Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

benway wrote: »
    Yup - but the principle remains that punitively orientated committal should only be ordered in extreme circumstances. Now, arguably circumstances don't come much more extreme than in the tale of Ben™ and Chuck, but that makes it all the more important that meticulously fair procedures are adhered to. With due regard to Hardiman J's comments in McFeely: ;)

This is second-hand information, with all that entails, but it would appear that Charlie's purged his contempt in relation to the stud farm this morning, but there's a separate application in relation to the Cork property. Not sure what's happened with the latter, but I did see Allen in discussions with his advisors outside the Law Library around an hour ago, so it doesn't look like he's been carted off as yet.
    Actual professionals or some lads he met down the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Actual professionals - solicitors came on record the last day and counsel appeared on his behalf. I only saw the junior, but apparently a silk turned up later in the day on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

benway wrote: »
    Actual professionals - solicitors came on record the last day and counsel appeared on his behalf. I only saw the junior, but apparently a silk turned up later in the day on his behalf.

As has been the way in all these Freemen cases. Once it is they themselves that are faced with Attachment or Judgment they suddenly come to the conclusion that the British Accredited Registry aren't such a bad bunch of chaps and chapesses after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

One would think so. No doubt his followers will suggest that he is merely biding his time before confounding every lawyer, Judge and Receiver in the country with a magic recipe of words that makes mortgages disappear from a folio's pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Not atall. Them bullying outlaw brits have just forced him off of his land so they muscle in on his scheme instead. A scam, a scam I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Statutes Apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Mr Allen's organisation had issued two notices in relation to the Cork property, Lotamore House in Tivoli, one described as "a notice of fraud and barratry" and the other called a "notice of dishonour", the court heard.

These notices were described by Rossa Fanning BL, for the receiver, as "legally incomprehensible" and impossible to defend.

Mr Justice Ryan rejected an application from Mr Allen's counsel Gabriel Haughton not to impose the costs of the injunction on his client because the receiver should have informed the proposed purchaser of Lotamore House of the Allen notices and the contract of sale may not have been signed.

The receiver would then not have had to seek the injunction, counsel said.

The judge said had the receiver done that, the sale may not have gone ahead which appeared to be the purpose of these notices.

They (notices) may be served to give "some colourable justification" to unlawful trespass but it should be perfectly obvious, to lawyers or otherwise, that they did not convince anybody, he said.

It may also be the notices were being used to intimidate people into believing there was some justification for acting on them, he said.
    The mind boggles, it really does.

From the Examiner:
    But in questioning their purpose, Mr Justice Sean Ryan concluded these phony notices were a nonsense used to afford some justification to unlawful activity such as trespassing.

He said they may have the impact of intimidating some people while others such as guards and security men may be fooled when a piece of paper is waved at them.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/notices-from-anti-eviction-campaigner-allen-a-nonsense-says-judge-615755.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Cool. I presume he'll be giving everyone their money back so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

...nothing unusual there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

But in questioning their purpose, Mr Justice Sean Ryan concluded these phony notices were a nonsense used to afford some justification to unlawful activity such as trespassing.

He said they may have the impact of intimidating some people while others such as guards and security men may be fooled when a piece of paper is waved at them.

Not sure if I agree with his opinion of Guards and security men.

Would have dearly loved to been in the court for this. Delighted that this bunkem and nonsense has been outed for what it truly is, hopefully the question of any possible fraud on those people who paid to sign their properties over to this daft scheme will be addressed.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Now if we could only get the courts to stop Ben from selling 250/year copywrites for their names...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Now if we could only get the courts to stop Ben from selling 250/year copywrites for their names...
    We could all subscribe to boards and change our names to variants of his name and see what happens?

Costs a fiver.

We could all subscribe to boards and change our names to variants of his name and see what happens?

Costs a fiver.

It's a cheaper plan than mine:

- Get the Irish Times to publish my name.

- Sue them.

- Then sue Ben when the lawsuit against the IT is laughed out of court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Costs a fiver.

could be a bit like the 'im spartacus' tv ad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

returnNull wrote: »
    could be a bit like the 'im spartacus' tv ad :)

Logs onto Ben's site to trademark Spartacus.

And the name Trademark.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Oh - the internet is spreading this nonsense like wildfire alright :/

Dec 2013

Courts brace for 'Sovereign Citizens' cases
    HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Courthouse staffs in New Jersey have been warned about a possible wave of litigation by those who declare themselves outside the law, yet use it as a weapon.

Their targets are lawyers, judges and other public officials and administrators who don't give them the answers or outcomes they want.

"Some call them 'paper terrorists,'" said Jude Del Preore, trial court administrator in Burlington County, where self-declared sovereign citizens have begun making their mark after doing so elsewhere in the country.

