Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    There's very dubious aspects of how the water meter mess is being pursued, from a consumer standpoint, and I would assume at some point someone will try and challenge it in a meaningful way again, but... this sort of protest tends to bring out the loons in Ireland... and probably everywhere...

Speaking of water meters, I saw a few social media links directing to this dropbox file.

Make what you will of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

BenRowe wrote: »
    Is the protest in Cork just freemanism or is there a real legal challenge to the water meters possible?
    I'm not sure if there would be a possible challenge to the meter installation itself, it's just a utility meter. If Irish water/the local council had some guts, they would simply move this area to the very end of the list of works and let Irish Water simply charge them what is supposed to be a more expensive flat rate until the residents ask for the meters to be installed.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

No Pants wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there would be a possible challenge to the meter installation itself, it's just a utility meter. If Irish water/the local council had some guts, they would simply move this area to the very end of the list of works and let Irish Water simply charge them what is supposed to be a more expensive flat rate until the residents ask for the meters to be installed.

I was talking to someone in this biz recently and they think there's at least one insane thing, which is:

Why does every home need a meter? Why not every neighbourhood, estate? At least at first.

That would be a million times cheaper and would allow them to phase in rates and would be basically unprotestable.

And. At this point half of the value of the meters is to the utility, as they have no idea where they're loosing all the water.

But that's all a different question than legal issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

No, but if there's a statute of limitations preventing a prosection, then there's no conviction.

This is nothing to do with prosecuting him for the hijacking. It is prosecuting him for not paying taxes on is ill-gotten gains. which has no statute of limitation.
    What evidence is there that he has the money at all?

Interesting scenario to me.

He was seen jumping out of the plane with the money in a bag. evidence enough i would say.

Beano wrote: »
    He was seen jumping out of the plane with the money in a bag. evidence enough i would say.
    Long way between the plane and the ground.

• Advertisement

Speaking of water meters, I saw a few social media links directing to this dropbox file.

Took a brief look at it last night. I'm busy with schoolwork, but the first thing that struck me was the lack of referencing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Excuse my ignorance but have the staff of this "enterprise" been called to the Bar or have they come from a bar?:)
    Any first or second year devil would kill for those cash drafting fees.
    rameire wrote: »
    The hub?
    Possibly, but a more accurate description might be the Benisphere. They've had more splits and reunions than Liz Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Robbo wrote: »

Possibly, but a more accurate description might be the Benisphere. They've had more splits and reunions than Liz Taylor.

Lol not just first or second year devils, I think most would happily do a affidavit for that payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Sorry should have expanded on my naming,

They are known as " The Hub" on facemuck.

they are located on Little Mary Street, D 7.
    They are constantly on about how they are sharing the information and getting cases thrown out, but they never have provided their names or the case names.
    They say they are open to the public.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    I was talking to someone in this biz recently and they think there's at least one insane thing, which is:

Why does every home need a meter? Why not every neighbourhood, estate? At least at first.

That would be a million times cheaper and would allow them to phase in rates and would be basically unprotestable.

And. At this point half of the value of the meters is to the utility, as they have no idea where they're loosing all the water.

But that's all a different question than legal issues.

Well because they couldn't give a toss about how much water they're losing, by all accounts installing these meters are creating even more leaks with all the digging / construction work. They don't care about the cost as it will be us that will be paying. This is simply another tax plain and simple, dressed up this time as for the good of the environment. I doubt Phil Hogan can even spell the word environment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Looks like a copy and paste from a UK campaign. I am open to correction but I don't think Irish Water is installing smart meters with real time usage information transmitted by carcinogenic electronic frequencies. Is it not installing simple 'dumb' meters?

They are constantly on about how they are sharing the information and getting cases thrown out, but they never have provided their names or the case names.

From their website.

Our Mission Statement:

We are not legal eagles, solicitors or barristers, we know nothing of the law [in the legal sense], we do however, belong to a very powerful group who are taking back control of this era, bit by bit. The likes of debtoptions, Ben Gilroy, Claire Cullinan and Direct Democracy Ireland

Get the last of the snake oil, last of the snake oil...

snake-oil_2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99s86MeRxQk&feature=youtu.be

The Ben Gilroy Show managed to get through the pilot stage and seems to have been added to the regular schedule. I'm in the office all day so I won't be able to get watch it .. probably Sky+ it and keep it for the weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm pretty sure it's them but these charlatans like to play 3 card monte with their names.

In other news, I see at the end of March, Ben started proceedings against the Receivers, Solicitors, a named Garda and the Garda Commissioner no less, arising out of the Battle of Kennycourt Stud Farm.

