Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

So help me good I would love to hear Joe squeal like the guy at 2.30

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Looks like the undefeated Hub are acknowledging another "alternative victory".

The problem isn't with them or there lack of understanding, it's down to the punters not understanding the devastating awesomeness of the knowledge thrust upon them.

And what knowledge it is. Their leader is still going all "no contract, no consent" to his mortgage. The Hub Ireland, as they always remind us, aren't Freemen. I don't know how the confusion could ever arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

This really should be their anthem. Every result goes their way, even when it doesn't

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

From an article in todays Indo, one man discussing problems with the recovery of debt.
    "The biggest problem in Qatar at the moment is payments, and keeping oneself funded. There's plenty of work, but getting payments in is a big, big issue."

Referring to the steps he and JMCI had taken to address the matter, he added: "We've got more aggressive in requesting payments, and I've just had a series of meetings over the last couple of days, chasing up old money. This week, we actually got money in that we've been chasing over the last three months that was outstanding for two years."

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/land-league-chief-leads-hot-pursuit-of-debts-in-qatar-35883841.html

Sorry mods, not much to add to the article other than suggest poacher has turned gamekeeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

It seems that Mr Gilroy since departing the political scene is now getting in to the cosmetics industry ... in the multi level marketing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

whippet wrote: »
    It seems that Mr Gilroy since departing the political scene is now getting in to the cosmetics industry ... in the multi level marketing area.

Ironic really, after years of being accused of being a snake oil salesman he has now actually moved into selling snake oil.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211570197602839&set=a.1257492649733.2037574.1602139917&type=3&theater

20,000 Ugandan's can't be wrong

New Vision reported that Forever Living had over 20,000 distributors in Uganda, of which only 83 had reached a managerial level and begun to recoup expenses; their investigation concluded that Forever Living Products' "distribution system does not guarantee profits and majority of members drop out along the way, after losing millions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Living_Products#cite_note-kagolo-11

http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1314396/network-marketing-sucking-billions-ugandans

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Graham wrote: »
    From an article in todays Indo, one man discussing problems with the recovery of debt.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/land-league-chief-leads-hot-pursuit-of-debts-in-qatar-35883841.html

Sorry mods, not much to add to the article other than suggest poacher has turned gamekeeper.
    Per the latest Phoenix, Beades is involved in a planning dispute with the new Attorney General relating to some works on Jerry's property empire that bordered onto the AG's gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

They never give up.
    http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/3341c80e15264e2180258156004fe548?OpenDocument

"this case considers the plaintiffs’ meaningless claims against a bank (e.g. that the bank ‘created currency’ and that 97% of money is in the minds of bankers, that the plaintiffs have unknowingly taken part in the creation of currency and that they have been tricked into creating their own finance"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    They never give up.

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/a659ce9e52b6ffb4802581560052d3a5?OpenDocument

"this case considers the plaintiffs’ meaningless claims against a bank (e.g. that the bank ‘created currency’ and that 97% of money is in the minds of bankers, that the plaintiffs have unknowingly taken part in the creation of currency and that they have been tricked into creating their own finance"

I think this is the correct link
    http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/3341c80e15264e2180258156004fe548?OpenDocument

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

jd wrote: »

I mixed the link up as I had a few cases open

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    They never give up.

As is so often the case with these litigants, they're not exactly shining examples of the "little guy standing up for his rights". A gaff in Castleknock and 5 other investment properties.

The comments of the Twomey J about lay litigants tying up court resources and the bull**** tactics employed are quite telling. This other recent judgment from Noonan J echoes the sentiment that judges are not willing to indulge this kind of nonsense for much longer.

You can literally read through these judgments and see the Facebook posts of The Hub looking right back at you. In Kavanagh, there's the "my home isn't my home" argument vented at paragraph 17 which is a staple of Hub bull****. Basically, if you claim that the property you mortgaged isn't where your dear Aunt Mary sends you a belated birthday card, they can't repossess it...or something.

