    I see from further digging that the teacher whose house he was defending has now engaged in a number of "unusual conveyances" in an attempt to defeat the claim.

In other news, if there's one thing the Brexit negotiations need to really get things going, it's the input of King Billy McGuire, hereditary ruler of the *real* Irish State. Needless to say, Michel Barnier has sent the standard "We thank you for your letter" response so Brussels must be shaking in their boots.

Tony Rochford has been fierce quiet as of late.

Till this evening, that is, when he got the M50 closed for a time.

Apologies for the manky link, I'm in work and confined to the phone for now.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1611117255566768&id=100000055286926

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Tony Rochford has been fierce quiet as of late.

Till this evening, that is, when he got the M50 closed for a time.

Apologies for the manky link, I'm in work and confined to the phone for now.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1611117255566768&id=100000055286926

Free tolls (for a while anyway) as I can't see them fixing his mess too quickly, not only did he cut all the wires but he seems to have smashed the cameras (or whatever those box's are) too, wonder do they keep an entire line of spares - doubt it?

He really should know this, having fallen in exactly the same manner in previous habeas corpus applications.

It's worth noting that a common Freeman idea of threatening the judge/registrar with personal proceedings was ventilated.
    Ms. Corbett, following the delivery of the foregoing judgment, asked me whether I was prepared to accept liability or financial responsibility for economic loss to the family concerned as a result of the detention. Unfortunately it is clearly contemptuous to ask a question of that nature to any judge insofar as it implicitly embodies a prospect that an attempt to impose such spurious liability on a judge could be made. More generally, the theory that applicants are generally entitled to expressly or impliedly threaten to, or attempt to, impose a bogus requirement of personal liability on public servants or office-holders for simply doing their jobs is wholly unacceptable (see Z.K. v. Reception and Integration Agency [2016] IEHC 20 at para. 9).

The full judgment has been published.

A "Mr Looney" was advising and was allowed address the Court. Interesting to note that the Court of Appeal is well aware that these lads are charging for their rotten advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Watching Youtube, and the Freeman thing happens in the US as well, but they just don't care for them over there :D

Cop; get outta the car
    Freeman; no
    Cop; get outa the car
    Freeman; no
    /window disappears & man gets forceably removed
    :pac:

Could only watch so long :mad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqkH94FZQw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id love to see Joe pulling this stunt with police in the US:

https://www.facebook.com/anne.edwards.188/videos/1670345389672901/

Felt sorry for that Guard falling down at the end, listen to the idiots in the comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

And no contract neither :D

Advertisement