Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/the-freeman-movement-an-in-depth-analysis/

The schemes covered in the Primetime piece appear to be cut&paste jobs from several that have been tried in the US – included the Dorean Group debacle which was referred to earlier in this thread.

Almost every contortion of Freeman legal theories has been tried already, and rejected by, US courts. The result has been imprisonment, sanctions and a mountain of needless legal costs. If the US court system has demonstrated anything, it is that those in Ireland who will attempt the same Freeman shenanigans are on course for a severe legal smackdown.

The trust-based schemes are particularly worrisome, and the question is not whether people will be burned – rather the question is how many and how badly?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

themadhair wrote: »
    http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2013/10/30/the-freeman-movement-an-in-depth-analysis/

The schemes covered in the Primetime piece appear to be cut&paste jobs from several that have been tried in the US – included the Dorean Group debacle which was referred to earlier in this thread.

Almost every contortion of Freeman legal theories has been tried already, and rejected by, US courts. The result has been imprisonment, sanctions and a mountain of needless legal costs. If the US court system has demonstrated anything, it is that those in Ireland who will attempt the same Freeman shenanigans are on course for a severe legal smackdown.

The trust-based schemes are particularly worrisome, and the question is not whether people will be burned – rather the question is how many and how badly?

nice link...

It might be worth looking at Marcus McKenna and his schemes as well as the early origins of the movement (pre-Redemption)... it might also be worth discussing how it's spreading into non-white groups (i.e. the Moor movement).

I also think there's some pretty compelling evidence that this sort of thing has been promoted in Ireland for a good long time (Owen Fitzpatrick for example)...

We're planning to do more coverage as we gather more information. Our approach is to consider Irish examples against the background of nearly identical scams from other countries (mostly the US). Owen is on our list, but Marcus I haven't come across - have you got more information?

We're planning to do more coverage as we gather more information. Our approach is to consider Irish examples against the background of nearly identical scams from other countries (mostly the US). Owen is on our list, but Marcus I haven't come across - have you got more information?

Glad you've spotted Owen.

Marcus is Gilroy's ... hero?

If you donate to Gilroy you get a copy of his book... he gives speeches around the country telling attendees that, "all debt is an illusion" - just buy a ticket to see him and he'll tell you how...

Just go to Gilroy's page: www.freedomfromalldebt.com and you'll see the "book".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    nice link...

It might be worth looking at Marcus McKenna and his schemes as well as the early origins of the movement (pre-Redemption)... it might also be worth discussing how it's spreading into non-white groups (i.e. the Moor movement).

I also think there's some pretty compelling evidence that this sort of thing has been promoted in Ireland for a good long time (Owen Fitzpatrick for example)...
    Marcus McKeown, no?

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Marcus McKeown, no?

God. Yes. Sorry about that. I was up way too late watching baseball.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Oh you'll love Marcus, he's big into NLP.

Marcus McKeown, no?
    I do have him on my list then. Hard to know which is more overhyped though - NLP or Freeman ideology....

I do have him on my list then. Hard to know which is more overhyped though - NLP or Freeman ideology....

Def worth listening to some of his interviews and lectures. He is out there telling people that they literally can stop paying any debt they have to a bank, because it is literally illusory.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

Ben Gilroy arrested!

If you skip over to brroadsheet.ie now you will see that Steve Kerr, responsible for youtube channel "Reality Ireland", has stated that Gilroy has been arrested and is being brought to the four courts.

I Last saw Steve Kerr sitting on O'Connell bridge, can be sen harrassing politicians by sticking a camera in their face and shouting questions at them. A big supporter of Gilroys.

Is that the new one with James Reilly and some nurses on the cover? Klaire's Krazy Krew have apparently a CRO receipt showing POE Limited as some form of entity. This is not helped by the CRO Search function being as useful as a marzipan dildo when it comes to acronyms and also carries the health warning that just because the CRO take your money and documents initially, this is no guarantee of issues not arising with incorporation.

Ben Gilroy arrested!

If you skip over to brroadsheet.ie now you will see that Steve Kerr, responsible for youtube channel "Reality Ireland", has stated that Gilroy has been arrested and is being brought to the four courts.

