Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Start Mortgages have Ben of the Ancient Clan Giolla Rua in the Circuit Court.

The initial repayments of €2,800 imply an interest rate of 8-10%. In 2006. This was a time where people in part time work were being given similar loans by pillar banks at rates in the region of 4-6%.

He's a busy man this month, being named in proceedings relating to the Balbriggan protest and, one would imagine, preparing the now overdue annual return for his The Morrigan Private Settlement Trust Operations Ltd operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Robbo wrote: »

The initial repayments of €2,800 imply an interest rate of 8-10%. In 2006. This was a time where people in part time work were being given similar loans by pillar banks at rates in the region of 4-6%.

He's a busy man this month, being named in proceedings relating to the Balbriggan protest and, one would imagine, preparing the now overdue annual return for his The Morrigan Private Settlement Trust Operations Ltd operation.

Any evidence of when payments to Start by the Gilroys ceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭blackwhite

There's some strong Ben logic in his arguments.

.......They sold the mortgage - I got a letter informing me of the sale - but I can't produce any evidence of the letter or of the sale - but it definitely happened......
    .......There is clearly fraud being committed because I disagree with their calculation of arrears......

I pity those involved who are going to be subjected to having to read the inevitable thesis that will be submitted in lieu of an affidavit following this hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

blackwhite wrote: »
    I pity those involved who are going to be subjected to having to read the inevitable thesis that will be submitted in lieu of an affidavit following this hearing.

I pity their old arsehole, as vintage Ben invariably rips a new one for them at these hearings and the old one might get jealous of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

In a rather worrying development it seem that the Hubbites are now allowing their Facebook page to be used to threaten judges:

http://www.thejournal.ie/judge-protection-3905737-Mar2018/

Hopefully won't take too long to track down and deal with the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

mrs vimes wrote: »
    In a rather worrying development it seem that the Hubbites are now allowing their Facebook page to be used to threaten judges:

http://www.thejournal.ie/judge-protection-3905737-Mar2018/

Hopefully won't take too long to track down and deal with the poster.

I love this reply to the Facebook post (which is still up):-
    I think the statement needs clarification.. ie grenade = letter not an actual grenade.. this article in the journal needs attention of the The Hub - Ireland

Grenade = Letter :confused:

The poster must have received their dictionary from the Freeman Press who supply the Hubs legal texts.

In other news:-

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1744004845662845&id=120612321335447
    Ben Gilroy wrote:
    ...I want to commend Judge Baker...

I'm in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Another Raffle snafu for the Hubbers

Couldn't shift the tickets obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

GM228 wrote: »

I'm amazed that he admits that he lost the case.

On that facebook page, he also has put up his affidavit which I found difficult to read but he seems to say that the Sheriff does not have any powers as he is not mentioned in the Constitution and also that he has not taken up his oath of office.

Basically, it seems that he is saying that no government office has any powers if they are not mentioned in the Constitution.

Also, he is definitely not a freeman. The intro of his affidavit says:

"I, Ben Gilroy, a family man and one of the people of éire..."

On that facebook page, he also has put up his affidavit which I found difficult to read but he seems to say that the Sheriff does not have any powers as he is not mentioned in the Constitution and also that he has not taken up his oath of office.

Basically, it seems that he is saying that no government office has any powers if they are not mentioned in the Constitution.

Also, he is definitely not a freeman. The intro of his affidavit says:

"I, Ben Gilroy, a family man and one of the people of éire..."

He says a lot of rubbish, someone point him in the direction of the Enforcement of Court Orders Act 1926 and the The Court Officers Act 1946 to answer his question on where the Sheriff gets their powers.

But whilst at it please don't tell him that the Gardaí actually belong to an independent common law office as opposed to a Constitutional office or there will be more court cases.

All Article 61 of the Constitution provides for is that any police force of Saorstát Éireann in existence immediately before the Constitution shall become the police force of the state, the Constitution does not recognise the oath they take nor does it grant their powers, statute and common law provides their powers just like it does for the Sheriff.

