Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Des at the CLS has sent out another missive. This one asks:
    This is great, if the freeman start getting into the whole tax protestor area then that opens up a whole new vein of hilarious lunacy.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

This is great, if the freeman start getting into the whole tax protestor area then that opens up a whole new vein of hilarious lunacy.

If you dig back through this thread you'll find a lot of info in the Common Law Society. It's all pretty entertaining. ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Id love to see this play out in court:

"My lord, if you simply ignore the word "employment" from the section, then it is clear that you don't have to pay tax on employment".

Elegant in its simplicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

That man that he refers to won't get to continue his discussion as he has blocked me from his Facebook page and deleted all my posts ... Conveniently just as I had posted a firm explanation as to why his notions were rubbish !!! Maybe someone could post on the page asking why my posts were deleted and why I can't post on his page anymore!!!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Wingnuttery was used further up this thread. It is rampant.

Borrow money / pay it back;

Fail, omit, neglect, refuse to pay / face the consequences;

Earn money / pay tax.

Mob rule and legal mythology being spun by the terra firma sultans of spin ... is not a good idea.

If it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Ben tm claims that judge McGovern's ring in the Indo photo is a free mason ring. Looks like the same standard gold wedding band that I have and that my father had before me.

If Ben tm is right then I am of the illuminati. Now I know how my dad got a life membership of the RDS.

whippet wrote: »
    That man that he refers to won't get to continue his discussion as he has blocked me from his Facebook page and deleted all my posts ... Conveniently just as I had posted a firm explanation as to why his notions were rubbish !!! Maybe someone could post on the page asking why my posts were deleted and why I can't post on his page anymore!!!

Nice!

I'm blocked from multiple Facebook groups related to this nonsense for the same reason. It's good to stick your nose in and speak some truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Nice!

I'm blocked from multiple Facebook groups related to this nonsense for the same reason. It's good to stick your nose in and speak some truth.

Jesus, I don't know how you can stick it. I can barely go into After Hours without my blood pressure skyrocketing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Jesus, I don't know how you can stick it. I can barely go into After Hours without my blood pressure skyrocketing...

to be fair .. sometimes sitting in airports you'd be bored to tears and you can waste a good half hour or so.

The problem with this is that social media extends the range of these nutters .... especially as there is a massive cohort of people who believe anything they read on the inter web!!!

Scamming people really annoys me. It's a kind of inspiration I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Is it too obvious to ask them but one very small thing; if legally avoiding income tax is as simple as this then why have countless thousands of accountants, lawyers, taxation experts, barristers, politicians and laymen not noticed this in over the 90 years that tax law and policy have existed in our noble State?

I know that it will spoil the party and all of that but lads, please :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is it too obvious to ask them but one very small thing; if legally avoiding income tax is as simple as this then why have countless thousands of accountants, lawyers, taxation experts, barristers, politicians and laymen not noticed this in over the 90 years that tax law and policy have existed in our noble State?

I know that it will spoil the party and all of that but lads, please :D

They're all in on the scam, dontchaknow!

They're all in on the scam, dontchaknow!

Is that not a conspiracy? :)

Is that not a conspiracy? :)

No because Conspiracy really means "Con's-piracy", so unless you are a seafaring scallywag named Connor or maybe Conleth, then you cannot commit conspiracy.

Anyone with an ounce of freeman traning can see right through that crazy trap set up by the british accordian registry.

No because Conspiracy really means "Con's-piracy", so unless you are a seafaring scallywag named Connor or maybe Conleth, then you cannot commit conspiracy.

Anyone with an ounce of freeman traning can see right through that crazy trap set up by the british accordian registry.

Con of the family O'Spiracy

No because Conspiracy really means "Con's-piracy", so unless you are a seafaring scallywag named Connor or maybe Conleth, then you cannot commit conspiracy..

Con's-Piracy? The Law is an arrrrrrrrr-se :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

whippet wrote: »
    . especially as there is a massive cohort of people who believe anything they read on the inter web!!!