I Last saw Steve Kerr sitting on O'Connell bridge, can be sen harrassing politicians by sticking a camera in their face and shouting questions at them. A big supporter of Gilroys.
    If you go to Steve Kerr's Facebook, he's adding a new strand of whack****tery to the Freeman arsenal: Canon law and papal edicts.

Ben Gilroy arrested!

It's on The Journal as well!
    ONE OF THE founders of the political movement Direct Democracy Ireland, Ben Gilroy, has appeared in court this morning after he was arrested at his home in Meath earlier.

Gilroy was arrested at his home in Navan at around 8.45am this morning and appeared before Justice Ryan at the High Court in Dublin today.

The case concerned the breach of a court order not to trespass on land at a Kildare stud farm owned by farmer Eugene McDermott earlier this year.

Joint receivers to the land at Brannockstown in Naas allege that Gilroy was part of a group that forced agents of the receivers off the land last August.

The judge adjourned the case until 22 November to give Gilroy two weeks to file an affidavit and for the plaintiff – the receivers – to respond to this.

A number of Gilroy’s supporters joined him in court this morning.

Gilroy was a candidate in last March’s Meath East by-election where he finished a surprise fourth, ahead of Labour’s Eoin Holmes.

www.thejournal.ie/ben-gilroy-arrest-direct-democracy-ireland-1155963-Nov2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Klaire's Krazy Krew have apparently a CRO receipt showing POE Limited as some form of entity. This is not helped by the CRO Search function being as useful as a marzipan dildo when it comes to acronyms and also carries the health warning that just because the CRO take your money and documents initially, this is no guarantee of issues not arising with incorporation.

They're not registered yet according to Vision-net, but the process can take some time. €100 is the fee for registering a new company, as per the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

If you go to Steve Kerr's Facebook, he's adding a new strand of whack****tery to the Freeman arsenal: Canon law and papal edicts.

First thing that popped up on his page was his like of Jim Corr's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Some serious ludicrous defences appearing and being validated on that guys facebook page!

chopser wrote: »
    Some serious ludicrous defences appearing and being validated on that guys facebook page!

Wouldn't be surprised if they were lifted from the pages of the Common Law Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Can I just say I'm fecking delighted that this is happening, he is a charlatan and this freeman codology needs to be kicked to touch sooner rather than later. Too many groups now trying to use it to ignore the law and it will always be the vulnerable who will suffer as a result.

joela wrote: »
    Can I just say I'm fecking delighted that this is happening, he is a charlatan and this freeman codology needs to be kicked to touch sooner rather than later. Too many groups now trying to use it to ignore the law and it will always be the vulnerable who will suffer as a result.

Either outcome is gonna be hilarious:

- He uses Freeman crap in court and loses
    - Use hires a proper solicitor and uses actual "law" and win/loses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Anybody in the courts today able to give an update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

He also directed that Mr Gilroy file his replying affidavits within two weeks.

excuse my legal ignorance but what does the judge mean by asking gilroy to file his replying affidavits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

returnNull wrote: »
    excuse my legal ignorance but what does the judge mean by asking gilroy to file his replying affidavits?

The receiver has brought proceedings to jail Mr. Gilroy that application is based on affidavits sworn by whoever is giving evidence. So now Gilroy is been given time to put his side of the story also on affidavit. A large amount of cases the only evidence is in the form of Affidavit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Thanks infosys.
    infosys wrote: »
    So now Gilroy is been given time to put his side of the story
    this should be fun:P

returnNull wrote: »
    Thanks infosys.

this should be fun:P

Bearing in mind that 90% of what Ben has done in court previously is simply delaying tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Bearing in mind that 90% of what Ben has done in court previously is simply delaying tactics.

No doubt there will be plenty of those but I'm interested to see what he does now that he stands to actually carry the can for his Freeman antics. All very well to blather on about firing receivers and the number of strings on an insignia when its not you who has to face the consequences. I'm sure there will be a Solicitor on record and affidavits filed. I'm not expecting any of his Freeman nonsense until after he has left the Court room.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I doubt he will choose to do time for contempt, unlike at least one other person who has been sucked in by this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Would he be allowed to spout the freeman stuff? Is it contempt to be a nut?

Advertisement