Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

whippet wrote: »
    He’s a civil servant .. impossible
    To sack

Is the Master of the High Court employed as a temporary or fixed term officer of the Courts, or appointed akin to a judge or are they employed as an established or permanent Civil Servant?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He’s a civil servant .. impossible
    To sack

An oft-quoted myth

All civil servants used to serve 'at the will and pleasure of the Minister for the Public Service' which, technically, meant they had no employment rights at all

Civil servants can be and are sacked.

In the last few years gradually CS are being placed on a similar basis to other employees, and will eventually have access to the WRC same as private sector employees do in the event of a dispute

This guy is not a civil servant, he's appointed to an office by the government and he's no more secure in his employment afaik than a ministerial advisor is.

Never mind custom and practise though, they should be looking at how he performs his job and vandalises his place of employment, and sacking him for gross misconduct.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

An oft-quoted myth

All civil servants used to serve 'at the will and pleasure of the Minister for the Public Service' which, technically, meant they had no employment rights at all

Civil servants can be and are sacked.

In the last few years gradually CS are being placed on a similar basis to other employees, and will eventually have access to the WRC same as private sector employees do in the event of a dispute

This guy is not a civil servant, he's appointed to an office by the government and he's no more secure in his employment afaik than a ministerial advisor is.

Never mind custom and practise though, they should be looking at how he performs his job and vandalises his place of employment, and sacking him for gross misconduct.

Mod
    A tad strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've always found the Master quite good at his job, albeit slightly biased against the banks. Counsel should not go up there unprepared - you'd be surprised how often one would see people (not just Counsel actually) swan up thinking it'll be a given that they'll get what they ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

I've always found the Master quite good at his job, albeit slightly biased against the banks.

Indeed. What is more than puzzling is his affiliation to certain people in recent times.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

I've always found the Master quite good at his job, albeit slightly biased against the banks.

Well, he's just been rapped on the knuckles again by another High Court judge.

"The Master of the High Court, Edmund Honohan, has been criticised by a judge for giving false hope to defendants by striking out cases when he had no power to do so. Mr Justice Garrett Simons said "it beggars belief" Mr Honohan continued to make orders striking out special summons when it was "well established" this was outside his jurisdiction.

The blistering comments were made in a ruling discharging an order made by Mr Honohan in a case where Permanent TSB was seeking an order for possession of lands in Nenagh, Co Tipperary, from Geoffrey Carr."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/master-of-high-court-honohan-giving-false-hope-by-striking-out-cases-37759916.html

Hysteria from all the usual sources is comical. The man is still in his job. Just a different workload now.

Holy Mary wrote: »

Hysteria from all the usual sources is comical. The man is still in his job. Just a different workload now.

A tad confusing to see (i) a factual post described as "hysterical" and (ii) a first time poster on this thread described as a "usual source". :confused:

A tad confusing to see (i) a factual post described as "hysterical" and (ii) a first time poster on this thread described as a "usual source". :confused:

The statement is not a reference to you.

• Advertisement

The statement is not a reference to you.

In that case, why did you quote me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

In that case, why did you quote me? :confused:

I assume he quotes you as your article you quoted is now being hysterically discussed by the loons of the land and their Eviction stalling friends.

it will be a blow I assume again to their Future "Wins" in Court.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

squabbling amongst ourselves while poor old ben is still banged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

eldamo wrote: »
    squabbling amongst ourselves while poor old ben is still banged up.

I thought that these days, given the overcrowding in prison, you stood a good chance of not being committed for something like contempt.

Are those days over, or would Ben have done something to 'annot' the Guv'nor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

ezra_ wrote: »
    I thought that these days, given the overcrowding in prison, you stood a good chance of not being committed for something like contempt.

Are those days over, or would Ben have done something to 'annot' the Guv'nor?

apparently he has discovered something that can get him released .. but he isn't willing to use it yet incase it doesn't work ? baffling really

apparently he has discovered something that can get him released .. but he isn't willing to use it yet incase it doesn't work ? baffling really

The good old ''game changer''.
    Or maybe he is enjoying the break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

He must be loving the food inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

The longer he is in the longer the gofundme campain stays active.