I beg to disagree.

If it was a simple as all that, simply pointing people to relevant pages of revenue.ie would deal with the tax thing.

No, the issue is the deep desire to believe in a conspiracy or secret knowledge in the first place, that someone on the internet has, despite, for example, not going through 4 years of training in tax law.

Put simply, I think it's more that people don't want to accept certain work required to acquire certain knowledge so try to pretend there's a heuristic they can use.

In this case, there almost certainly isn't.

Calina wrote: »
    I beg to disagree.

If it was a simple as all that, simply pointing people to relevant pages of revenue.ie would deal with the tax thing.

No, the issue is the deep desire to believe in a conspiracy or secret knowledge in the first place, that someone on the internet has, despite, for example, not going through 4 years of training in tax law.

Put simply, I think it's more that people don't want to accept certain work required to acquire certain knowledge so try to pretend there's a heuristic they can use.

In this case, there almost certainly isn't.

It's probably somewhere in between and certainly there's no one reason for every conspiracy theorists behaviour.

What's most frequently true, I'd suggest, is a general and increasing distrust of "government".

Many of the core concepts of society are under threat from various groups and worse still government is paradoxically too small and too big to deal with many of our modern problems. This leads to people looking for other solutions.

And of course corruption, which is not a new problem, is seen as endemic and amplified by social media.

And social media does have another effect; it treats all theories and ideas as equally valid. This has led to the rise of things like "Snopes," etc., but that in turn has led to conspiracies ABOUT the debunkers.

At this point, people know they can lie, and the lie - especially if it's popular - will be spread and believed and defended, all for free, by social media.

Just ask that secret Kenyan Muslim Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Calina wrote: »

True, but the net has exacerbated (or at least accelerated) this.

True, but the net has exacerbated (or at least accelerated) this.

Back in the pre-internet day the mainstream media was reserved for mainstream ideas. JFK conspiracies and NWO conspiracies were most typically found on mimeographed flyers handed out on street corners - appropriately.

Now the most insane conspiracies are floated on professional looking websites and frequently spread as fact on the largest social media sites on the planet.

Suddenly these insane ideas are in front of millions of eyes instead of thousands or in many cares, a few hundred.

Who knows really if people have dramatically changed or if the prevalence of these ideas has simply made them more popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Poor Des seems to have problems with the word 'or'
    I wonder if you offered him a tea or a coffee would he expect to get both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Apparently about 30 protesters holding up traffic along the quays.

Could it be our friends again I wonder?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057162719/1/#post89333166

Con's-Piracy? The Law is an arrrrrrrrr-se :pac:

You should a-polly-gise for that one

You should a-polly-gise for that one

Jolly Roger that :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was on my travels today and passed the "office" of Lay Litigation Ireland. "The Hub" is daubed onto the windowboards and there's a sign giving their contact details to gain entry, a landline and a mobile number.

I have pics if anyone's interested.

Robbo wrote: »
    I was on my travels today and passed the "office" of Lay Litigation Ireland. "The Hub" is daubed onto the windowboards and there's a sign giving their contact details to gain entry, a landline and a mobile number.

I have pics if anyone's interested.

Ah go on :)

DDI seems to be collapsing.

First Interstellar Van took over for Ben ™,JR has resigned, and now their website is offline.

LOL.

Des is at it again
    We have written extensively on this subject matter in the past. We feel it is time now to broaden the scope of the discussion some more, and get a few more People engaged in it. Therefore we would appreciate it, if you the reader would/could share this article with as many People as possible. We have a quick question set out on the facebook page “The Common Law Society”, wherein you can decide to answer a simple (yet complex) question, and/or engage in the discussion set out below the posting.

The question posed is:

If there was a "Referendum", to make Income Tax Mandatory ... Would you vote Yes or No?

