Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

These people are giving that young woman bad advice and are making a bad situation much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Sacksian wrote: »
    They should make talking dolls of the various Ballyphehane Freeman characters:

"I loooooove you"

"Come out here, you OUTLAW"

"I do not consent"

I would also buy one of the etymology-obsessed Foetus of Eire/Chakra guy:

'Fine' literally means 'no problem'.
    I'll tell you one thing,that unhinged madman has a really really irritating knock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

The Ballyphehane woman, Ewa, has gone missing with her son. I hope Leo and his little disciples get what's coming to them if he comes to any harm.

This is the point at which they stop being funny.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1108/485557-missing-person-cork/

Appeal over young boy missing from Cork
    Updated: 17:39, Friday, 08 November 2013
    Jan Rehman has brown hair and brown eyes Jan Rehman has brown hair and brown eyes

Gardaí are trying to find a four-year-old boy who has been missing from Stephen Street in Cork since Wednesday.

Jan Rehman is described as being 0.9m (3ft) tall and about 12kg (two stone) in weight.

He is a Polish national and has brown hair and brown eyes.

He may be with his 40-year-old Polish mother. She is 1.7m (5'6'') in height of slim build and has mousey brown hair.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Anglesea Street Garda Station on 021-4522000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800-666-111 or any garda station.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Leo and his ilk need to be beaten to the shore of Spike Island

enough of these idiots and their time wasting

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

Sacksian wrote: »
    New one from Equality Cork...

No comment necessary.

My god, I've gone through bad acid trips that weren't as strange as that video. Particularly from 3:05 onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Kikin wrote: »
    My god, I've gone through bad acid trips that weren't as strange as that video. Particularly from 3:05 onwards.

I actually find it very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Now that I've got my youtube fixed, just wondering - how many of the hits on their vids are us?

I've looked at a few today and so has Mr Vimes, it must amount to quite a few between this thread and the PRC one.

Also want to say thanks to Milanpan!c for his/her brilliant work on this thread - you obviously spent a lot of time rooting out the BS wherever it may be :-)

Just don't let it be your life dude!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Freeman: Take this OUTLAW, I mean letter. Ah-ha. You have now been served with this OUTLAW summons. As you can see it is OUTLAW done in pink crayon. You now have to answer for your crimes to the OUTLAW (sorry) Community Court and there is nothing you can do about it.

HSE worker: I'm sorry I don't under-stand

Freeman: ...
    well-played-sir-well-played.jpg

Quare: Whether saying I stand under the law in a freeman court deprives them of jurisdiction at first instance.

• Advertisement

mrs vimes wrote: »
    Also want to say thanks to Milanpan!c for his/her brilliant work on this thread - you obviously spent a lot of time rooting out the BS wherever it may be :-)

Just don't let it be your life dude!

Thanks a lot :)

And though this does take up a lot of head space, you'll be happy to know I'm a fully functioning member of society outside of boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Jan Rehman is described as being 0.9m (3ft) tall and about 12kg (two stone) in weight.

If the numbers are correct there's a serious concern about his health. The healthy, tall but slim preschooler running around is 1.1 m (3'8") tall and 22kg (3 stone 6 lbs).
    The HSE and Gardai got involved after the mother brought her child to the hospital for a quick check up and was told Jan who is Irish born is deficient in Vitamin D, which most Irish people are as Vitamin D Comes from the sun as well as many other places. But from this point on the HSE has been trying to take Jan off the mother and into the care of the HSE. This is where it all stems from as Ewa the mother of Jan felt there was something seriously wrong and got scared so looked for help to try and understand how the HSE operates and why they seem so desperate to take her child away..

I have talked to Ewa the mother on many occasions, she is a really nice health conscious woman, she is a vegan and does not like false foods or eating from animals as in today's world it is a massive cause of sickness due to whats being pumped into animals these days. So a deffiency of vitamin D can be common place amongst Vegans, Ewa first got scared when the hospitals started to try give Jan foods which are not healthy, Ewa does not beleive Jan should drink milk because of the high levels of estrogen (female hormone) and many other highly processed foods and chemicalised foods. She is just a very health conscious woman. Ive met Jan many times, he is a healthy energetic kid, its just his mother is very health conscious when it comes to nutrition and food. So when she seen the HSE trying to feed her child unhealthy foods and try take Jan from her and into the HSE. This is where Leo got involved..
    http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4977342&postcount=28

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

I am finding it incredibly difficult to believe the hse took her son into care just based on a vitamin deficiency, these freemen wouldn't be stretching the truth a little to try justify their cause by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Kikin wrote: »
    I am finding it incredibly difficult to believe the hse took her son into care just based on a vitamin deficiency, these freemen wouldn't be stretching the truth a little to try justify their cause by any chance?

