Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The start of a new legal term and some busy times for our favourite vexatious, donation seeking autodidactic litigants.

Sure, Attack the Tax may be looking for a few extra quid but think of the huge sums of cashmoney you're going to win when they defeat de Gubbermint. If ever a 17 horse accumulator was a sure thing, it's throwing your lot in with Des Carty. Eternal salvation or triple your money back.

This was in the Independent last week. Seems that there was a blizzard of nonsense ads taken out by the Freemen, some of which defamatory enough to warrant a grovelling reply from the paper.

Ben, of course, is in the High Court again today. No doubt whatever the outcome, it will have been the powers that be trying to stop his European electoral juggernaut that's powering ahead to 1% in the polls. His main gripe with Europe is that "crazy laws" mean our "turfcutters can't turf".

Not to be left out (and aside from reforming the Land League sans the reanimated corpse of Davitt), Gerry/Jerry Beades is due in the Supreme Court in relation to a long running matter where IIB are after him.

4 week suspended sentence. Costs against Gilroy (he seemed astonished at this).

Apparently he petitioned the Oireachtas to impeach Ryan J and suggested Ryan should recuse himself. Ryan disagreed.

Appeal imminent it seems.

There was also a little political speech about banking cartels and what not but that's more or less it. Written judgment up on courts.ie soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Indefinitely on condition of not being in contempt again which seemed odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Was there a good audience of apostles?

• Advertisement

Was there a good audience of apostles?

Nowhere near the previous crowd. Bit rowdy at one point when they expressed their disbelief that he had to pay the receivers costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

He has indicated on fb that he may not pay costs "4 week suspended sentence and they are looking for costs Well good luck with that one."

How quickly are costs expected to be paid, and what is the process if they aren't paid. Is it up to the receivers to chase him or does the court system expect to be paid directly by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

He has indicated on fb that he may not pay costs "4 week suspended sentence and they are looking for costs Well good luck with that one."

How quickly are costs expected to be paid, and what is the process if they aren't paid. Is it up to the receivers to chase him or does the court system expect to be paid directly by him.

Do you have link to the page?

There are so many of these Facebook pages popping up all the time I now find it nearly impossible to locate the active discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I would pay good money to watch the sheriff repossess Ben's possessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Do you have link to the page?

There are so many of these Facebook pages popping up all the time I now find it nearly impossible to locate the active discussions.

Bens own page.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.gilroy.96?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Costs against Gilroy (he seemed astonished at this).

If he can't pay his debts, if someone brings a bankruptcy petition and if he is adjudicated bankrupt, he will be ineligible to be a member of Dáil Éireann. Also European Parliament or Local Authority iirc.

If it hasn't happened to Mick Wallace, I wonder if anyone would bother with Gilroy in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

From one commentator on there:

We have a plan for REAL justice. As DDI is effectively the 5th largest party in the land for these elections, they are really working HARD to ignore us- but, like an AVALANCHE, DDI is UNSTOPPABLE. We have a way of putting proper, people- overseen, JUSTICE in place.

:eek:

:confused:

:D

Although not as daft as this genius...
    Bet any money this will be all over the papers. Worded to make Ben and DDI look like a criminals.

Well........why was he in court again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

If he can't pay his debts, if someone brings a bankruptcy petition and if he is adjudicated bankrupt, he will be ineligible to be a member of Dáil Éireann. Also European Parliament or Local Authority iirc.

If it hasn't happened to Mick Wallace, I wonder if anyone would bother with Gilroy in this way.

Law is about to be changed on that front, in time for current lot of elections. Some constitutional case was being brought too.

Costs too much money for so little in return. Most people who are bankrupt do so themselves as a means of relief from their creditors.

That is true.

Calina wrote: »
    Law is about to be changed on that front, in time for current lot of elections. Some constitutional case was being brought too.

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/law-change-will-overturn-ban-on-bankrupts-running-for-dail-seats-30146856.html

Wanted to add that I am not ultimately in favour of the change particularly as I think the discharge period is no longer 12 years, but...

It's an unfair restriction. It does creditors no good to restrict the earnings or job opportunities of the debtor. Proper order to change it.

It's an unfair restriction. Proper order to change it.

