Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This post has been deleted.

There was a property auction yesterday of some assorted apartments, units and a few houses. Under the guise of the new Land League, Ben and his minions did their disruption lark again and the auction was deferred, thus proving for once and for all that auctions are evil and corrupt and against common law, freemasons and consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I've read this thread with interest. I know a few people who spout some of this stuff, from the just don't consent part to the capital letters, contract etc. also got chatting a few months back to someone involved I the anti eviction thing, ofcourse the said person has taken a huge morgtgage out back in 2006.
    More worrying was one person who refused to register their child... I mean for gods sake.
    I do find it interesting to a point though, surely all these people can't be complete idiots... Maybe some people just feel helpless against the state and the world they are born into. I hav e found a few of the you tube videos quite entertaining though... Challenging the guards is not always a bad thing, especially if they are focused on enforcing taxation etc and not criminal....
    This whole movement seems to be gaining support though doesn't it, a lot of people are on about it, but then i suppose people like David icke have gazillions of followers, it doesn't make it any more plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

dharma200 wrote: »
    I do find it interesting to a point though, surely all these people can't be complete idiots...

100% correct there are very very few true idiots in the world

Most of those involved are desperate and vulnerable.

The remaining minority are unscrupulous and immoral and seek nothing more than personal gain, typically monetary but often societal and/or political.

The recurring pattern among these movements is that despite what social ideals they purport to pursue on behalf of their followers, the vulnerable and desperate get burnt, and those in charge find new desperate pawns to fuel their "walter-mitty" agendas.

I've no issue with challenging Guards in appropriate circumstances, or Judges, or Sheriffs or whoever you genuinely believe may be mistaken as to fact or law.

However, not one of the videos on Youtube or anywhere else challenging such people to "provide their oaths" or to "walk the plank" or to whatever nonsense they come up with serves to do anything but waste tax payers time and money, and harms any genuine efforts being made by sincere people to affect meaningful change and help those in need. In fact most of the time its some guy trying to get off a fine for driving at 80 mph through a housing estate, or some such selfless reckless act. "Where's your Oath Judge?" "I don't consent to Road Traffic Legislation"

But for one reason I'm actually glad to see the "freemen" movement and other such groups in Ireland, its a nice social club for middle aged men to meet up, and engage in meaningful discussion and make videos and pat each other on the backs etc. That's great!

I really am delighted for them that they have that social aspect to their lives and are involved in a club where they share similar interests etc and can develop meaningful friendships with others.

But when certain of those people decide to branch out, and take it beyond a "role playing game" and somehow decide that the idle chit-chat over a few cups of tea and biscuits qualifies them to charge people who are literally at "breaking point" (and beyond) financially and to sell them non-sense advice, either knowing it is in fact non-sense, or not caring that it might be, and therefore likely cause terrible consequences to those people as a result, Well, that is the most despicable and morally abhorrent type of crime in my view and one that should be met with the firmest and unrelenting form of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Jerry Beades and his motley crew up to more of their tricks here.
    Mr Beades said that 150 members of the group “decided to pay them a visit” after they “failed to cooperate”, and had paid to enter the auction before some “pushing and shoving” broke out.
    - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/auction-of-mostly-distressed-properties-cancelled-following-protest-30370699.html#sthash.MSTnVVvR.dpuf

They really do come across as scumbags / bullies of the highest order.

The 2 bits I've highlighted above are pure "I'm the gang-leader and no-one better dis me".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

He'd make a better role model, that's telling you something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Seems they have some of these madmen up north as well, my utmost sympathy to the judge having to listen to this guff...http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/temp/brothers-who-claimed-moneys-not-real-lose-mortgage-appeal-30370156.html
    In a reference to monetary exchange rate systems, Mr Justice Horner added: "Indeed, they make the bold claim that following the abolition of the Gold Standard and the making of the Bretton Woods agreement, that there is now no such thing as money, only currency exchanges."

All grounds of challenge by the brothers were dismissed for having no legal or factual basis, including a contention that they were both the creditors and the debtors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

The sane people are starting to fight back: Irish Times

This should be hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Depends. Does he also have a ****-hand?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Allsops are now running their auctions online, I presume to avoid the protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

"i'm not racist ... but .... " classic line !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"Hungry" Tony Rochford has been battling against the water meters.

It seems he's relying on that old half truth about your property extending to the middle of the road, a USA style "rugged individualist" notion of Article 40.5 and completely disregarding the phrase "save in accordance with law".

Pseudo Legal Non-Sense Advice is going no-where as a career, sitting in auctions all day isn't much fun, elections are kind of tough to win (it turns out), contempt of court isn't really a serious option again, so what's next?

Chem-trails? Not a conspiracy theorist though, definitely not a conspiracy theorist.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203238778682573

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Pseudo Legal Non-Sense Advice is going no-where as a career, sitting in auctions all day isn't much fun, elections are kind of tough to win (it turns out), contempt of court isn't really a serious option again, so what's next?

Chem-trails? Not a conspiracy theorist though, definitely not a conspiracy theorist.

