Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Recognisance was fixed.
    What does this mean in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Anthracite wrote: »
    What does this mean in English?

I believe that it refers to the terms under which an appeal may be made.
    When asked a number of times if she could identify Ms Lydon to the court, the woman said she was ‘B of the Lydon clan’"

She sure is a "B".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Here's a new one.

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/32628-woman-prosecuted-for-not-filling-out-census-form

"a woman in the body of the court responded saying she was acting as agent for Bernadette Lydon. When asked a number of times if she could identify Ms Lydon to the court, the woman said she was ‘B of the Lydon clan’"

"A blank census form was then received at Census HQ in Castlebar with a sticker reading: ‘No contract – Return to sender. I do not recognise you. I do not understand your intent. It is not my will or wish to contract. I do not have international treaty with you. No assured value no liability. Return to sender"

I doubt there is much chance of that being paid.

Assuming that she doesn't pay the fine, what are the consequences?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Here's a new one.

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/32628-woman-prosecuted-for-not-filling-out-census-form

"a woman in the body of the court responded saying she was acting as agent for Bernadette Lydon. When asked a number of times if she could identify Ms Lydon to the court, the woman said she was ‘B of the Lydon clan’"

"A blank census form was then received at Census HQ in Castlebar with a sticker reading: ‘No contract – Return to sender. I do not recognise you. I do not understand your intent. It is not my will or wish to contract. I do not have international treaty with you. No assured value no liability. Return to sender"

Mayo, eh? Idiocy , eh. She probably took her advice from this FB page, which also appears to be aligned with Joe Doocey and a whole load of freeman groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

ezra_ wrote: »
    I doubt there is much chance of that being paid.

Assuming that she doesn't pay the fine, what are the consequences?
    A short spell in prison.

• Advertisement

Mayo, eh? Idiocy , eh. She probably took her advice from this FB page, which also appears to be aligned with Joe Doocey and a whole load of freeman groups

Lads who don't trust the census decide that the best forum to espouse those views... is Facebook.

Just let that one sink in for a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

According to that faceplam page Denis O’Brien owns Vodafone and someone has been leaking data to him personally from the censuses so he can get the 90% population coverage and this data laid the ground for him being able to get the water meter contracts !!! ... people actually believe this nonsense !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus, what did I just read? That Facebook page is a window into madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

on the plus side that toerag doocey is in the slammer till 2020 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

whippet wrote: »
    According to that faceplam page Denis O’Brien owns Vodafone and someone has been leaking data to him personally from the censuses so he can get the 90% population coverage and this data laid the ground for him being able to get the water meter contracts !!! ... people actually believe this nonsense !

This actually gave me a good chuckle, thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

A certain Freeman is effectively barred from helping LIPs in the future.

Rumours of an Issac Wunder Order too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Holy Mary wrote: »
    A certain Freeman is effectively barred from helping LIPs in the future.

Rumours of an Issac Wunder Order too.
    I presume this is the judgment?

A lot to unpack here. 37 pages of a judgment. I'd say this is the end of Ben's business model but in truth he'd use the added notoriety as publicity material.

Robbo wrote: »
    A lot to unpack here. 37 pages of a judgment.

All part of the conspiracy?

this is a doosy from Gilroy's affidavit
    All the said threats which are contra legem have come from persons whom (sic) are members of (sic) semi-secretive society normally wearing wigs or black cloaks and normally believing they have some superior position above all others not part of their society. The greatest trick they use to cloak and hide their criminality is they refer to their society as ‘a law society’ to give it the appearance of respectability. However, they do not allow any audio or video recordings at the meetings or hearings when the said criminal threats are being made. At such a meeting or hearing I was threatened recently and when I suggested that these members had no jurisdiction over me, the said superiority complex kicked in, from what appears to be one of their leaders because he sat above everybody and without reason, explanation or any proof just proffered that he ‘was satisfied he had jurisdiction over me’ (sic) imagine if we all suffered from this superiority complex and then threatened everyone else…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that is absolute gold.

Good God!

And nothing about his own family home predicament to boot.

At least he still has one.

Unlike some of the poor bewildered, whom according to the Judgement, have followed his ''advice''

this is another interesting nugget
    104. I am also satisfied that Mr. Gilroy was being dishonest when he indicated that he was without income when completing a statement of means for the purposes of obtaining legal aid to defend the criminal contempt proceedings before McGovern J. That statement conflicted with information which he gave to the Probation Service, to whom he indicated was in full time employment. It is of significance that Mr. Gilroy has not denied in his replying affidavit that he is in receipt of income.

Oh Dear.