Vitamin D deficiency can be very serious all the same. I have worked with paediatric doctors and nurses, and hand on heart, they are only interested in the wellbeing of the child.

The Freeman stuff is very funny, but also very sad. It's pretty clear it's a focal point for people with mental illness coming together to influence people that are easily led. Either that or manipulative criminals. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Vitamin D deficiency can be very serious all the same. I have worked with paediatric doctors and nurses, and hand on heart, they are only interested in the wellbeing of the child.

The Freeman stuff is very funny, but also very sad. It's pretty clear it's a focal point for people with mental illness coming together to influence people that are easily led. Either that or manipulative criminals. Very sad.

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

There's surely a Venn diagram in the overlap of criminality, gullibility (for lack of a nicer word) and mental illness, in relation to the average Freemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Pricking around online tonight, I came across this site which has some ideals which are quite DDI like in some ways; www.cppc.ie. They even have a donate button on board :rolleyes:

Their head honcho is Diarmaid Ó'Cadhla, who's done the student political stuff over the years as well as the usual rounds of bank and Dail hating. Diarmaid ran in the 2011 General Election, has Brendan Doris on the books, they have had run in's with DDI over plagiarism of policies and he has had a running mate whom we know quite well :)

http://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/tag/diarmaid-o-cadhla/

Definitely something lacking in the water in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I hope that they are found safe and well and that their family is not broken up. I can completely understand how one might 'fall for' this sort of thing in a foreign country with a very different legal system from my own (and quite a bizarre legal system) especially if one were under tremendous stress and perhaps inclined to conspiratorial thinking.

Apropos of nothing. That little boy is quite thin for his age and height.

The Ballyphehane woman, Ewa, has gone missing with her son. I hope Leo and his little disciples get what's coming to them if he comes to any harm.

This is the point at which they stop being funny.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1108/485557-missing-person-cork/

Appeal over young boy missing from Cork
    Updated: 17:39, Friday, 08 November 2013
    Jan Rehman has brown hair and brown eyes Jan Rehman has brown hair and brown eyes

Gardaí are trying to find a four-year-old boy who has been missing from Stephen Street in Cork since Wednesday.

He is a Polish national and has brown hair and brown eyes.

He may be with his 40-year-old Polish mother. She is 1.7m (5'6'') in height of slim build and has mousey brown hair.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Anglesea Street Garda Station on 021-4522000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800-666-111 or any garda station.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Charlie's latest letter on behalf of a Rolf Harris Trust member hasn't gone down so well. Still, it's good that he's on the side of the little guy with his €50 million loans.

He's also accusing the bank of barratry but we don't know if he's claiming admiralty or common law jurisdiction...

Robbo wrote: »
    Charlie's latest letter on behalf of a Rolf Harris Trust member hasn't gone down so well. Still, it's good that he's on the side of the little guy with his €50 million loans.

He's also accusing the bank of barratry but we don't know if he's claiming admiralty or common law jurisdiction...

Best quote from that:
    Mark Sanfey SC, for Mrs Smith, said his client had nothing to do with the Allen correspondence and agreed with the judge’s description of it as nonsense.

LOL.

Even Chuck's own clients are distancing themselves from his lunacy... only was ever a matter of time though, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Best quote from that:

LOL.

Even Chuck's own clients are distancing themselves from his lunacy... only was ever a matter of time though, I suppose.
    I think the husband is in Charlie's thrall, the wife saw sense and hired some professionals.

I think the husband is in Charlie's thrall, the wife saw sense and hired some professionals.

It's almost always men that fall for this conspiratorial stuff, in my experience.