Noonan was once the Hub's favourite judge, now they're accusing him of all sorts and salty about the result. For a group who claim their brand of pseudo-legal claptrap isn't Freeman woo, they did encourage the following:
    The language of this affidavit, in which Mr. Kavanagh describes himself as a man living and not dead, is redolent of groups of the kind previously referred to.
    Another case lost, another possession order remains and another set of monster High Court costs. The Pied Piper strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

So, one of the leaders of the Hub's operation in Carlow (think they are the only leader/member) is off to study law.Wonder if this is part of their operation to destroy the court system. Maybe she will give her overlords some proper advise for a change.

Ben has been fairly active on Facebook recently .. he seems to be making a correlation between some actions by the guards and his daughter's unfortunate ill health ... apparently according to Mr Gilroy sudden shocks may cause cancer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ASIdGY0v_s

This video by Integrity Ireland is of interest to anyone who suspects the Gardai and legal professions in Ireland might be corrupt. My own view is that corruption is endemic in many facets of Irish life. Even Integrity Ireland may be partial in that they only seem to raise the issue of corruption when a decision in court goes against them and this attitude is not conducive to impartiality.

Anyway the part of the video I want to zone in on is 15:30 where it says that the Irish branch of Transparency International is funded by the Irish Dept of Justice. This being the case, Transparency International in Ireland may be somewhat beholden to their paymasters and are therefore potentially partial in their rating of Ireland on the International stage. Furthermore, it is probably that poor countries would be unable to pay their branch of Transparency International very much (if anything) by comparison to Ireland. Could this be why Ireland is consistently rated as being a country of low corruption and more to the point could it be the reason poor African countries are frequently rated as highly corrupt?

Is Transparency International just another ratings agency being paid by the very entities they rate? If so, are they really partial or transparent for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Corruption in Ireland is very different to corruption in the likes of many African countries.

In Ireland, it is profoundly rare to be asked for, or offered, a bribe. You can't slip the A&E nurse a few hundred to be seen quicker. You won't get far with slipping a €50 when caught speeding. You don't pay a lawyer €20,000 so they cangrease an adoption.

Admittedly, there is a problem with (a) corruption / malfeasance / misfeasance at a high level and (b) inconsistent prosecution of laws. This has modest direct impact on the general population. There are, admittedly, many indirect impacts.

Admission: I have been known to have given a box of chocolates or bottle of water as a thank you, but never before hand. I have occasionally had coffee / one drink / a meal with contractors, clients and/or their consultants, but this was on a like for like basis. I have occasionally received a 'bottle' from a contractor, but I don't drink. I once received two bottles from someone, but they were an unrelated party, where I found a material error in their work for a state agency. I have made donations to voluntary / campaigning groups (but not politicians or political parties), from which I have occasionally received bona fide out of pocket expenses, but not pay (for which I have forfeited tends of thousands).

Corruption is on the rise in western countries. It is declining in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Posts re Integrity Ireland and corruption moved to Freeman thread

This video by Integrity Ireland is of interest to anyone who suspects the Gardai and legal professions in Ireland might be corrupt. My own view is that corruption is endemic in many facets of Irish life. Even Integrity Ireland may be partial in that they only seem to raise the issue of corruption when a decision in court goes against them and this attitude is not conducive to impartiality.

Anyway the part of the video I want to zone in on is 15:30 where it says that the Irish branch of Transparency International is funded by the Irish Dept of Justice. This being the case, Transparency International in Ireland may be somewhat beholden to their paymasters and are therefore potentially partial in their rating of Ireland on the International stage. Furthermore, it is probably that poor countries would be unable to pay their branch of Transparency International very much (if anything) by comparison to Ireland. Could this be why Ireland is consistently rated as being a country of low corruption and more to the point could it be the reason poor African countries are frequently rated as highly corrupt?

Is Transparency International just another ratings agency being paid by the very entities they rate? If so, are they really partial or transparent for that matter?

