Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

I saw a few minutes of Tom Darcy and Raymond Whitehead on Prime Time (Freaks & Geeks Unit) last night - Tom giving out yards about an interviewer not knowing what securitisation (sp?) was and Ray just said "illegal loans" over and over.

David McCullagh was trying desperately not to laugh - the camera had to keep cutting away from his smirks when Tom D was asking him about his mortgage and how it had been securitised and made illegal.

What struck me most about the pair of them though, was BOTOX - seriously, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ben's canvassing for election votes is gonna cause a lot of headaches and existential issues when the flesh and blood men and women realise that they will have to assume their Strawman capacity to vote.

Am I the only one here who foresees Ben and the DDI candidates declaring themselves to have won suits regardless of the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Am I the only one here who foresees Ben and the DDI candidates declaring themselves to have won suits regardless of the results?

Odds of them claiming proper procedure wasn't followed when they don't get the result they expected?

If I was the returning officer having to deal with any of these candidates I'd be sure to have an extra big box of Aspirin on hand.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Odds of them claiming proper procedure wasn't followed when they don't get the result they expected?

If I was the returning officer having to deal with any of these candidates I'd be sure to have an extra big box of Aspirin on hand.

In Dublin and Cork, the City Sheriff is the returning officer. It won't be at all pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Boom__Boom wrote: »

At this stage id honestly feel a little let down by them if they didn't whinge about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Essien wrote: »
    At this stage id honestly feel a little let down by them if they didn't whinge about it.

Bring back the Count to oversee the count!

the-count-sesame-street.jpg

One vote, two vote...
    ezra_pound wrote: »
    Bring back the Count to oversee the count!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Times are good over at The Hub, they're opening a new branch in Galway on Lower Abbeygate St. I think the unit may have been the former site of a head shop.

Robbo wrote: »
    Times are good over at The Hub, they're opening a new branch in Galway on Lower Abbeygate St. I think the unit may have been the former site of a head shop.

Does that mean that they have gone to pot? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Our good friend Claire Cullinane actually managed to be elected in Cobh to Cork County Council. Expect hilarity.

Other stars of this thread weren't as lucky; a last minute meeting with the Bilderberg group couldn't help Tom D'arcy to poll more than 1.1% of the first preferences and it looks like Ben has been similarly oppressed.

• Advertisement

Our good friend Claire Cullinane actually managed to be elected in Cobh to Cork County Council. Expect hilarity.

Other stars of this thread weren't as lucky; a last minute meeting with the Bilderberg group couldn't help Tom D'arcy to poll more than 1.1% of the first preferences and it looks like Ben has been similarly oppressed.

Whatever about Cullinane being elected locally, I am actually shocked that DDI candidates got as many votes as they did.

Still, look on the bright side; the threat of war has receded as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What??? Surely there's a zero missing from the end of that number. :pac:

Heroditas wrote: »
    What??? Surely there's a zero missing from the end of that number. :pac:

That would be creating votes. Fractional reserve voting is an international conspiracy. Would you have voted for someone if you knew they were going to securitise that vote and make more profits? Yeah, thought so...

That would be creating votes. Fractional reserve voting is an international conspiracy. Would you have voted for someone if you knew they were going to securitise that vote and make more profits? Yeah, thought so...

Is that they have went and done with all those birth cert/bonds; bought the electorate?

One of our fugitive freemen is now North of the border.

I presume this means papers will have to be served "For Codd, in Ulster". I make no apologies.

Not even the infamous BAR which Freemen despise so much? :)

Judgment to be delivered today in Freeman -v- BOSI by McGovern J.

• Advertisement

Claim was dismissed in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I didn't know where else to post this but thought it might be of interest to regulars who followed the Freemen of Ballyphehane and their offbeat capers.

Former Freeman Banksy/Gearóid Ó Bruác'Abáinn - curator of the Druidic Law of the Cosmos, defender of Cork, Chakras and the Foetus of Eire - is now Gerard Banks (Nutrition and Fitness Expert).

His latest series of videos involve promoting a miracle snakeoil health juice called MonaVie - a real-life, actual, straight-up, pyramid scheme or, in gentler terms, multi-level marketing or relationship marketing product.