154. I have also come to the view that Mr. Gilroy is probably in receipt of remuneration or benefit in respect of his activities as a McKenzie Friend, or more properly described in this case as a “litigation agent”, and in respect of his activities as a trustee, and as one of those controlling the activities and operations of The Morrigan Private Settlement Trust Ltd. Mr. Gilroy has admitted that in setting up the trust, of which he is a trustee, there was an initial payment in of €100.00. That was to set up the trust, before the transfer in of other assets. He informed the court that the trust is operated by The Morrigan Private Settlement Trust Operations Ltd. When asked by McGovern J. how much was paid to that company he responded:-

“Nothing like €20,000.00, judge. It was around €4,000.00 or €5,000.00 we think. But again judge that is not held.” (See Transcript of the hearing before McGovern J. on 13 November, 2017, at p. 139).
    The evidence of Mr. Butler is that transfers into the trust were carried out by Mr. Gilroy and Mr. McGuinness in relation to Mr. McQuaid which involved extensive properties “worth over €2 million” in three jurisdictions. Mr. Gilroy has also given conflicting accounts in his Statement of Means (for the purposes of obtaining legal aid) and in his statement to the Probation Service, to whom he indicated he was in full time employment, which prompted McGovern J. to direct that papers be referred to the Revenue Commissioners and the DPP for further investigation.
    155. Mr. Butler at para. 90 of his principal grounding affidavit states “it is not credible that Mr. Gilroy is doing this for no remuneration or benefit whilst supposedly receiving no income from any other employment”. Mr. Gilroy did not avail of the opportunity to deny that averment.

156. For all of these reasons I consider it probable that Mr. Gilroy has, directly or indirectly, received payment, financial or in kind, in respect of his advice and services as a McKenzie Friend, or “litigation agent”, and/or in respect of his activities as a trustee. Mr. Gilroy’s denials of this on his feet are unconvincing. While I make this finding on the balance of probabilities, it is not a finding or even a suspicion upon which I need to place any reliance to come to the conclusion that Mr. Gilroy is not a suitable person to act as a McKenzie Friend.

The report gives a great insight in to how he has been performing in court Over that last few years and what his legal tactics are .. especially since the only reports we have really gotten before are from his followers and himself telling us how he ripped new arseholes and made a show of everyone else.

It’s a damming indictment of his legal knowledge and true manner .. how he persists with nonsense and how there is no consistency in his own story.

Hopefully this starts the end to his legal ‘career’ and people who have put trust in his methods can move on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

whippet wrote: »
    The report gives a great insight in to how he has been performing in court Over that last few years and what his legal tactics are .. especially since the only reports we have really gotten before are from his followers and himself telling us how he ripped new arseholes and made a show of everyone else.

It’s a damming indictment of his legal knowledge and true manner .. how he persists with nonsense and how there is no consistency in his own story.

Hopefully this starts the end to his legal ‘career’ and people who have put trust in his methods can move on

Took the words clean out of my mouth. A damning indictment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Funny how some of these "advisors" are now being caught up with - The Examiner has this story today:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/family-told-they-have-14-days-to-vacate-house-as-repossession-case-referred-to-law-society-873067.html

Wonder if things will happen in threes?

mrs vimes wrote: »
    Funny how some of these "advisors" are now being caught up with - The Examiner has this story today:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/family-told-they-have-14-days-to-vacate-house-as-repossession-case-referred-to-law-society-873067.html

Wonder if things will happen in threes?

Odd it may sound but Charles Allen may be related to Rodolphus of the family Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Hi Losty, that was kinda my point - the people who preyed on borrowers in trouble with their mortgages are finally coming to the attention of the courts.

I suspect most borrowers who put their properties into "trusts" or played Freeman BS in the courts would have been better off paying interest only and hopefully be back on their feet before their banks managed to get a possession order. From what I hear the courts are very tolerant of borrowers who are trying their best.

Interesting to note how it seems money was paid to the so-called solicitor .... following a similar trend with the previously discussed case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

mrs vimes wrote: »
    From what I hear the courts are very tolerant of borrowers who are trying their best.

Almost to a fault in honesty.

Lavin and co. Is the solicitor acting on their behalf the same guy who represented Quinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how is Ben Gilroy not in jail again? https://www.thephoenix.ie/article/ben-gilroys-abhorrent-behaviour/ https://www.mcdowellpurcell.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/AIB-v-McQuaid-Ors-Gilroy-Isaac-Wunder-Judgment-of-Haughton-J_58381.._.pdf
    On the same day, 5 September, 2017, after Mr. Gilroy tried to serve the Gilroy
    Proceedings personally, Mr. Gilroy wrote to Ms. Callanan stating inter alia "you remind
    me of a Jewish Rodef, perhaps you are". Mr. Butler at para, 19 of his grounding
    affidavit avers that this term "means a person who is intent on killing someone and who
    is, therefore, a legitimate target for legal murder or assault." That letter was part of the
    material later considered by McGovern J. in a further charge of criminal contempt
    against Mr. Gilroy heard on 21 February, 2018

That poor employee.

One wonders if he will take civil legal action against such horrendous intimidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Holy Mary wrote: »
    That poor employee.

One wonders if he will take civil legal action against such horrendous intimidation.
    are death threats a civil matter?

• Advertisement

are death threats a civil matter?

Surely not.

Advertisement