Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

GM228 wrote: »
    Holy Mary wrote: »
    Anybody any idea of the Supreme Court case averred to in the article?

Wouldn't mind a browse.

https://www.ihrec.ie/app/uploads/2018/04/Tracey-Amicus.pdf

No judgement yet to read.

I wonder is this the same Kevin Tracey (aka the "Serial Litigant") we have known in the past, although he usually took cases in Dublin courts from what I remember and Judge McCarthy is a Fermoy judge I believe so it may not be.
    That is the same case its ongoing for years. However it is a criminal contempt case

Ben is on the case now. Another person jailed. Ben saying his normal nonsense like " nobody can be jailed under positive law"  I got a laugh saying that  criminal legislation is positive law and he said it comes from the common law I got a bigger laugh telling him that common law derived from judgment is positive law as well
    "positive law
    noun
    statutes which have been laid down by a legislature, court, or other human institution and can take whatever form the authors want." 
    He did not seem to have the most basic understanding of what common law is or what positive law is. He does talk a big game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

One has got to wonder what agenda these guys have.

Sketchy details and emotive click bait as per.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

That's easy. Beades has lost his marbles again :)

One has got to wonder what agenda these guys have.

Sketchy details and emotive click bait as per.
    Well ben is in mortgage arrears for years and close to losing his house. He no job but drives all around the country "helping people" He said he is putting the smiths up rent free in a house until there case is won. So I guess he mush be getting a old of good will/ donations to keep him going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

At least 2 suspended sentences but he's always groveled and recanted to avoid a trip to the Joy. I'm unsure as to how the community service ever went.

I suppose it's like all of these guys, they're true believers when it's someone else with their arse is on the line but less so when it's theirs.

Does it suit the authorities to turn a blind eye? Seems there is no regulation whatsoever.

Time will tell how their own cases progress.

Will be interesting to observe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Robbo wrote: »
    At least 2 suspended sentences but he's always groveled and recanted to avoid a trip to the Joy. I'm unsure as to how the community service ever went.

I suppose it's like all of these guys, they're true believers when it's someone else with their arse is on the line but less so when it's theirs.

Know he fought them, his success is a grey area.

know another guy who keeps quiet hasn't paid a cent off his mortgage in 5 years. not one. He's still fighting them mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Know he fought them, his success is a grey area.

know another guy who keeps quiet hasn't paid a cent off his mortgage in 5 years. not one. He's still fighting them mind.

I can't understand why it has to drag out so long. Why not have the court case in a year or so of non payment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

YFlyer wrote: »
    I can't understand why it has to drag out so long. Why not have the court case in a year or so of non payment?

Too efficient, also that would mean people who don't pay might actually suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Brendan Burgess. Enough said.

Him of ‘fill your boots’ with bank shares fame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

He's not wrong though on this occasion. Strategic default is a totally rational play in the Irish market.

Is he lying or telling the truth?

I daresay history will tell the tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Owryan wrote: »
    Too efficient, also that would mean people who don't pay might actually suffer.

You're right. The system is far from efficient.

Dragging it out encourages others to do the same.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster because the hottest tour of the summer is about to kick off. Ben Gilroy's planning on touring the nation in order to tell you how much he knows about Constitutional property rights.

I'd love to know how he'll be spinning events in Balbriggan into a victory and a vindication of his own lack of knowledge.

• Advertisement

Tickets will be free no doubt as these people all live on free air and don’t need to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Ben Gilroy's planning on touring the nation in order to tell you how much he knows about Constitutional property rights.

Is this the community service sentence mentioned earlier?

Unusual :pac:

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster because the hottest tour of the summer is about to kick off. Ben Gilroy's planning on touring the nation in order to tell you how much he knows about Constitutional property rights.

I'd love to know how he'll be spinning events in Balbriggan into a victory and a vindication of his own lack of knowledge.
    He will do what he always does. Claim the evictions are illegal and The judges are committing fraud. And the desperate will follow.

I wonder when we will hear the first ‘reports’ from this thread’s community of eye witness accounts of ballot box tampering and corruption ... it is strange that almost all of them are on the pro-life side.

In other news .. apparently there has been load of chemtrails down around the lord’s manor and reports of higher than usual case of sniffles ... nothing to do with hay fever of course.

Mr Gilroys reaction to the overwhelming will of the Irish people seems to fly in the face of his years of campaigning for Direct Democracy and the need for a referendum for everything ... he even made a comment about how 51% of people can force their will on the 49% ... really just shows what a charlatan he really is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

whippet wrote: »
    Mr Gilroys reaction to the overwhelming will of the Irish people seems to fly in the face of his years of campaigning for Direct Democracy and the need for a referendum for everything ... he even made a comment about how 51% of people can force their will on the 49% ... really just shows what a charlatan he really is

Always worth remembering that one of DDIs core ideas about democracy as put in the constitution by Gilroy/Whitehead/Darcy etc was that in 'social referendums' that "DDI propose the introduction of a voting majority which requires a percentage, for example 67% to 33%, for a referendum to be passed."
    On this page.
    Basically just an attempt to stop any social change in Ireland and keep their dream of an ultra Catholic country going.

Him and his ilk were never about democracy.

Deflections. deflections. None of you are getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hurry up; I had to get my ticket on Seatwave.

• Advertisement

Hypothetical situation.

If the end was nigh, and a certain few ''gurus'' were poised to admit defeat in the''corrupt''Courts of Eire,

whilst silently preparing to pay off, in full, their own ''alleged'' mortgage arrears....

How would they explain such actions to their loyal supporters ?

Or indeed to the revenue Commissioners?

Or would it matter?

Advertisement