Tellingly, the UK site carries a statutory earnings warning about misleading claims around earning potential. Here are some links about MonaVie being a pyramid scheme:

http://www.juicescam.com/
    http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/monavie-scam/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonaVie#Pyramid_scheme_allegations

I don't think this first video needs much introduction but viewers of a sensitive disposition should note that he does take his top off after about 2:20 (his business partner joins in the topless banter around the 6 minute point):

The Equality Cork YouTube channel has also branched out from shouting "OUTLAWS" at Emergency Services personnel in Cork to cover some of this stuff, including a compelling treatise on the science of sports recovery, which features an unfortunate misspelling of a graph axis (and a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Mrs. Brown at 1:53):

At some point, if it hasn't already, the scales are going to drop from the eyes of the Freeman supporters and they'll see the ideologues of the movement for the opportunists they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Sacksian wrote: »
    shouting "OUTLAWS" at Emergency Services personnel in Cork
    Please tell me this didn't happen. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

No Pants wrote: »
    Please tell me this didn't happen. :eek:

From a few months ago.
    This vid is damn weird, actually quite disturbing.
    New one from Equality Cork...

No comment necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

From a few months ago.
    This vid is damn weird, actually quite disturbing.
    I never realised that the Gardai in Cork were so restrained that you can call them "disgusting scum" and "thieves" and threaten to hang them and they will just ignore you. :eek:

Going to watch another video or two on their YouTube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Report here

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2014/0530/business/couple-lose-court-action-against-lender-270406.html
    He ruled the securitisation of the loans was properly effected by BoS and rejected the claims BoS’ title to the loans was affected by the cross-border merger of Bank of Scotland Ireland Ltd and Bank of Scotland Plc. After the merger took place BoS "stood in the shoes" of BoSI and was the proper body to appoint a receiver over the properties.

The Freemans also failed to establish BoS breached a voluntary Central Bank code in regards to securitisation. Non-compliance with the statutory code would not relieve a borrower from their obligation under a loan to repay the lender or deprive the lender of its rights and powers under the loan agreement, he added.

BTW had to laugh when Tom D'arcy was on Primetime before the elections going on about his prosecuting AIB - Dave McCullough: "So in other words you made a complaint to the Gardai?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I didn't know where else to post this but thought it might be of interest to regulars who followed the Freemen of Ballyphehane and their offbeat capers.

Former Freeman Banksy/Gearóid Ó Bruác'Abáinn - curator of the Druidic Law of the Cosmos, defender of Cork, Chakras and the Foetus of Eire - is now Gerard Banks (Nutrition and Fitness Expert).

His latest series of videos involve promoting a miracle snakeoil health juice called MonaVie - a real-life, actual, straight-up, pyramid scheme or, in gentler terms, multi-level marketing or relationship marketing product.

Tellingly, the UK site carries a statutory earnings warning about misleading claims around earning potential. Here are some links about MonaVie being a pyramid scheme:

http://www.juicescam.com/
    http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/monavie-scam/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonaVie#Pyramid_scheme_allegations

I don't think this first video needs much introduction but viewers of a sensitive disposition should note that he does take his top off after about 2:20 (his business partner joins in the topless banter around the 6 minute point):

The Equality Cork YouTube channel has also branched out from shouting "OUTLAWS" at Emergency Services personnel in Cork to cover some of this stuff, including a compelling treatise on the science of sports recovery, which features an unfortunate misspelling of a graph axis (and a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Mrs. Brown at 1:53):

At some point, if it hasn't already, the scales are going to drop from the eyes of the Freeman supporters and they'll see the ideologues of the movement for the opportunists they are.

I want to look away.. but I can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

AFAIK it's not an arrest warrant, it's an attachment order, which is what causes the difficulty.

Seems that in these kinds of cases cases this means that a European Arrest Warrant can't be issued.

Certainly, the UK legislation refers to a warrant from the country seeking extradition being required...

Also, awaiting with baited breath DDI's follow up on their report of the motion to dismiss.... http://directdemocracyireland.ie/breaking-news-mortgage-securitisation-finally-sent-for-full-trial/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The Banksy & Sikora show. These guys' talents must be limitless.

I see that their guest is a nine year old boy called Eric Lassard.

Same name as the police commandant in Police Academy.

That's one clever kid, though.

At one point, Banksy says that Saint Patrick burned "all the Irish history books at the Hill of Tara."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

benway wrote: »
    AFAIK it's not an arrest warrant, it's an attachment order, which is what causes the difficulty.

Seems that in these kinds of cases cases this means that a European Arrest Warrant can't be issued.

Certainly, the UK legislation refers to a warrant from the country seeking extradition being required...

Also, awaiting with baited breath DDI's follow up on their report of the motion to dismiss.... http://directdemocracyireland.ie/breaking-news-mortgage-securitisation-finally-sent-for-full-trial/

Is it not a bench warrant for failing to appear in court?

Advertisement