Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

ezra_ wrote: »
    I really feel for the solicitors and barristers who have to actually deal with that sort of crap.

I don't, they are well paid and it can be a bit of a laugh

I feel sorry for the ignorant fools who fall into the clutches of these freemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

The tax-payer mainly pays in the end.
    The public purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Can a solicitor or barrister refuse instructions from these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Can a solicitor or barrister refuse instructions from these people?
    Tricky. Where someone's liberty is at stake, there are sometimes professional rules in play, and there's always a strong professional culture at work, to the effect that he is entitled to legal representation and there are limited or no grounds on which you can decline to represent him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Many legal professionals including judges have had incidents at their homes with these lads. In the case which ultimately landed Gilroy in jail, bank employees and solicitors were advised by Gardai to get personal private security. Addresses have been published online and details of relations circulated to broaden the intimidation.

Further to this, if you've ever seen some of these lads in action in a Court office or other State Body (Land Registry, CRO etc) they can often become highly abusive to the counter staff.

We can all laugh at them but there are some very nasty individuals at work here. They may not be clever but they are vindictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Robbo wrote: »
    Many legal professionals including judges have had incidents at their homes with these lads. In the case which ultimately landed Gilroy in jail, bank employees and solicitors were advised by Gardai to get personal private security. Addresses have been published online and details of relations circulated to broaden the intimidation.

Further to this, if you've ever seen some of these lads in action in a Court office or other State Body (Land Registry, CRO etc) they can often become highly abusive to the counter staff.

We can all laugh at them but there are some very nasty individuals at work here. They may not be clever but they are vindictive.

Ben strikes me as just a pure chancer trying to find some magical loophole that gets him something for nothing.

The group of paranoid delusionals out in mayo strike me as being a lot more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

eldamo wrote: »
    Ben strikes me as just a pure chancer trying to find some magical loophole that gets him something for nothing.

The group of paranoid delusionals out in mayo strike me as being a lot more dangerous.

Don't be fooled by his demeanour in his videos, the aib case in which he got his community service shows the kind of carry on he engages in, if you read the judgment that was published.

There is also a very sinister republican element that is deeply involved in the anti-eviction movement.

What started out being a bunch of eccentrics misquoting admiralty law has expanded into a fringe movement seemingly willing to break the law (as seen in roscommon before christmas) in an effort to get free housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

A bit of filler in todays indo.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/court-president-should-explain-why-he-took-debt-cases-from-me-37798262.html

"In an interview with the Irish Independent, Mr Honohan said Mr Justice Peter Kelly's decision to remove debt cases from the Master's court could lead to debtors being "steamrollered" as inexperienced judges may be more accepting of affidavits filed by banks than he would be."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭blackwhite

A bit of filler in todays indo.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/court-president-should-explain-why-he-took-debt-cases-from-me-37798262.html

"In an interview with the Irish Independent, Mr Honohan said Mr Justice Peter Kelly's decision to remove debt cases from the Master's court could lead to debtors being "steamrollered" as inexperienced judges may be more accepting of affidavits filed by banks than he would be."

The arrogance of the man is astounding - he really thinks he knows more than the judges in the HC

blackwhite wrote: »
    The arrogance of the man is astounding - he really thinks he knows more than the judges in the HC

He is urinating in the wind at this stage.

Cringe worthy.

His employment is still secure,is his home, one would assume.

Unlike a few of his faithful followers who may end up without a roof over their heads in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Ahem...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/lord-mayor-nial-ring-raises-over-1m-to-save-his-home-from-bank-sale-37796201.html

'Dublin’s Lord Mayor Nial Ring has managed to save his home from a bank sale after raising well over €1m to pay off debts he owes Bank Of Ireland Mortgage Bank, the Circuit Civil Court heard today Friday'.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/dublin-councillor-nial-ring-ordered-to-surrender-home-over-0-5m-arrears-1.3096378

'Mr Ring is an accountant, banker and former business partner of Dublin property developer and Fianna Fáil Ard Comhairle member, Jerry Beades. He was a government appointee to the board of IDA Ireland, where he served for 10 years until 2008'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A habeas corpus application was made on his behalf by Neil from Lay Litigation Ireland on January 25th. It was refused.
    Undeterred, he's going back for seconds, this time having sought the sage advice of the Ben.
    Another day, another angry mob occupying a house. This time it wasn’t even where they lived to begin with and it’s alreadh been the subject of a Contempt of Court case.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/new-owner-and-tenants-have-been-forced-out-of-dublin-property-court-told-1.3776450?mode=amp
    ...and now facing costs of €60k for this little adventure. I supposed when you're in the hole for several million, €60k is chump change. I wonder what caused the defendants to recently seek professional representation over their former "advisors"?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Undeterred, he's going back for seconds, this time having sought the sage advice of the Ben.

...and now facing costs of €60k for this little adventure. I supposed when you're in the hole for several million, €60k is chump change. I wonder what caused the defendants to recently seek professional representation over their former "advisors"?

I'm curious as to why any legal professional would agree to represent them given their chances of getting paid are slim.

I'm curious as to why any legal professional would agree to represent them given their chances of getting paid are slim.[/QUOTE

A lot of idle Barristers out there? No foal no fee? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What happened with that crowd in Roscommon? Are they still occupying their house?

Ben has been re-arrested and has to serve his full sentence. Habeus corpus denied. His loyal gang of followers are causing a scene in the court

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Ben has been re-arrested and has to serve his full sentence. Habeus corpus denied. His loyal gang of followers are causing a scene in the court

Vincent Byrne (TM) has a video up talking a load of sh!te

jd wrote: »
    Vincent Byrne (TM) has a video up talking a load of sh!te

Ben has been jailed under positive law despite the fact that law trumps all manmade positive law. Or something. He really does talk an awful amount of sh**e

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ben has been jailed under positive law despite the fact that law trumps all manmade positive law. Or something. He really does talk an awful amount of sh**e

The list of people who’s fault it is huge.

Basically it’s everybody in the world except Ben.

The list of people who’s fault it is huge.

Basically it’s everybody in the world except Ben.

Classic comment on the video referenced Ben's wife shouting out that the family is supposed to be the most protected entity in the constitution. The argument there obviously is that the constitutional protection of the family is such that one cannot be jailed under any circumstances if that incarceration results in even the temporary breakup of a family...they really believe this stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I couldn't listen to that sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Gemma O'Doherty has just called on the troops to protest outside Googles European HQ on Barrow Street over this ... something about free speech .. not too sure why Google - but then again i'm probably too dumbed down by the fluoride to understand her

Google own YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Google own YouTube.

Sorry - the gilroy aspect is just tagging on to her own protest

Anyway ... here is the reaction to the judgement

How to behave in court

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

whippet wrote: »
    Gemma O'Doherty has just called on the troops to protest outside Googles European HQ on Barrow Street over this ... something about free speech .. not too sure why Google - but then again i'm probably too dumbed down by the fluoride to understand her

She's been banned off YouTube again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I feel a bit sorry for whoever ends up sharing a cell with Ben, no matter what they did.

Imagine listening to him all day every day & all night every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently it's a Communist plot, according to Gemma. Odd sort of communism to enforce property rights of lenders!

Remember all those times The Hub have declared they're not Freemen? Well apparently the positive law that Ben was jailed under isn't real law. Totally not Freemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

How to behave in court

How any Garda has not yet physically laid a finger on their ilk is amazing. The abuse they get from what can be only described as scumbags is truly shocking.

You really have to admire their ability to hold off from giving these and others their just desserts, you really do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

How to behave in court

I thought you couldn't film in court?

Advertisement