• Advertisement

Ah but it wasn't really Ben who lost it, sure he says at the end that he "wasn't really representing the family :rolleyes: It was probably the system. And TD's. And Gards and Oaths and Sheriff, whoever he is. And the coke sniffing banks. But not Judge Baker. Sure she agreed with him :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm always amused when the groups claim to act respectfully and then get up to this kind of behaviour. Or when they threaten individual counter staff in the Central Office, PRAI and elsewhere with being personally sued if they don't take in their defective paperwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    It's not a high bar to get papers over the counter of the Central Office but these guys seem to run into trouble all the time.

And the coke sniffing banks.

Ah no that was just the TDs according to Ben, now imagine a group of TDs feeling defamed by his statements, if only....

It's not a high bar to get papers over the counter of the Central Office but these guys seem to run into trouble all the time.

Hardly surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Not Freeman, but lets pretend its a Legal Humour thread.

Romanian court tells man he is not alive.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/16/romanian-court-tells-man-he-is-not-alive

Not Freeman, but lets pretend its a Legal Humour thread.

Romanian court tells man he is not alive.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/16/romanian-court-tells-man-he-is-not-alive

Also happened in 2013 in Ohio to Donald Miller, despite being alive and well he is still legally dead today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GM228 wrote: »
    Also happened in 2013 in Ohio to Donald Miller, despite being alive and well he is still legally dead today.

perhaps he is just pining for the fjords?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Meanwhile in a country parish near you.... Not strictly freeman per se, but the use of the harp is familiar.

446056.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

TJJP wrote: »
    Meanwhile in a country parish near you.... Not strictly freeman per se, but the use of the harp is familiar.

Wow, the google search on Father Guarnizo is interesting - even his local Archbishop seemed to baulk at his tactic of refusing to continue a funeral when it was bought to his attention that the dead womans daughter was in a lesbian relationship.
    Nice of him to preach to us about democracy anyway - with free entry someone should pop along and ask him to name the only non-democracy in Europe.

How many Legal Aid solicitors have apparently refused to take on Stephen Manning's appeal for generally being a bowsie? Clue; it's a number between 119 and 121.

Of course Ben, the Robin Hood of the legal scene, would have taken on the case himself but he was tied up in a High Court trying to appeal a repossession order that he won't can't pay for in the first place. Which is quite apt given the track record of his ilk. An appeal to a higher court is imminent; a loan of a cap and two books of raffle tickets is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Lord Byron's sinuses are at him (the wife's too).

It's the nasty chemtrails you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

and he would wonder why he isn't taken seriously by the majority when starts posting nonsense like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

Anyone know how Ben Gilroy got on last Thursdays. He was all over Facebook before the case saying how he was knocking it out of the park and getting great praise from the judge..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    Anyone know how Ben Gilroy got on last Thursdays. He was all over Facebook before the case saying how he was knocking it out of the park and getting great praise from the judge..

there is very little online about it (I think Ben has a facebook ban at the moment) .. but it seems he was sent packing .. but still is a victory in their eyes and probably a supreme court in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Ben’s appearing regularly now on Tiger Reborn Facebook page. No idea who they are, or even if it is a they....

https://m.facebook.com/tigerrebornireland/?tsid=0.862173114157435&source=result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

whippet wrote: »
    there is very little online about it (I think Ben has a facebook ban at the moment) .. but it seems he was sent packing .. but still is a victory in their eyes and probably a supreme court in the making

Most definitely sent packing from a look at the orders on the high Court search...

Court of Appeal (Interim) REFUSE MOTION FOR A STAY WITH COSTS

Doesn't say a lot for his appeal grounds if he can't even get a stay... think his race is run on this one!

Most definitely sent packing from a look at the orders on the high Court search...

Court of Appeal (Interim) REFUSE MOTION FOR A STAY WITH COSTS

Doesn't say a lot for his appeal grounds if he can't even get a stay... think his race is run on this one!

The case last week was about an injunction to prevent Ben and the former owners from interfering with the receiver taking the property back. Ben either seems to be of the opinion that he was trying to overturn or judicially review this order when in actual fact they finally were told to leave or else he was trying to string them along yet again.

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0/4A1B3F331670D69C802580C7005A0807

• Advertisement

Some interesting reading in this. Thankfully a Hub fan quickly joins in on the debate to set the record unstraight :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/mortgage-banks-legal-action-3939390-Apr2018/

Advertisement