Just checked .. over €5.5k made so far .. not bad for a weeks work. It’s there to help the family eat for the duration of his incarnation

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Hopefully, he’ll be out in time to prepare for his annual trip to Florida....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Just checked .. over €5.5k made so far .. not bad for a weeks work. It’s there to help the family eat for the duration of his incarnation

Just aswell he is no longer permitted to be a McKenzie Friend or their could be some sort of champerty or maintenance charges against him. (Though I suspect he has previously probably already fallen foul of the common law). Imagine the irony, charged against the trusted common law as opposed to that contractual statute coswallop stuff.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Start Mortgages would have a call on some of it given that he owes them rather a few bob.

Another day, another angry mob occupying a house. This time it wasn’t even where they lived to begin with and it’s alreadh been the subject of a Contempt of Court case.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/new-owner-and-tenants-have-been-forced-out-of-dublin-property-court-told-1.3776450?mode=amp

Another day, another angry mob occupying a house. This time it wasn’t even where they lived to begin with and it’s alreadh been the subject of a Contempt of Court case.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/new-owner-and-tenants-have-been-forced-out-of-dublin-property-court-told-1.3776450?mode=amp

The sense of entitlement is cringe worthy at this stage.
    'It appeared the children are being “used as pawns” and had been exposed to violence and the Child and Family Agency should be made aware of the proceedings, she directed'. Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

The sense of entitlement is cringe worthy at this stage.
    'It appeared the children are being “used as pawns” and had been exposed to violence and the Child and Family Agency should be made aware of the proceedings, she directed'. Shameful.

SNIP already got contempt last year and spent time in jail over this. She'll be sent down for a few months now... unsurprisingly, jerry beades and other anti bank facebook groups were championing her cause then and most likely now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: Folks, just a reminder that even if names have emerged in the past, the latest orders and proceedings here are such that naming the parties would be contempt.

Robbo wrote: »
    Moderation: Folks, just a reminder that even if names have emerged in the past, the latest orders and proceedings here are such that naming the parties would be contempt.

Apologies but the case is listed on courts.ie under Record Number redacted . Given that this corroborates the Irish Times report fully I figured It was ok

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Apologies but the case is listed on courts.ie under Record Number redacted . Given that this corroborates the Irish Times report fully I figured It was ok
    Given that this is bundled up with family law proceedings, I think the safer path is to leave names out of this.

I appreciate this can be frustrating when the cat has, at various times in the past, been out of the bag and that anyone with a bit of cop on can easily derive the names but let's not all follow so many "stars" of this thread into Mountjoy for contempt.

Robbo wrote: »
    Given that this is bundled up with family law proceedings, I think the safer path is to leave names out of this.

I appreciate this can be frustrating when the cat has, at various times in the past, been out of the bag and that anyone with a bit of cop on can easily derive the names but let's not all follow so many "stars" of this thread into Mountjoy for contempt.

Thats fair enough. It's likely if I did get done for contempt, I'd end up in a cell with Ben. Certainly that would be cruel and unusual punishment I would very much like to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Thats fair enough. It's likely if I did get done for contempt, I'd end up in a cell with Ben. Certainly that would be cruel and unusual punishment I would very much like to avoid

I heard he has this way to get out of a contempt charge...

• Advertisement

ezra_ wrote: »
    I heard he has this way to get out of a contempt charge...

But doesn't want to use it in case it fails apparently....so he doesn't actually have a way? Or is it just that the corrupt judiciary won't allow another one of Bens "magic bean" methods to work.

It's very simple. The legal fiction that is ben gilroy should be in prison while the flesh and blood man should be free to live his life unmolested. Once this comes out, mountjoy will have to release all the prisoners as long as they leave their birth certs in the cells. Or something.

Advertisement