The question posed takes the position that “Income Tax” is not Mandatory. In other words, if you chose NOT to pay Income Tax you can. You can opt out of paying Income Tax in the morning if you so choose.

It is a fact that Josephine Feehily the “Revenue Commissioner” admits this fact herself, in her speech at “33rd. Annual MacGill Summer School” a session entitled “Envisioning a Republic of Justice, Equality and Fairness”. http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/speeches/macgill-paper-2013.html

Josephine Feehily states: “In a representative democracy such as Ireland, the State rules by consent and, by extension, taxes by consent and so to the concept of no taxation without representation with which everyone is familiar”.

In other words, and by the words of Josephine Feehily … People pay Income Tax because of a thing called “Voluntary Compliance”. Because you VOLUNTEER to Comply to pay Income Tax … You Consent. Obviously if more People decided to opt out of Volunteering to pay income Tax, then the State and Revenue would not be happy. How would they generate the vast sums of revenue that they generate, if every Paddy, Mick and Mary were to decide in the morning, that they could no longer afford to pay the State and Revenue the ever increasing proportion of your labour, as in wages, salaries, earnings, tips etc?

The State and the Government of the day would be in a bit of a tizzy. They would probably have to go and ask the People (aka via a referendum), if it was ok to make Income Tax on their labours Mandatory. Even then they would probably come unstuck, because they could not seek to enforce a Mandatory Income Tax on those that did not vote, and/or those that did not vote in favour of it becoming Mandatory.

In examining this question we also need to consider the meanings of certain terms and words. What is Labour … and how is it defined?

At law Labour is defined as one of Mans most precious property, therefore the (fair) exchange of ones labour for wages, salary, commission or tips etc. (which are also property), is considered in law to be the exchange of properties of EQUAL value. So if you are exchanging property of equal value, no profits can be or are derived from this activity. As they say a fair exchange is no robbery. So in essence if you exchange your time, energy or effort in return for wages, salary, commissions, tips etc. then you are not liable for the thing they call “Income Tax”. This makes logical sense of course, unless you are speaking to someone who has paid “Income Tax” all their lives without checking out its validity, and/or to someone who works for/with the Revenue Commissioners.

The next thing is; who/m or what is Income Tax applicable to, if it does not apply to People who/m equitably exchange their time, energy or effort in return for wages, salary, commissions, tips etc.? In the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997, Part 2 – The Charge to Tax, Chapter 1 – Income Tax: The charge to income tax Section 12.— Income tax shall, subject to the Income Tax Acts, be charged in respect of all property, profits or gains respectively described or comprised in the Schedules contained in the sections enumerated below.

NOWHERE in the sections enumerated in the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997, does it mention that Peoples Income from the fair, equal or equitable exchange of their labour, time, energy or effort for wages, salary, commissions, tips etc. is treated as Income for the purpose of TAXATION. It does clearly state in unambiguous terms and language that “Tax under this Schedule shall be charged in respect of ALL PROFITS/GAINS arising from PUBLIC Revenue dividends payable in the State in any year of assessment”.

So what we are talking about here is PROFITS/GAINS, which are over, above and beyond anything that you fairly exchange your labour, time, energy or efforts for.

The main aspects of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997, is concerned mainly with Public Bodies, Businesses and Corporations and NOT Private individuals and People. We would challenge you to do your own independent research on this, and come back with your own findings to us, on and about anything that would or could contradict what we have stated.
    Go to: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/act/pub/0039/index.html

The other wording that you will find very common in this said act, is the word or term “EMOLUMENT”. It is used extensively as an ancillary or replacement word or term for Income. EMOLUMENT: “Any advantage, profit or gain received as a result of one’s employment or one’s holding of office”. This word is NOT defined by Revenue in their respective Act(s), and if it is, it is buried and kept well hidden.

At first glance this does not like a significant find. Until you think critically about it.