--

Actually I just googled: gender breakdown of conspiracy theorists - and discovered I'm wrong:
    Young people were slightly more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, but there were few significant correlations with gender, educational level, or occupational category.

www.crab.rutgers.edu/~goertzel/CONSPIRE.doc‎;

And this worrying quote:
    Nationally representative survey data provide a much more complex picture of conspiracism’s place in mass opinion. While the active propagators of conspiracy theories may be limited to fringe groups or the paranoid, the willingness to agree with conspiracy theories or see them as valid explanations for political phenomena is quite commonplace in the American public. Not only does half the American population express agreement with at least one of only seven conspiracy theories offered, large portions of the population exhibit a strong inclination towards a conspiracist predisposition. Far from being an aberrant expression of some political extreme, conspiratorial political cognition is a wide-spread tendency across the entire political spectrum, especially among those with less political information or awareness.

http://political-science.uchicago.edu/faculty-workingpapers/Oliver%20Wood%20Conspiracy%20Theories%20Working%20Paper.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Flood/Mahon...Anglo tapes? [purely for balance]

Flood/Mahon...Anglo tapes? [purely for balance]

What do you mean exactly?

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly?

I don't think it's worrying that some people can be a little bit suspicious..that's all...

I don't think it's worrying that some people can be a little bit suspicious..that's all...

Suspicious is good, but that's not the position of a conspiracy theorist... conspiracy theorists are some of the most dogmatic, uncritical people going.

To quote Monty Python:
    Man: An argument isn't just contradiction.

Mr Vibrating: It can be.

Man: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Mr Vibrating: No it isn't.

Man: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

Mr Vibrating: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

Man: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

Mr Vibrating: Yes it is!

Man: No it isn't!

Man: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

It wasn't an argument or a contradiction..it was just a comment!

It wasn't an argument or a contradiction..it was just a comment!

No no, you misunderstand (and I shoulda been more clear - sorry)... I wasn't referring to your comment, but to the mindset of the average CTer.

The whole, "if the government says it, it must be a lie" way that most of the CT folks see the world.

This mindset leads them to making endless assumptions - not based on evidence, but on - faith in their own paranoia.

Dangerous attitude at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This is baffling as it's exactly counter opposite to what the trust is alleged to be about, either as a champion of the small man, anti bank/bailout, anti developer or as a small time scam. Ironically, it has all the ingredients that would have given DDI/Freeman/Trust so much ammo for their causes; shady deals, huge bank loans, cover companies hiding bids, over development, family fall outs and Lord knows what else besides. Had they managed well this they could have done themselves some service, make no bones about it. Thankfully, they haven't :)

Locally, the Ashleaf and it's long time ownership issues and big time redevelopment plans (Hotel, cinema and apartments have all figured, even with the SC being fairly new) have made it the subject of local scorn. The oversized pub is especially unpopular and unsuccessful in it's 13 years of trading, getting itself a bad name with poor entertinment like naff cover bands, strip troupes, underage drinkers and more recently, hosting fundraisers for murdered provo Alan Ryan.

This court case will be interesting and I say that as a local who has seen how this oversized complex has ruined a local village into the bargain for not a lot of return as a whole. It will also be a very interesting case to follow as there will be some egg on faces of many a well known person come January when it returns to the courts.

• Advertisement

This is baffling as it's exactly counter opposite to what the trust is alleged to be about, either as a champion of the small man, anti bank/bailout, anti developer or as a small time scam. Ironically, it has all the ingredients that would have given DDI/Freeman/Trust so much ammo for their causes; shady deals, huge bank loans, cover companies hiding bids, over development, family fall outs and Lord knows what else besides. Had they managed well this they could have done themselves some service, make no bones about it. Thankfully, they haven't :)

Locally, the Ashleaf and it's long time ownership issues and big time redevelopment plans (Hotel, cinema and apartments have all figured, even with the SC being fairly new) have made it the subject of local scorn. The oversized pub is especially unpopular and unsuccessful in it's 13 years of trading, getting itself a bad name with poor entertinment like naff cover bands, strip troupes, underage drinkers and more recently, hosting fundraisers for murdered provo Alan Ryan.

This court case will be interesting and I say that as a local who has seen how this oversized complex has ruined a local village into the bargain for not a lot of return as a whole. It will also be a very interesting case to follow as there will be some egg on faces of many a well known person come January when it returns to the courts.

One of the biggest (non-) surprises of Freemanism/the Soverign Citizens is that they attract rich folks... which shouldn't really be a surprise, because if there's a potential way for rich people to avoid taxes, mortgages, etc., then some of them will try it.

Think - Chuck made 40K in a day up in Newry... god knows that wasn't 400 people giving him a grand...

Advertisement