Key objective of such a law was to prevent corruption I think. They definitely had similar in the UK, don't know if they have changed there though.

• Advertisement

Key objective of such a law was to prevent corruption I think. They definitely had similar in the UK, don't know if they have changed there though.

I edited my post there.

The restriction on corruption element by restricting office-holding is gone badly out of style. The UK introduced particular anti fraud elements to their legislation and got rid of blanket restrictions on holding offices iirc. We are only fixing our legislation because The Troika told us to do it.

I edited my post there.

The restriction on corruption element by restricting office-holding is gone badly out of style. The UK introduced particular anti fraud elements to their legislation and got rid of blanket restrictions on holding offices iirc. We are only fixing our legislation because The Troika told us to do it.

Ms Godsil seems to be taking the view that it's all her doing.

Ms Godsil seems to be taking the view that it's all her doing.

I haven't read her case report, so I don't know.

I was talking about the government commitment to the Troika concerning personal insolvency laws in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You may not be aware that the meters being installed by the lackeys of Irish Water have a
    CLASS 2 B CARCINOGENIC rating and apparently they emit Electromagnetic Radiation which
    may prove to be a serious health risk, with the potential of causing breathing, psychological
    and other physical problems. Furthermore, they are so called Smart meters, because they
    collect data on your household habits and transmit same to third parties without your consent
    in breach of Data Protection Acts.

They really need to be taken to task over untruths and scaremongering like this.
    That above paragraph is disgracefully inaccurate.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Heroditas wrote: »
    You may not be aware that the meters being installed by the lackeys of Irish Water have a
    CLASS 2 B CARCINOGENIC rating and apparently they emit Electromagnetic Radiation which
    may prove to be a serious health risk, with the potential of causing breathing, psychological
    and other physical problems. Furthermore, they are so called Smart meters, because they
    collect data on your household habits and transmit same to third parties without your consent
    in breach of Data Protection Acts.

They really need to be taken to task over untruths and scaremongering like this.
    That above paragraph is disgracefully inaccurate.

But it's all true on a very literal level. As far as I know, the only things that don't emit electromagnetic radiation are subatomic particles (these don't emit electromagnetic radiation, they are electromagnetic radiation) and theoretical unobservable matter (e.g. anti-matter). Enda Kenny's left buttock probably emits more electromagnetic radiation than a water meter.

Likewise, they probably are highly carcenogenic. If you eat 3 water meters per day, you will probably get cancer!

Finally, they do collect data (water use) and do transmit it to third parties (Irish water will send this info to the local authorities, the commission for energy regulation and the environmental protection agency). This is done without your consent, although I suppose it is not in breach of the data protection act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

But it's all true on a very literal level. As far as I know, the only things that don't emit electromagnetic radiation are subatomic particles (these don't emit electromagnetic radiation, they are electromagnetic radiation) and theoretical unobservable matter (e.g. anti-matter). Enda Kenny's left buttock probably emits more electromagnetic radiation than a water meter.

Likewise, they probably are highly carcenogenic. If you eat 3 water meters per day, you will probably get cancer!

Finally, they do collect data (water use) and do transmit it to third parties (Irish water will send this info to the local authorities, the commission for energy regulation and the environmental protection agency). This is done without your consent, although I suppose it is not in breach of the data protection act.

Haha, very true about the radiation! Talk about a play with words.
    Regarding the transmission of data though, it would only be in breach of the act if it was personally identifiable and misused for anything other than what it is supposed to be used for, e.g. Marketing purposes.
    The likes of the CER certainly don't have information on individual households' gas and electricity consumption. They obtain aggregated figures alright but wouldn't know what you or I personally use. They certainly don't care either!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Donal O'Riordan (Fis Nua candidate for Europe, apparently) disseminating some scientifically verified facts on his FB page (the optimistically titled MEPIrelandSouth)....

1977136_10152368135758554_7818485654019357665_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Why don't we tell them that these meters filter the fluoride out of water?

Some brilliant misrepresentation, misunderstanding, propaganda and flat out scandalous statements in this press release about today.

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/black-day-irish-judicial-system/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why don't we tell them that these meters filter the fluoride out of water?

The world would end in a puff of logic

Advertisement