Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

It isn't nonsense, though. What you are describing as "violent" is what we have gotten from from criminals or terrorist groups in the past;....
    Are seriously trying to suggest or imply that the Freeman protests are criminal and/or terroristic????? Yeah, that's pretty much exaggeratory nonsense no matter how you try and dress it up.

I've seen worse at a Monaghan Hospital Alliance protest – does that make them criminals and terrorists too? The incident where O'Hanlon was nearly tossed into the ditch was an order of magnitude worse than the Kildare stud video.

I've also seen worse at a teacher's protest – does that make them criminals and terrorists too?

When you lower your standards for what qualifies for the label of 'violent', and particularly when you do so for your groups you personally do not like, you only succeed in widening that standard into meaninglessness.
    Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I would say that the potential for organised campaigns of violence isn't all that high but I wouldn't be surprised if the republican groups were looking to recruit from among those who look at Freemanism sympathetically.
    This, I agree, is a much more likely avenue for violence – but is it really fair to blame Freeman ideology for any violence that results from a group already predisposed to violence (not to mention the likelihood of them already being armed)?
    The other area where I could see the potential for violence is if the anti-eviction/freemen groups are "protecting" a family farm.
    To be honest, this is a threat that would exist with or without Freemanism.

I know I'm harping on about this point, but if folks are going to make the claim that Irish Freeman groups are violent (or have a reasonable capacity/likelihood for violence) then they seriously need to evidence that point. Otherwise, it just smacks of exaggeratory nonsense and misinformation. If the best evidence on offer is the Kildare video then the label is undeserved.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

themadhair wrote: »
    Are seriously trying to suggest or imply that the Freeman protests are criminal and/or terroristic????? Yeah, that's pretty much exaggeratory nonsense no matter how you try and dress it up.

I've seen worse at a Monaghan Hospital Alliance protest – does that make them criminals and terrorists too? The incident where O'Hanlon was nearly tossed into the ditch was an order of magnitude worse than the Kildare stud video.

I've also seen worse at a teacher's protest – does that make them criminals and terrorists too?

When you lower your standards for what qualifies for the label of 'violent', and particularly when you do so for your groups you personally do not like, you only succeed in widening that standard into meaninglessness.

This, I agree, is a much more likely avenue for violence – but is it really fair to blame Freeman ideology for any violence that results from a group already predisposed to violence (not to mention the likelihood of them already being armed)?

To be honest, this is a threat that would exist with or without Freemanism.

I know I'm harping on about this point, but if folks are going to make the claim that Irish Freeman groups are violent (or have a reasonable capacity/likelihood for violence) then they seriously need to evidence that point. Otherwise, it just smacks of exaggeratory nonsense and misinformation. If the best evidence on offer is the Kildare video then the label is undeserved.

Freemanism started as a criminal enterprise and has been used by criminals for decades to scam others.

There's two kinds of Freemen:

- Suckers
    - Criminals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Well, that is exactly how for example, the Magdalene Laundries and the industrial schools functioned. They needed a steady supply of "fallen" women and "delinquent" children.

But you can't actualy say that the HSE funds itself by fostering children can you!?
    I don't even need to explain why not, to think that people are taking advice from such a crack pot is very worrying and there is the reason why most of us detest these freemen groups

And so we're clear, the "buy into a trust and protect your property" scam is essentially the same scam as the "Nigerian Prince" scam.

Except that you're gambling your house - not just a few euro - on something that will never ever work, and which the con men know won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

And nowhere near as tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

mmm... I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

mmm... I'd buy that for a dollar!

you'd have to enter into a contract with a commercial entity though and freely give your consent:pac:

Here's a Judgment of the high Court just published which offers further details of a certain Mr. Alexander Gibbons, former solicitor, whose name popped up in this thread recently:

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/9d0bd1c3213d0f7280257c1b005b5d84?OpenDocument

Was it Claire Cullinane that referred, on Prime Time, to his invaluable selfless advice as the legal framework of DebtOptions' solution to distressed borrowers?

Here's a Judgment of the high Court just published which offers further details of a certain Mr. Alexander Gibbons, former solicitor, whose name popped up in this thread recently:

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/9d0bd1c3213d0f7280257c1b005b5d84?OpenDocument

Was it Claire Cullinane that referred, on Prime Time, to his invaluable selfless advice as the legal framework of DebtOptions' solution to distressed borrowers?

indeed it was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

One of Ben's disciples made a complaint to the BAI about his treatment on LMFM (an interview which, it was noted, DDI republished as 'Ben Gilroy Kicks Ass on LMFM and follow up on MSI Radio') when they did a piece with him on the Allsop Auction Ruckus.

The complaint was rejected but then a body set up by Statute will always aim to shaft the True Sovereign Leader of the Giolla Rua Clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

returnNull wrote: »
    you'd have to enter into a contract with a commercial entity though and freely give your consent:pac:

I have trade marked "chocolate fireguard", lads.

That's one billion euro each, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    In terms of the Freemen in Ireland's potential for violence, I'm pretty sure I saw one of the spin-off republican groups at a protest in Dublin with what looked like Freeman inspired/related slogans.

Pretty much all of these Republican groups view the Irish state as an invalid/illegal/illegitimate entity, so I would say there is not a huge amount of ideological differences between rejecting the Irish state and rejecting any laws that the Irish state makes.

I would say that the potential for organised campaigns of violence isn't all that high but I wouldn't be surprised if the republican groups were looking to recruit from among those who look at Freemanism sympathetically.