Also, Permanent TSB have recently recently institued High Court proceedings against a Ben and Francis (otherwise Frank) Gilroy. If this our boy, are we looking at an investment portfolio here, given that his family home is mortgaged with one of the Subprimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I'm pretty sure it's them but these charlatans like to play 3 card monte with their names.

In other news, I see at the end of March, Ben started proceedings against the Receivers, Solicitors, a named Garda and the Garda Commissioner no less, arising out of the Battle of Kennycourt Stud Farm.

Also, Permanent TSB have recently recently institued High Court proceedings against a Ben and Francis (otherwise Frank) Gilroy. If this our boy, are we looking at an investment portfolio here, given that his family home is mortgaged with one of the Subprimes?

Isn't judgement due tomorrow on Ben's contempt hearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

This post has been deleted.
    Heard a snippet of something similar on Radio 1 the other day. Something something "tried to give the contractor my notice of non-consent and the guy said he didn't want it" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭ooter

Ben gilroy said in a recent radio interview that he repossessed his brother's (frank?) repossessed house and is currently renting it out.
    He also said the brother in question is now in Australia.

Isn't judgement due tomorrow on Ben's contempt hearing?
    The 29th I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Hard to figure, it does seem that Lay Litigation Ireland is someone other than one of the main movers and shakers.

I'm have heard tell of someone who does drafting for the bould Jeremiah "Michael Davitt" Beades, and may well be involved with this racket - he's never passed the bar that I'm aware of, on any given level.

But afaik certain other well known parties have been keeping themselves in pocket money through offering legal services for a while now: for people who express such distaste for lawyers, they seem to be awfully keen to start practising themselves.
    other news, I see at the end of March, Ben started proceedings against the Receivers, Solicitors, a named Garda and the Garda Commissioner no less, arising out of the Battle of Kennycourt Stud Farm.
    Taking a wild guess that Ben™ forgot to check s.17(2)(g) of the Defmation Act. Although knowing him, it's more likely he's trying to cash in his multi-millions on one of his famous Notices of Intent and Claim of Right
    , Permanent TSB have recently recently institued High Court proceedings against a Ben and Francis (otherwise Frank) Gilroy. If this our boy, are we looking at an investment portfolio here, given that his family home is mortgaged with one of the Subprimes?
    Seem to recall him bragging in one of his internet radio appearances that his brother had done a runner to Australia on a mortgage, so Benjamin™ went in, changed the locks and started renting the place out, guessing this may be it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi. Someone posted a judgment on here a few months ago. It was a US or Canadian case that debunked this whole issue. I haven't the time to go through this entire thread to find it. Could someone post another link to it? Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Hi. Someone posted a judgment on here a few months ago. It was a US or Canadian case that debunked this whole issue. I haven't the time to go through this entire thread to find it. Could someone post another link to it? Many thanks.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Brilliant. Thank you! And yes, I am about to spend my Saturday night reading it. :-)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Brilliant. Thank you! And yes, I am about to spend my Saturday night reading it. :-)
    There are few better ways to spend a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Oh sweet Jebus.

https://www.facebook.com/attackthetax

Dear Shareholder of Acorn to Oak Communications PLC.,

We have had a number of calls and emails expressing concern that you were
    unable to make a donation for the ongoing work in relation to Attack The Tax,
    and the ongoing litigation. We had mistakenly omitted the IBAN number details
    of the account. Here are the FULL details you require to make your donation(s).

Donate to / Fund your company: Acorn to Oak Communications PLC
    at Bank of Ireland, Portlaoise. NSC 901888 Account number 27781476.
    IBAN : IE09 BOFI 9018 8827 7814 76

Make cheques and postal orders payable to ACORN to OAK COMMUNICATIONS PLC.

Remember
    • The case is ongoing. As shareholders you are NOR required to register. You have legal privilege.
    • You must reply to the relevant authorities clearly stating “I do not consent” if contacted.
    • If in doubt consult the website for templates for letters and new information.
    • HELP us by funding the company, time or other help as well as recruiting new members.
    • We Need Funds and are actively fundraising.

WE NEED YOUR HELP:
    While the officers and directors of the PLC are giving freely of their time & energy,
    the company cannot run on fresh air. We would be grateful for any donation, no matter
    how small. We suggest a realistic figure of €50 per shareholder. If you and/or your business
    can make a larger donation that will be put to good use, and the allocation of all funds will
    be fully accounted for at the next AGM.

We have decided to increase the share subscription to 10 Euro for NEW shareholders
    to reflect the actual cost of issuing individual shares & maintaining the Share Register.
    NOTE: Existing shareholders will NOT be affected by this change, in any way.

