Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Who is that Damian Gibney guy? He seems to turn up on loads of those woo woo pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

jd wrote: »
    Who is that Damian Gibney guy? He seems to turn up on loads of those woo woo pages.

No idea, going by his FB photos, he's mates with BenTM and Rochford (is county Meath overrun with these headbangers?) and the Rodolphus Allen crowd would appear to have done him out of some money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Tom Darcy...DDI Euro election candidate?
    Free Howth Mansions for everyone in the audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

No idea, going by his FB photos, he's mates with BenTM and Rochford (is county Meath overrun with these headbangers?) and the Rodolphus Allen crowd would appear to have done him out of some money

OOh Damien appears on a lot of of the "X says No pages" as well as pro turf cutting pages and illuminati conspiracy pages etc. I'd say you get the picture right?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

1947540_10152369546514703_1249482295_n.jpg
    A recent missive from the Judean Peoples Front for Economic Justice.
    versus
    Corresponding copy of the Gazette (Page 11)

And I believe the reality is that the issue that there were arms chanced with ridiculously restrictive contracts for sale and no warranties whatsoever as to title, despite it being possible to behave in a more reasonable manner. Banks and their agents told to cop on, normal service resumed, people have since bought repossessed properties with good title. In fact, I think it was dealt with in a more recent issue of the Gazette but then that's classic freeman bollixology: take one thing out of context, run with it, ignore the practical reality and claim that you've discovered the secret of the universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any Mr Benn Series 2 updates? Kayroo?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Any Mr Benn Series 2 updates? Kayroo?
    Day 2 is listed for today. I see Ben threw in an affidavit of his own last Friday so obviously short service is grand when he's not the one being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Statutes Apply!

Must be game on, DDI election candidate Anthony Connor has tweeted "In court for the final day of Ben Gilroy V's the corrupt system".

And we are back!

Examination of one of the security men ongoing. Will update

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Must be game on, DDI election candidate Anthony Connor has tweeted "In court for the final day of Ben Gilroy V's the corrupt system".

Good man, Kayroo

• Advertisement

Ben is on his feet now cross examining. Opens his examination again questioning the witness about how the affidavit was written. Accused the witness of being coached all week by Counsel for the plaintiff.

Also a lovely moment where Ben said he was never told by the witness that he had a court order, that he heard him say it to Charlie Allen but the witness never told him.

Gilroy throws out an ad hoc motion to strike out the witness' affidavit because he couldn't remember where he swore it.

Motion rejected, plough on gents.

Oh hang on! He's got more!

He is flat out saying Eugene F Collins wrote the affidavits and they are full of lies.

Ryan J setting him straight on how affidavits are sworn and drafted now

Has now accused the receiver of committing a criminal offense by refusing to show him the documents appointing him as receiver.

Ryan J starting to put a stop to his rambling questioning. Has told him there is only one question here: did Gilroy breach the Court order? was he served with it and did he breach it. That's it. Nothing else.
    This all came in the context of Gilroy saying that the receiver wouldn't give him documents so why did he get so upset when Charlie Allen didn't have the trust documents.

The assembled Masses-of-the-family-nonsense have stopped guffawing pretty fast

Unperturbed by Ryan Js earlier statement about the affidavit issues Ben proceeds to keep going about how they co-ordinated their evidence.

Also a weird moment where apparently someone is recording the whole thing and Ryan J had to warn everyone about contempt of court...in the midst of a contempt hearing.

Ben's ability to utterly miss the point is actually quite impressive

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Amazing stuff!

Gilroy trying to say that the receiver wasn't validly appointed and therefore he has "no standing to bring this application".

Ryan J just shut him down and said it's irrelevant, move on. Seems to be trying to keep this on track much more now.

Gilroy trying to say that the receiver wasn't validly appointed and therefore he has "no standing to bring this application".

Ryan J just shut him down and said it's irrelevant, move on. Seems to be trying to keep this on track much more now.

By the sounds of it, Ben is done for and he knows that his number is up.

How long do you reckon before it's all done?

By the sounds of it, Ben is done for and he knows that his number is up.

How long do you reckon before it's all done?

Then I'm giving a bad impression of it. He seems certain he's in the right (I disagree Obv) and that he's making lots of valid points.

Ryan J keeps trying to bring him back and tell him what the issues are before the Court but he keeps missing the point totally and goes on with whatever point he wants to make.

To be fair to Ben he's hacking away like a demon but he's not actually saying anything relevant is all. Submissions won't get done today. We could be putting this back again. Still cross examining the receiver about his deed of appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

I can see how the updates on all the idiot feeds will go now.

Ben the master has them on the back foot
    they are worried
    the judge cant handle Ben and his truth
    Ben is teaching the system how reality works

can they not just tell him to sit down and shut up?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

The Plaintiff has finished giving evidence now. Gilroy is making a sort of ad hoc discovery application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Ryan J keeps trying to bring him back and tell him what the issues are before the Court but he keeps missing the point totally and goes on with whatever point he wants to make.

To be fair to Ben he's hacking away like a demon but he's not actually saying anything relevant is all. Submissions won't get done today. We could be putting this back again. Still cross examining the receiver about his deed of appointment.

It's about time that there should be a code of practice for courts dealing with lay litigants. Lack of representation should not be licence to cause long delays, which lead to increased costs.

Lay litigants who drone on about every man and his dog should get warned and then hammered.

Then I'm giving a bad impression of it. He seems certain he's in the right (I disagree Obv) and that he's making lots of valid points.

No no, you have given a good impression and I appreciate the updates. I was considering the fact that the judge is trying to move him alone nicely in spite of his many irrelevant tangents.

In your opinion, is Ben taking the piss with the court for the laugh, is he coming over as being genuine or is this an act of arrogance?

And we are done for today.

Gilroy loses on all counts of discovery and legal subs to be done on Thursday

You're doing the lord's work, Kayroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I've to wait until Thursday for the next installment? Why can't we Netflix it?

No no, you have given a good impression and I appreciate the updates. I was considering the fact that the judge is trying to move him alone nicely in spite of his many irrelevant tangents.

In your opinion, is Ben taking the piss with the court for the laugh, is he coming over as being genuine or is this an act of arrogance?

Honestly not sure. He seems really worried but the bull**** is strong with this one.

His supporters may actually have trapped him in a way. He has to stick to his script in many ways. It was interesting when he lost the discovery application and Ryan J spoke about relevance and what the whole case was about and, particularly, the issue of law that even if the order of the court was completely void and was granted to a couple of total random chancers with no locus to take the case at all that he would STILL be in contempt for not following the order.

It was as if just then he finally got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Calina wrote: »
    I've to wait until Thursday for the next installment? Why can't we Netflix it?

With that many of his "supporters" in Court there's bound to be a video or two that'll pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

It was as if just then he finally got it.

I actually hope he spent the week researching Legal Authority, Agency, Discovery etc. haha, "Damn, I should have checked the proofs for Contempt of Court!"

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Thanks for the updates - they're really fascinating!

• Advertisement

A recent judgment, in which Hogan explains why "reckless lending" isn't a thing in Ireland.

Advertisement