Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Broadsheet piece on the denial of King Billy's afternoon tea party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Looks like Mr Gilroy is being given plenty of rope by the court today

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ben-gilroy-says-witnesses-may-have-been-coached-29937315.html

From what I can see Mr. Gilroy is trying to deny being served with any notice, either by hand, post, email.

He wouldn't accept a physical copy, refused to accept by post and subsequently collect it or open email attachments.

To me this looks like someone trying to frustrate the actions of the court ... the judge is playing this one carefully .. giving the lad enough ammo to point at himself.

Its about time the court made an example of this type of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Attabear wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XrPgg1ZHgU

Fairly airtight understanding of the law demonstrated here.

Doesn't recognise s.41 of the RTA '94.... Complains about the Gardai committing another creature of statute (theft) in the same video. Couldn't make the stuff up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

whippet wrote: »
    Looks like Mr Gilroy is being given plenty of rope by the court today

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/ben-gilroy-says-witnesses-may-have-been-coached-29937315.html

From what I can see Mr. Gilroy is trying to deny being served with any notice, either by hand, post, email.

He wouldn't accept a physical copy, refused to accept by post and subsequently collect it or open email attachments.

To me this looks like someone trying to frustrate the actions of the court ... the judge is playing this one carefully .. giving the lad enough ammo to point at himself.

Its about time the court made an example of this type of behaviour.

Can he really claim ignorance when all the sites that he frequents - tns radio, debt options etc - and the national newspapers whom he regularly speaks to carried the story of him allegedly being in contempt.

Also, an post don't leave those "sorry we missed you" letters at night, so only getting it Monday evening was not the fault of an post.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Robbo wrote: »
    Is that the new one with James Reilly and some nurses on the cover? Klaire's Krazy Krew have apparently a CRO receipt showing POE Limited as some form of entity. This is not helped by the CRO Search function being as useful as a marzipan dildo when it comes to acronyms and also carries the health warning that just because the CRO take your money and documents initially, this is no guarantee of issues not arising with incorporation.
    To return to this, the CRO have no record of this submission on their Individual Submission Search Facility. It may be safe to assume that POE Ltd won't be forthcoming and perhaps it's time for anyone who chipped in to start looking for refunds.

Also, their "test case" hasn't been taken through their "Special Purpose Vehicle" but rather in a names of the the poor couple from Cork who they paraded around the car park of the Four Courts. The record number is 2013/11151 if anyone's interested but nothings been filed.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Can he really claim ignorance when all the sites that he frequents - tns radio, debt options etc - and the national newspapers whom he regularly speaks to carried the story of him allegedly being in contempt.

Also, an post don't leave those "sorry we missed you" letters at night, so only getting it Monday evening was not the fault of an post.

Don't think he's claiming ignorance. I believe that he's trying to argue on the technical point that the original papers were not served on him within the Rules of the Superior Courts. I would have thought that there's a strong argument to be made that turning up in Court to make that point would cure any defect in service by the Receivers but what would i know...

I understand that Judge Ryan did say that the adjournment was technically for Mr Gilroy to respond to the latest affidavits of the Receivers but he was also urged to "consider his position" in relation to the application before the Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Comedy gold there.

Man behind Curtain describes getting back to his house, followed by Gardai.

The view from the upstairs window shows his car, abandoned partly in his front garden, mostly on the footpath. Garda car and Gardai outside.

Fast forward to filming downstairs later, calling Gardai over:
    Garda: "Hi James."
    Man behind Curtain: "Hello, have you got any consent?(x3). I don't know... Who are ye?!"
    Other Garda: The car as you can see, is being seized under section (Man behind Curtain talks over Garda)
    Man behind Curtain: "I don't recognise that!"
    *Car loaded onto tow truck*

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Total crackpot, contradicts himself over and over then gives an incorrect definition of "Criminal" and then thanks AGS for saving his life in the past!

Bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

the fact they knew you on a first name basis, 'james' says it all really

Quite liked this comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 whizzkidd

By a process of inference only, it was argued that she didn't receive independent legal advice before signing her consent over the family home so the charge is only valid as against his interest in same, not hers. The Supreme Court place importance on wives signing things they don't understand.