If you agree to do a job for me …
    Let’s say you agree to change the tyre on my car. The agreement might be that all the tools and materials you require for the job would be provided by me. For your end of the agreement you are providing the time, energy and skills etc. In other words, you are doing the graft. We agree that as a fair exchange (price) for your graft you will get Twenty Euro (€20). As they say “a fair exchange is no robbery”. You are getting Twenty Euro (€20) as a fair exchange for your time, energy, effort and skills etc.

The question is therefore:
    Where is the advantage, profit or gain in this exchange for you? Clearly there is none … If you EXCHANGE like for like, where is the Advantage, Profit or Gain in that? Clearly there is none, as you have received something as a fair exchange for your time, energy, effort or skill etc. i.e. the twenty (€20) euro.

What Advantage, Profit or Gain?
    If you are fairly EXCHANGING eight (8) hours of your time per day, five (5) days a week, for forty (40) weeks in the year, what Advantage, Profit or Gain do you make, get or receive? That is correct … you get no Advantage, Profit or Gain.

Would You Pay Income Tax?
    Therefore, what right has anyone to tax you, on something that you do not get, over and above the FAIR EXCHANGE of your time, energy, effort or skill? The fact is that no one has the right to tax you; because you are NOT receiving an Advantage, Profit or Gain. Although we should remember, we are living in a world where Income Tax (Emoluments) depended upon your Voluntary Compliance … in other words; you are Volunteering to comply with paying Emoluments/Income Tax. Revenue and the State depend upon you NOT knowing and or NOT understanding the meaning of these terms and words that they use interchangeably.

The old question then arises:
    If you had a choice, would you pay Income Tax/Emoluments?

The Choice is Yours.
    Information, knowledge and critical thinking can give you those choices, we think. Check this out for yourself, and we will leave it to you to decide for yourself to pay or not pay Income Tax/Emoluments, or to voluntarily comply or not.

FINALLY: We are reading every day of the discontent that is out there with the way the State and their current Government are hammering the weak, the vulnerable, the needy and the sick. They are creating a “New Poor” through incumbent taxes derived through direct and indirect (old and new) sources.

The so called middle-classes are fast becoming the new-poor. In the same measure we see and hear People marching, protecting and complaining and giving out. New Campaigns, Organisations, Protest Groups and Movements are beginning to sprout from everywhere, and might we add, seemingly getting nowhere.

That fella Ghandi (whatever you might think of him), threw out the Great British Empire with focusing that Microcosm called Salt. With a grain of Salt he took down an empire. He realised that without Salt (in India) life was unsustainable. Equally, the British Empire at that time relied very heavily on the Tax Revenue derived from the harvesting, buying, selling and trading of Salt. When he asked the People of India to harvest and exchange the Salt for and amongst themselves, without paying the Income Tax/Revenue to the British Empire, this sent a wave of fear through the Empire. This act alone was the beginning of the end for the Empire. It hit the Empire where it hurted the most … in the pocket. When the Income Tax/Revenue dried up, so too did the appetite of the British Empire to stay in India.

It is this writers view, that if we all critically considered Opting out of “Voluntary Compliance” and the Paying of “Income Tax”, this act alone would shake the very foundation of the State and their Puppet Government. Just give it some critical though, and some serious consideration. In the coming weeks we will be opening up this topic for further discussion.

Here is a call to Revenue to whet your appetite:
    http://youtu.be/tnscXlxPhSA

All the best for now,
    Des: of The Common Law Society

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Something I read on the weekend about what to do with professional McKenzie friends in the UK. It seems the Law Society over there have identified that there are fee charging enterprises who are offering their services, unregulated and uninsured. Sound familiar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Marve

This little gem is doing the rounds, a CLS promoter on a junk account enlightens us.

sCKGjFr.jpg

The comments are informing people because of this wonderful find, the Gardai can no longer seize your vehicle if you refuse to tax it.

If you get brought to court for no tax on said vehicle, they can all go as the shepherd said to the sheep when the dog died, go flock yourselves. :rolleyes:

Advertisement