The other area where I could see the potential for violence is if the anti-eviction/freemen groups are "protecting" a family farm. The Kildare stud farm was a case where the family home itself wasn't under threat. If it was an actual family farm home I could see matters being a lot more heated and a massive percentage of all the shotguns in Ireland are to be found on farms. I could very easily see such a situation ending up in bloodshed.

I'd really doubt any link up occurring between IR groups (extreme dissident ones e.g 32CSM and that new one IRV) and any of the Freeman groups. Its a case of both regarding each other as idiots IMO.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Freemanism started as a criminal enterprise and has been used by criminals for decades to scam others.

There's two kinds of Freemen:

- Suckers
    - Criminals
    Sums up the Irish Freemen perfectly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

I'd really doubt any link up occurring between IR groups and any of the Freeman groups. Its a case of both regarding each other as idiots IMO.

And for once they're both correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Due to computer trouble I have only now been able to watch that Ballyphehane video.

Seriously upset for that poor girl - she's obviously in need of some assistance and in a foreign country and instead she has these psychos telling her that the gardai can't do anything if she doesn't "consent". Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of it but I'm guessing a trip to South Mall or Popes Quay and an LAB solicitor could help her to do whatever is needed to assure the HSE that the child will be okay with her.

Those gardai, esp CC153, have the patience of saints - he seemed such a gentle sort of guy. If I'm ever in that kind of trouble I hope they send him for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

New one from Equality Cork...

No comment necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Sacksian wrote: »
    No comment necessary.

lol

Also, I'm dying to know why they've started putting ":" between forename and surname of their mates, as in this letter here:

971014_193384314145890_1504501100_n.jpg

And here:

1385569_248099712007683_551945308_n.jpg

Presumably, there's a solid enough reason. Similarly, the obsession with the term "offspring" and the fact they're mad into threatening to hang people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No comment necessary.

Is he pissed? There's honestly no other explaining that video

• Advertisement

They should make talking dolls of the various Ballyphehane Freeman characters:

"I loooooove you"

"Come out here, you OUTLAW"

"I do not consent"

I would also buy one of the etymology-obsessed Foetus of Eire/Chakra guy:

'Fine' literally means 'no problem'.

Some interesting comments here re that video etc.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4977140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Also, I'm dying to know why they've started putting ":" between forename and surname of their mates, as in this letter here:

And here:

1385569_248099712007683_551945308_n.jpg

Presumably, there's a solid enough reason. Similarly, the obsession with the term "offspring" and the fact they're mad into threatening to hang people.

The woeful grammar and punctuation in that "missive" is simply satanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Some interesting comments here re that video etc.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4977140
    today Wednesday 6th November 2013 AD i was forced to have a mud-bath in a pool of water on the footpath and i was then abducted by GARDA OUTLAWS while conversing with a friend on the footpath outside ANGLESEA STREET COURTHOUSE,
    the same gang ROBBED my shoulder-bag and umbrella

a little girl that was on the footpath and observing, was so shocked by the violent attack on me by one GARDA OUTLAW, she came over and thumped him one on his head and he tried to punch her, but the GARDA OUTLAW missed because she "floated like a butter-fly and stung like a bee" even though she is only about 11 or 12 years old, but two other GARDA OUTLAWS grabbed her little body and beat her little head a number of times against a wall and at least once against the footpath. i was in awe at that little girls courage to come to my defence against a 6 ft+ GARDA OUTLAW

i was then forced into the COURTHOUSE where some TWAT ADMINISTRATOR spoke some meaningless CRAP i did not UNDERSTAND and wanted me to accept some **** of paper intended for MR. LEO KEAVENEY, well that is not me because i remember not asking for or receiving any such TITLE, i did not enter into any CONTRACT with any IDIOT ADMINISTRATOR.

later i went to OUTLAW BRIDEWELL GARDA STATION to assist angela recover €50 the OUTLAWS ROBBED from her when those OUTLAWS had ABDUCTED angela while she assisted ewa defend against HSE OUTLAWS attempting to ABDUCT ewa's 4 year old son in the OUTLAW FAMILY COURT,
    during the ABDUCTION of angela the GARDA OUTLAWS tore angela's coat and when i commanded the OUTLAWS to sew it they refused, further proof the OUTLAWS will not be any loss when they leave our domain,

while attempting to recover angela's €50 one of the OUTLAWS attacked angela and then claimed that angela had assaulted him and then ABDUCTED angela for the second time today, this video was made during one of my attempts to get some SERVICE from the GARDA OUTLAWS and return to me the body of the man called angela and in similar fashion to Johnny_5 in the movie Short Circuit, i was pissed off being ignored while i was trying to get some service from the OUTLAWS.
    :P:P:P

Oh fcuk me, that is pure gold, Johnny_5 the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

I would also buy one of the etymology-obsessed Foetus of Eire/Chakra guy:

That guy is called Bansky aka Gearóid Ó Bruác'Abáinn, and he left a comment on Leo's Facebook page about the whole situation.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4977342&postcount=28

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

"I loooooove you"

"I do not consent"

Kinda giving off mixed signals, the old freemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

waveform wrote: »
    That guy is called Bansky aka Gearóid Ó Bruác'Abáinn, and he left a comment on Leo's Facebook page about the whole situation.

He is identified in this youtube clip as Gerard Banks. Maybe he became a gaeilgeoir since. There is a discussion about him here.

His interests include striped sweaters, the abolition of the District Court, and the Druidic Law of the Cosmos.

• Advertisement

It's theatre for the video. Even the cameraman couldn't stop themselves from laughing.

Advertisement