He stood up and said something foolish which was promptly ignored.

Thus, repossession is not immediately possible (partition and sale to satisfy a judgment mortgage may be at a later date).

The debt of 17m or whatever is presumably still owed. The bank will have to separately discharge her legal fees because she does not owe them anything.

He initially puts a coy message on Facebook, fully expecting a more accurate summary to appear in the papers.

None is forthcoming so he gives his interpretation of events full voice.

That's all speculation though.

Has anyone see the actual judgment? I have been searching the courts website and I don't see it anywhere. Just an old case in the High Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whizzkidd

Is it unusual that the judgment is not up on the court website yet? Or at least I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

whizzkidd wrote: »
    Is it unusual that the judgment is not up on the court website yet? Or at least I can't find it.

There may not have been a written judgement, as the matter was listed for the 13/11/13 and the order dated the same day, it would seem likely that it was an Extempore judgement. It would be most doubtful that a 3 person SC would produce a written judgement on the day, so if given Extempore then no written judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

moyners wrote: »

ahh .. Boo ... he was becoming far too entertaining; I suppose now we won't get to see him standing for election either now? We really need some light hearted debate around elections .. just to keep the spirits up. Sinn Fein used to provide this but now they are trying to normalise.

I suppose the upcoming court case had nothing to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You know things are bad when even the commentators on thejournal (the home to every extremist nutjob) are mocking you.....

You know things are bad when even the commentators on thejournal (the home to every extremist nutjob) are mocking you.....
    A quick glance at the Facebook of Ben's replacement indicates that he's another one with "esoteric" beliefs.

It's this Friday when Ben's due in to the HC again, isn't it?

Here's their new dear leader:

We also was a videographer for Wisdom Television:

"The programming centered around new-age entertainment, alternative medicine, and philosophy."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_TV#WISDOM_Channel

Here's more:

https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=4320310652305408&as=false&rs=false#public-profile/http://ie.linkedin.com/in/jaanvandeven

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cue the splinter party.

He has a rambling blog:

www.nomeansno.ie

Took about three minutes to find him talking about the Rothschilds.

• Advertisement

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    He has a rambling blog:

www.nomeansno.ie
    And a Facebook where he likes articles saying autism is caused by vaccines and videos promoting the Burzynski clinic's methods of extracting money from desperate cancer patients.

Robbo wrote: »
    And a Facebook where he likes articles saying autism is caused by vaccines and videos promoting the Burzynski clinic's methods of extracting money from desperate cancer patients.

Oh no. Not again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

He has a rambling blog:

www.nomeansno.ie

Is the dark grey text on a black background a way of keeping his personal philosophies secret from the elites? Completely unreadable for me...

Ha. He also has pseudonyms. Just like Ben of the clan...

"Welcome to Truth Speaks, Satsang with Jaananda For those of you who do not know me, my name is Jan Alexander Van De Ven, also Known as Kali Dass and Jaananda. “Jaan” means “life force” and “Ananda” means “bliss”. “Blissful Life Force”. Life force or the SOURCE of Life, is the purest and deepest essence of Creation. Within “life force” is an intelligent power that harmonizes “all” that it comes into contact with."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jan-Alexander-Van-De-Ven/103896041205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Here's their new dear leader:

the woo woo is strong in this one :)

Here's one of his pseudonyms FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/Jaananda?ref=profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

RainyDay wrote: »
    Is the dark grey text on a black background a way of keeping his personal philosophies secret from the elites? Completely unreadable for me...

you need special glasses!

He also offers spiritual guidance:

www.jaananda.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

He has a rambling blog:

www.nomeansno.ie

This is a particularly illuminating quote from the blog.
    the first Irish constitutional framers created a constitution that gave the people a lot of over site powers to regulate the government if they were not operating as expected.

Who knew? The state was founded by builders? No wonder we had to rip the whole constitution up 15 years later and start again. Shoddy workmanship, that's what I blame.

Advertisement