Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

it's not really ward of court - its a very limited power to be able to apply to fair deal / pay for medical care !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Stephen T Manning….have any of his shenanigans ever resulted in a victory for him? I find it astonishing that anyone would believe anything he says?

Many many moral victories.

And a stretch inside for his troubles

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's some genius legal reasoning going on in this story about the Catriona Carey scam.

The barrister accepts she took a couple of deposits on behalf of the company but insists she gave over company receipts from Carey's company.

She can be heard saying: "The company gave a receipt for the money absofu**inlutely, do you think I would take 15,000 in my fuckin hand and not give a receipt." She later adds the contract stated it was down to those involved to check everything out with their own professional advisors, solicitors accountants and such like."

• Advertisement

wasn't she involved with 'The Hub' and a few other organisations that were 'helping' out people with distressed mortgages? If my memory serves me correctly she was also going to stand for election at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Does that barrister go by a different name? nobody by that name on lawlibrary.ie

also ... it seems she was listed as a key executive in this Carey owned company

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see that The Hub has gone rattling the change bucket recently, claiming they're going to sue Facebook because a marketing campaign their corporate entity signed up for didn't produce the goods. You'd forget these lads existed but they're looking for a new Dublin office.

The reference was to the fact we lost the office due to the first lock down and are working from home, and have been for the past 2 years: the answer is quite simple: “Not sure", because of the lock-down and we had to leave the office in the way we did; ‘short notice’, we lost our deposit, we are not sure what the future holds but The Hub-Ireland has survived so much over the years, if you look at the amount of time we were attacked, even the best legal brains in Ireland had us evicted from the Capel Building............ down to the personal attacks (both files are still open), but we diversify.

Oooooooh such exciting times. Threatened legal action (which will obviously bear fruit aaaaaaaaaanytime soon), diversification, new corporate HQ...the sky's the limit.

• Advertisement

the legal brains are in over drive 'we are company limited by shares' and then want to take action as 'a consumer' ... this is junior cert business level legal stuff ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Uh oh, looks like it could be a busy few days for the regular social media channels.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-arrested-for-tasering-bank-official-after-home-repossessed-1.4842265

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I see a family well known in this parish are now making themselves known to the WRC.

If there’s one thing we can learn from this case, it’s that Arthur Cox’s hiring procedures don’t appear to include googling the candidates to see what comes up!

she had been with them as a trainee for 3 1/2 years before that position came up. It looks as if there was some resistance to her getting that job but someone went out on a limb for her.

As soon as she got her feet under a table in a permanent sense she started throwing her weight around like a lunatic.

That family have a right to their beliefs the same as everyone else and I’d imagine that they’re all very clever but she obviously has no idea about being a professional adult in the real world. Another solicitor had begged to be removed from the same office as her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It’s not the beliefs I’d have thought Cox’s might have seen a problem with - it’s the history that every member of the family seems to have in aggressively seeking out conflict at every single opportunity.

The shenanigans in NUI Galway alone should have told them what they were signing the firm up for!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Being homeschooled with parents like that, you'd almost feel sorry for them.

Then again, they paid her off with approx 85k and she still wanted more so who are really the fools here?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Had my first in person encounter with one of these head-the-balls.

A former good mate of mine claiming he will drive his car with no plates on it as his licence has expired and that means his contract is no longer valid. Ticking all the boxes in the freeman crazy bingo

Presumably that means no insurance either. Nice.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The quickest way to get pulled is to drive around with no plates, so your former mate wouldn't have long to wait to test his theories.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

feels like the beginning of a story that leads to an extended stay in prison for contempt of court

To think that I am sharing the motorway, potentially, with someone who is so demented as to think that all they have to do is take the reg plates off the car in order to avoid any kind of further rules of the road, is quite frankly, terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Just saw someone on Facebook say something along the lines of "we need to get 51% of the popultaion to derigister [from the electoral roll] to get the criminals out of the Dail".

I thought, wow, new nonsense out there! So I went looking and foung a FB page called "DEREGISTER YOUR VOTE facts and myths".

Indeed. In the 'about' section:

We are a page that encourages self education. We would love if people deregistered from the voting regWister, HOWEVER we would prefer if you only deregister when you understand why. Without understanding exactly why leaves us in the exact same position as the people were in 1937. We could be easily fooled.

People in 1937 were sold a vision of a Republic. The only reference to a republic was in the Republic of Ireland Act 1948 where Ireland is described as a Republic. I could describe myself as a goblin, it doesnt mean I am a goblin.

The wording is very specific. It's not up to us to interpret the meaning of legal words. We must go to the state to see what they mean, as that's the only meaning that matters.

Now nowhere are we officially called the Republic of Ireland. Not passports, not official documents, not even with regard to the EU. Very funny.

You would think if we actually were a republic then those people in power would be shouting from the rooftops. So it seems it was put out there to fool the people.

The first thing to look at why they fooled us is to read the two constitutions and try to understand them. In the 1922 constitution there were 83 articles. In the 1937constitution there are only 50. See what they removed and why. Why do you think they needed the consent of the people to enact the 1937 constitution when they didnt need our consent to enact 1922.

These are questions we should be asking ourselves so we wont be fooled again.

This page tries to stick to facts only regarding the state. There is plenty of freely available information out there about the state and how it operates. Study it, ask questions etc.

Anyone posting conspiracy theories or anything that isn't relevant to the workings of the state, their posts will be removed.

This is done with no malice. Its simply to enable people to understand the state without interference.

Maybe we should have looked towards the Republic of the United States of America for a constitutional model?

Oh wait.

Still though - it can only increase the average IQ of the electorate... 😁

"Please set aside our €1.8m megachurch debt because the bank inadvertently knocked €63 off the debt"

Is this the new "give me a free gaff because the bank put a comma in the wrong place" ?

Didn't work 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Renewable Freemannery?

It does make a lot of sense to cover south-facing roofs with solar panels but it's not going to happen much until a realistic feed-in tariff is provided. Non-freeman post I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Our old pal Antonio Mureddu 'standing here as a living man' looking for a cool €1M to appear in court.

Anti-vaccine activist tells Donegal judge he will only come back to court if he gets one million euro - Independent.ie

This repossession case in Carlow has been in and out of the courts for about a decade, with involvement from various helpful groups along the way. It was one of those mentioned here about 5 years ago when the then judge explicitly warned about the proliferation of unqualified advisers. Pretty inevitably it ends up with people being jailed, although they are still sticking to stuff like telling the judge to prove she's a judge etc.

Three jailed for trespassing at family home repossessed by mortgage company - Independent.ie

• Advertisement

is that the same man who took a covid patient out of a hospital who subsequently died?

Advertisement