Not the DOJ, its the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform according to their accounts (pdf link) pg 11/12. Not like Mr Manning to exaggerate a key detail for effect purposes. Sorry I mean Dr Manning.

In addition to DPER theres also income from various European Commission funds which some would doubtless say looks bad also.
    But I'm not sure how else they could be funded - private donations are as likely to look dodgy, commercial money would make us wonder why CompuGlobal Megacorp are funding them, charity by the general public is unreliable. Seems that government money is probably the best way really, and then hope that the people using it are honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This guy gets more and more paranoid. I'd pay more heed to the tooth fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Is the tooth fairy for or against flouride in the water?

I know but entertaining nonetheless. He does raise some interesting points, some of which ring true. Where I disagree with Integrity Ireland is the fact that they always seem to shout "corruption" when a defaulter gets evicted for example. How is that corrupt? A guy can`t pay his debt obligations, of course he should be evicted. In fact a lot of these defaulters have not paid a cent on their mortgages in years while the Irish taxpayer is expected to pay over a hundred billion bailing out banks which failed because of these people failing to pay their debts.

In other words the defaulters get a place to live for free for years on end and I am expected to help shoulder 100,000,000,000.00 Euro of their debt.

Integrity works both ways and Integrity Ireland seem to be concerned only with state corruption which is fair enough but it is not impartial. Defaulters should be evicted and become renters so that renters can buy the houses of the evicted. It makes sense that the person at fault should suffer more than the person who is blameless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'd pay to watch him clean stuff off the side of the road. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/direct-democracy-ireland-founder-ordered-to-do-community-service-799400.html

A High Court judge has imposed a community service order for admitted criminal contempt of court on Ben Gilroy, a founder of Direct Deomocracy Ireland, reports Ann O’Loughlin.
    The contempt related to Mr Gilroy having, in a sworn statement in proceedings by Allied Irish Banks seeking to enforce a €3.2m judgment against another man, accused the court of "criminal intimidation and threats" and comparing the action of a court to that of a thief putting a gun to his head and robbing him of his wallet.

Mr Justice Brian McGovern said, because Mr Gilroy admitted criminal contempt and had apologised and consented to a community service order, the court considered such an order, subject to a suitable report from a probation officer, the appropriate punishment instead of three months imprisonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Conspectus wrote: »
    I'd pay to watch him clean stuff off the side of the road. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/direct-democracy-ireland-founder-ordered-to-do-community-service-799400.html

A High Court judge has imposed a community service order for admitted criminal contempt of court on Ben Gilroy, a founder of Direct Deomocracy Ireland, reports Ann O’Loughlin.
    The contempt related to Mr Gilroy having, in a sworn statement in proceedings by Allied Irish Banks seeking to enforce a €3.2m judgment against another man, accused the court of "criminal intimidation and threats" and comparing the action of a court to that of a thief putting a gun to his head and robbing him of his wallet.

Mr Justice Brian McGovern said, because Mr Gilroy admitted criminal contempt and had apologised and consented to a community service order, the court considered such an order, subject to a suitable report from a probation officer, the appropriate punishment instead of three months imprisonment.

Wonder how that will be spun into a victory?

"Only lost because they are all freemasons"
    "Its amazing they don't report on his many David v Goliath victories like the one on previous day".
    "No such thing as bad publicity".
    "He's been serving the community for years".
    "He could have won the case but it would have come at too much personal cost".
    "The 2015 Constitution of The Sovereign Magistral Order of The Temple of Solomon".

I'm not sure what the last one is about to be honest, but someone seems to think its explains his defeat.

Good to see that he recovered his Facebook page from hackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Aye, bail rescinded and now on remand in Cloverhill pre trial. But probably best not to talk about it as that (talking about it on the internet) has been stated as a reason the bail was rescinded.

• Advertisement

He's more interested in spinning the story as to how it got in to the media as he didn't see any press in the court room .... clutching at straws ( or straw men)

Advertisement