Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

rameire wrote: »
    Ben of the Family Gimproy put the following up on his facemuck

Big Tings Darcy has the following on his facemuck

are they spoofing again and understanding it in their own magical fairyland way I wonder.

Looks like this was in before the Master of the High Court today. I don't know the details but I would say that the Master routinely strikes out Bank cases every day for the most spurious of reasons.

A victory in that particular court is no victory at all for a Defendant. An appeal from the Masters Court merely brings the matter before a judge. The Bank would have been looking for the case to be transferred to the Judges list anyway so by way of transfer or appeal, the case still goes before a High Court Judge to be decided upon.

However, there is the possibility that some point could have been raised by the Defendant but I would be sceptical....

I'm reliably informed that Tom has gotten himself an English barrister to represent him.

That's right folks: Tom "dem Engerlish banks wot are coming here taking our land" Darcy hired an English lawyer to represent him and not an Irish one.

Was it for this Constant Marxbrothers died in Merrion Square?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I'm reliably informed that Tom has gotten himself an English barrister to represent him.

That's right folks: Tom "dem Engerlish banks wot are coming here taking our land" Darcy hired an English lawyer to represent him and not an Irish one.

Was it for this Constant Marxbrothers died in Merrion Square?

follow the money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

They must have money to burn at €1800 a nomination.

If they were paying for their obligations they mightn't find it so easy

Easy stumping up €1800 when you haven't made a mortgage payment for 5+ years and you're still in the house!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nothing new to us in the Phoenix piece about Ben but it did manage to nicely sum up his modus operandi. Paraphrasing, they said he shows up, starts a conflict with a receiver/sherriff, spouts pseudo-legal waffle, declares victory on video when the long term effect is the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Ben of the Family Gimproy put the following up

One thing is fairly sure - litigants in person do not get costs, just expenses eg stamp duty, swearing fees, postage. So either he was represented by lawyers who got it struck out with an order for costs, or he represented himself and didn't get costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

MIRIAM FREEMAN Case
    High Court
    Tues. 13th May
    10.30am
    Judge McGovern

one for tomorrow

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

The DDI circus is on the move ... In the main ring with VinB will be the wanna be MEPs proclaiming their magical potions and slight of hands. How they are sending shockwaves through the global banking system and the grand conspiracy of the media destined to ignore them.

Hopefully Ben and Tom will explain more of this 'Odious' debt FACT that they are banging on about and maybe they might read further than the first couple of lines on the theory of odious debt ... But the busy schedules of rocketing to 1% in the polls probably means they don't have time to get past executive summaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Big Ben's contribution last night was fairly limited .... to summarise

- mention of 'Odious Debt' .. this is his new buzz word - pity he doesn't really understand the actual theory and legal standing of the term
    - He will 'kick on doors' rather than knock on doors in Europe
    - Personal attack on the Foot-in-mouth labour candidate Lorraine Higgins
    - A lot of waving and pointing of a rolled up piece of paper
    - A waring to the rest of the political class that DDI is after them and powering away in the polls.

The last polls I have seen has Bill, Tom and Jan at around 1% in the polls. Ben was 50/1 to be elected on Paddy Power while Tom and Jan were at 100/1 and 250/1 respectively. I'd say the establishment is bricking itself !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ben's on Newstalk atm, plenty of mention of sheriffs, invited listeners to search for videos on YouTube of him "standing up to sheriff", failed to mention that this then landed him in court.

Where are they hiding Jaaaaaan, haven't heard a word out of him at all during the campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ben's on Newstalk atm, plenty of mention of sheriffs, invited listeners to search for videos on YouTube of him "standing up to sheriff", failed to mention that this then landed him in court.

Where are they hiding Jaaaaaan, haven't heard a word out of him at all during the campaign.
    Oh Jaaaaanananananan is still about. He's extended the DDI philosophy of "Have ALL the Referendums" to include over riding EU Law. So, given that he thinks the Doctrine of Supremacy is a take-it-or-leave-it thing in EU Law, we can assume he hasn't quite reached page 3 of his Ladybird Guide to the European Institutions. Or perhaps he knows this and is advocating a withdrawal from the EU but just doesn't want to admit that he owes more to UKIP than he'd care to acknowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Pretty much the first thing he did was to invite people to look him on youtube to see his apparent victories against the Sheriffs. After that he was mostly ranting against Fine Gael and asserting that we need people in Europe who will fight Europe and austerity.

He sounded like the typical malcontent candidate you get in all elections, not a total looney but nothing that would resemble an actual policy.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

whippet wrote: »
    - A lot of waving and pointing of a rolled up piece of paper

MIRIAM FREEMAN Case
    High Court
    Tues. 13th May
    10.30am
    Judge McGovern

one for tomorrow
    Report of Day 1. Looks like they're actual pros since the end of February, rather than Ben & Associates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Robbo wrote: »
    Report of Day 1. Looks like they're actual pros since the end of February, rather than Ben & Associates.

Anyone else find it funny that their surname is actually Freeman?

Really falls into the "you couldnt make it up" category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Anyone else find it funny that their surname is actually Freeman?

Really falls into the "you couldnt make it up" category.

I know I almost made more of a fool of myself than usual when I looked at a link and thought the poster had done a search for "Freeman" and came up with a case involving a person called Freeman, not about freeman, thankfully I read a bit of the case before looking like a twat, and discovering it was in fact both.

I was reading this report when the name of the group rung a bell. Not to take away from the serious issues that the Doctor is raising but we now know what Francis of the Family Cullen is up to these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was reading this report when the name of the group rung a bell. Not to take away from the serious issues that the Doctor is raising but we now know what Francis of the Family Cullen is up to these days.

Also seems the good doctor has an axe to grind with the Gardai

Ben will again be the Defendant on June 23rd when Permo are taking an action against him in the High Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Just got this through the door in Galway, I might have laughed a bit at the "As seen on youtube"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

johnciall wrote: »
    Just got this through the door in Galway, I might have laughed a bit at the "As seen on youtube"

I think Ben is just using this whole campaign as an opportunity to pimp his youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

hardCopy wrote: »
    I think Ben is just using this whole campaign as an opportunity to pimp his youtube channel.

Which is odd, considering the fact that he's totally not a freeman and it's all a load of nonsense according to the man himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It beggars belief why a group that doesn't seem to believe in legislation was invited to a discussion on legislative changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

From the DDI Facebook page, a photo of Ben Gilroy's campaign van parked in a disabled parking space. I suppose a straw man parked it there ;)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=772936949413837&set=o.377156652349263&type=1&theater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This post has been deleted.

Sure why wouldn't a politician park there; sure they crippled the country on us in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭ooter

Strategically placed there for publicity methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Got a "Declaration of War" leaflet through the door this morning from Tom Darcy, DDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

maybe we should print out those return to sender stickers that say we dont hold an international treaty with them and we dont consent, and stick it back in the post.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Ben's canvassing for election votes is gonna cause a lot of headaches and existential issues when the flesh and blood men and women realise that they will have to assume their Strawman capacity to vote.

Advertisement