REVENUE THREATS
    Michael Gladney has been sending letters giving 14 day Notice of intention to deduct
    property charges from wages, bank accounts ,tax refunds etc.. It is Absolutely Essential
    that you respond IMMEDIATELY to this threat REFUSING TO CONSENT to same. If you do
    nothing you will have consented by ACQUIESCENCE

Even if you have done so previously, you must once again respond & REFUSE CONSENT
    and you must also DIRECT your employer, bank, building society, NOT to deduct monies
    without your Written Consent. Sample letters are in “DOWNLOADS” on the website .

Remember to take copies and get Certificates of posting from the Post Office. In order to
    prevent Michael Gladney and his ilk from causing FEAR, WORRY and PSYCHOLOGICAL UPSET
    to the people of this island. It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that that a new case be instituted
    against the actions of the Revenue Commissioners, their servants and agents in this regard.
    Hence the urgency and our request for such funds as you can afford, and being aware of
    financial pressures being imposed by this government. However, at this juncture we either
    have to put up or shut up.

TOXIC WATER METERS
    You will be aware that the people are beginning to wake up to the massive deception that has
    been imposed upon them. A growing number of people are physically protesting in Cork and
    Dublin against the installation of water meters by another QUANGO namely Irish Water. As you
    know, the case that we have taken on your behalf is also against the water charges and other
    stealth charges. The grounding legislation is based on the Household Charge, and when that
    falls all other such charges also fall.

You may not be aware that the meters being installed by the lackeys of Irish Water have a
    CLASS 2 B CARCINOGENIC rating and apparently they emit Electromagnetic Radiation which
    may prove to be a serious health risk, with the potential of causing breathing, psychological
    and other physical problems. Furthermore, they are so called Smart meters, because they
    collect date on your household habits and transmit same to third parties without your consent
    in breach of Data Protection Acts.

You should be seriously concerned about the installation of these Toxic water Meters which
    have been BANNED in countries such as Australia, Switzerland and large portions of the
    United States. You should consider setting up similar small groups, & become shareholders
    in the "Attack The Tax" Special Purpose Vehicle, to present a united front against this Draconian
    Government which is only interested in enslaving the families of this country for generations to
    come. Make copies of this letter to inform people of the up to date situation.

PETER ANTHONY KEEGAN
    A number of people have asked about the current position of the case against Peter Anthony Keegan.
    The case has been adjourned an unprecedented number of times in Mayo over the last 2 Years.
    More recently the case was adjourned again for a further 12 months, as the State do not have the
    LAW to proceed to prosecute him. The State knows it and so does Mr. Keegan.

WAR CHEST
    We appreciate that these are difficult times, but it is necessary to establish a “War Chest” to allow
    your company to proceed with litigation, to protect the interest and rights of the shareholders of
    which there are many thousands.

We are actively fundraising at the moment and we will be holding a number of events. If you
    have any suggestions or ideas for any event please feel free to contact us at the above number.

The case against the House hold charge/property tax 4731P is on appeal to the Supreme Court
    ref 366/13. We are now at a situation where we must proceed with this case so as to protect the
    rights and legal privilege of YOU the SHAREHOLDER.

Donate to / Fund your company: Acorn to Oak Communications PLC
    at Bank of Ireland, Portlaoise. NSC 901888 Account number 27781476.
    IBAN : IE09 BOFI 9018 8827 7814 76

Call us on: 086 2411 888
    Email us at: info@attackthetax.com

The Directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

While the officers and directors of the PLC are giving freely of their time & energy,
    the company cannot run on fresh hot air.

Fixed his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Just a quick one to the resident Freemen experts. What exactly is the significance of typing certain words in capitals in Freemen drivel? Is it just to show emphasis or does it have some special Freeman significance? Its just that I have seen it appearing in multiple threads on boards usually linked in someway to Freeman ideas or related to conspiracy theories.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Just a quick one to the resident Freemen experts. What exactly is the significance of typing certain words in capitals in Freemen drivel? Is it just to show emphasis or does it have some special Freeman significance? Its just that I have seen it appearing in multiple threads on boards usually linked in someway to Freeman ideas or related to conspiracy theories.

REAL significance? None.

Make believe significance, well... it probably varies from nut to nut... most of it has to do with the idea that there's "legal entities" that represent some other wonderful/sinister thing...

but the truth is, it's all just random nonsense... you'd have to ask the person what they think it means to know ... and even then...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Like all things fremen, it probably has its origins in something that they saw in a solicitor's letter.

For example, solicitors will usually put "TAKE NOTICE" in capitals to make the important bit stand out. I assume the fremen have read into it more than was ever actually intended.

Advertisement