Their preferred tactics, officials say, are to inundate the court system with lawsuits seeking fictitious reparations from government administrators and officials, unfounded property liens that can tie up sales and wreak havoc on credit and unsubstantiated ethics complaints intended to taint lawyers' and judges' reputations.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20131201/NEWS02/712019924/Courts-brace-for-Sovereign-Citizens-cases

Nov 2013

Sovereign Citizens pose dangerous, subversive threat in Tampa Bay
    "There are a lot of them here in the Bay Area and every time we deal with them we're constantly having to deal with that issue that they're adamant that they're not subject to law, so immediately from the beginning it becomes adversarial,” said MacKinnon.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/sovereign-citizens-pose-dangerous-subversive-threat-in-tampa-bay#ixzz2mJCymbim

A local story of sovereign citizens: The Tiller Boys
    KERR COUNTY -- While law enforcement agencies in Bexar County have only recently identified possible sovereign citizen activity, it has been present in South Texas for at least several years.

Charles Tiller III and Charles Tiller IV, a father and son from Kerrville, were arrested a combined 11 times from 1999 to 2010.
    Both claimed in court paperwork they were part of the "Republic of Texas", an anti-government group with sovereign citizen ties.

http://www.kens5.com/news/---Web-Extra---The-Tiller-Boys-230563051.html

I-Team: Controversial Beliefs of Sovereign Citizen Movement
    After an outburst during a court appearance, it was easy to tell David Brutsche didn't like the judge. In fact, he doesn't like any judge and he questions the very validity of the court system. Brutsche says he's a member of the sovereign citizens movement and believes local police are agents of federal tyranny.

An undercover police officer said he uncovered Brutsche's plot to kidnap officers, hold a trial and eventually execute an officer on video. In a jailhouse interview, Brutsche discussed his beliefs.

"Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they have the right to steal from people and take people's freedoms away," he said.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/24075763/controversial-beliefs-of-soverign-citizen-movement

So that's four (five if you include the one from the post above me) in two months... and there's a lot more... These guys don't just disappear...

• Advertisement

Watch this: http://video.shorelinebeacon.com/search/all/source/edmonton-sun/victim-of-freeman-on-the-land-returns-to-home/2707738487001
    Malouf said Antonacci declared the place an “embassy,” paid no rent and when it was time to leave, things went badly.

“He was trying to keep the apartment for him without paying,” she said. “That is exactly his style because he said to me, ‘you can’t put me out of here now.’ At that moment I said, ‘you better stop playing games because I’m going to tell the police and I can’t stand it anymore.’ ”

She alleged that’s when he threw her down a flight of stairs, breaking her pelvis, arm, wrist and ankle.

“I went to hospital for two months,” she said. “I can tell you one thing — that man is a very dangerous person.”

More about this: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/26/freeman-on-the-land-who-declared-rentals-sovereign-embassies-a-very-dangerous-person-former-landlady-says/

From September, also in Canada:

‘Sovereign citizen’ movement worrying officials as 30,000 claim they ‘freed’ themselves from Canada’s laws

30, 000

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/02/sovereign-citizen-movement-worrying-officials-as-30000-claim-they-freed-themselves-from-canadas-laws/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Another trust failure.

If I was Paddy Power, I'd be opening a book on who's going to catch up with Colonel Mustard first; former clients, the tax man or the Gardai.

Robbo wrote: »
    Another trust failure.

If I was Paddy Power, I'd be opening a book on who's going to catch up with Colonel Mustard first; former clients, the tax man or the Gardai.

Would be nice if Primetime came back and clarified that it's now very clear that these trusts don't work.

As for the bet, I'd wager the order will be: clients -> Gardai -> tax man

Another trust failure.

Slightly OT but the mind Boggles that they chose to borrow and were approved for such a loan in 2008. That they fell into arrears only 3 months later would suggest that the loan should ever have been granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Are the promoters of this trust charging people for access to it?

Are the promoters of this trust charging people for access to it?

depends per trust but as a rule yes...

Valentine1 wrote: »
    Slightly OT but the mind Boggles that they chose to borrow and were approved for such a loan in 2008. That they fell into arrears only 3 months later would suggest that the loan should ever have been granted.
    You see it an awful lot with the subprimes. Arrears becoming an issue almost immediately. I remember there being a widely publicised bloodbath in construction at the end of the builders holidays in 2008 yet people in the trades were still seeking and getting these onerous mortgages.

Ben™ himself appears to have been in a similar situation.

You see it an awful lot with the subprimes. Arrears becoming an issue almost immediately. I remember there being a widely publicised bloodbath in construction at the end of the builders holidays in 2008 yet people in the trades were still seeking and getting these onerous mortgages.

Ben™ himself appears to have been in a similar situation.
    These unfortunate people should have declared bankruptcy in the UK some years ago.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    depends per trust but as a rule yes...
    How is that legal!

• Advertisement

Valentine1 wrote: »

well... to put it into some sort of context...

My father worked in the same business for 15 years, and paid into a retirement/pension fund. It was a religious bookstore in the US, which he managed; one in a national chain. One day, out of the blue, they fired the entire staff and replaced them all with temps. My father was denied every cent of his retirement money because he was the "wrong" religion. This business did this to dozens of employees across the country. We were left without a proper income for almost 18 months. Shocking stuff.

But - Based on 15 years of work and no other major debts, he was offered a mortgage for a new house about 6 months before he was terminated. Luckily for us, he said no thanks.

And that was decades ago, before all of the extreme selling and loosening of the rules, etc.. etc..

Hard to judge what happened here without knowing all the facts.

Advertisement