I... I mean... I just.... I... wow.
    The lack of self awareness is stunning

Attached image is from further down that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sad news that Ben Gilroy daughter was diagnosed with leukemia in the bone marrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

What a fu¢king moron.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Here's a recent judgment from Belfast where two indebted brothers tried to raise the holy trinity of Freeman arguments;
    • Money isn't real
    • Securitisation means that the mortgage is unenforceable
    • We aren't the droids you're looking for (you want the legal fictions)
    The appellants made their submissions politely and articulately. However, there is no legal or factual basis for them. They have reached an agreement with the bank and it is difficult to understand why the appellants in those circumstances decided to spend hard earned money running an appeal without any obvious merit. This is a difficult area of the law and the appellants have been unable to grasp some legal principles which are fundamental to the law of property. For whatever reason they have decided to make a root and branch attack on the law of mortgages which, on reflection, they may feel was ill-advised. It is an approach which will have adverse financial consequences regardless of the appellants’ motives as the bank will no doubt seek to recover the costs of the appeal. The bank will be able to do so under the terms of the mortgage. In any event, I would have made an order, if asked, for the appellants to pay the costs of the bank.

Robbo wrote: »
    Here's a recent judgment from Belfast where two indebted brothers tried to raise the holy trinity of Freeman arguments;
    • Money isn't real
    • Securitisation means that the mortgage is unenforceable
    • We aren't the droids you're looking for (you want the legal fictions)
    Money isn't real but it doesn't stop them from borrowing it. I love that logic.

• Advertisement

More non-sense:

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/5426c47e2c87c57a80257d11003496dd?OpenDocument

3. While the plaintiffs have filed an affidavit in support of these claims, it has to be said that the nature of the averments are not the easiest to follow. In many respects the plaintiffs – who are litigants in person - have perfected a style of legal writing which can, without any disrespect, be fairly described as a pastiche copy of the high style of the 19th century pleader. Almost any number of the thirty three paragraphs of this supporting affidavit could be cited for this purpose, but the opening paragraph may serve to give a flavour of what was later to come

“This Honourable Court should in all that is Equitable and Just grant all reliefs sought by the Plaintiffs on foot of the Defendants’ unlawful intentions, actions and collusions to wilfully steal the Plaintiffs’ property and wantonly destroy their business.”

4. Much of the remainder of the pleadings and affidavits filed by them is in the same vein. It turns out that the principal argument now advanced by the plaintiffs is that the defendant Bank did not advance them loans of money at all, but rather that it illegally created currency, so that – or so the argument runs - there is no valid contract of loan.
    Thus, in their replies to particulars of 18th October, 2013, the plaintiff’s state:

“The Bank of Scotland monetized our wet inked signed promissory notes/loan offers for their benefit and they were monetized with intent.”

5. They had also claimed in these replies that if these defendants “cannot produce the real wet inked signed original promissory notes/loan offers and cannot produce the real wet inked signed deed of mortgage they are in breach of their alleged contract and are liable.” I should add that the defendants offered to bring the original mortgages into court and did in fact do so.

You beat me to it with that one. Where does a laser printer stand in terms of producing wet ink? One thing that's making me twitch with rage when reading the quotes from that is the Americanised spellings used by the plaintiffs.

I've found another marvellous crank litigant-in-person that I'll do a little feature on later. He's a mix of Michael Caine (the nosey Neighbour) from the Fast Show and Clifford T Reid.

Des Carty / Attack-the Tax's latest missive on how to stop water meters being installed. Again he's encouraging people to assert they have title as far as the middle of the road and to use Land Registry maps to demonstrate this.

Problem is, the Land Registry's view on the matter is:
    “Where registration is made to the centre of a road or stream, the map is not to be taken as conclusive evidence that such, portion of same is included in the property”

It's worth reminding ourselves of the pricing structure Des' Common Law Society operate:
    Telephone appointments: A minimum donation of €40 per 15 minutes is required.

Office appointments: A minimum donation of €90 per 30 minutes is required.
    Cash or Paypal only, naturally. For €120 they'll research the law on up to two points of law and send you a PDF of their findings, presumably in green crayon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

What's with the use of "donation" isntead of what it seems to be, a payment. They're not registered as a charity or any kind of tax exemption scheme are they?

Robbo wrote: »

It's worth reminding ourselves of the pricing structure Des' Common Law Society operate:Cash or Paypal only, naturally. For €120 they'll research the law on up to two points of law and send you a PDF of their findings, presumably in green crayon.

Or for €5 you could go to the PRAI, to give them their proper name, and just look it up yourself correctly in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

John Squires (whose property features in a few Ben v The Guards videos) gave the following update on facebook yesterday.

"I was up in trim court today the bank was trying to get possession of my home my good friend Ben Gilroy came to my aid and ripped the barrister a new arsehole and served him balls on a plate"

Anyone have the details of what actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

"I was up in trim court today the bank was trying to get possession of my home my good friend Ben Gilroy came to my aid and ripped the barrister a new arsehole and served him balls on a plate"
    Why is the Court giving Ben Gilroy an audience?

You see this in the High Court as well. Rules regarding right of audience not being adhered to, with friends and family members appearing, admittedly without protest from the other side. Surely time to clamp down on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

BenGilroy wrote:
    "We have been having some success in the courts in recent times. Now we are about to slam Bank of Ireland in the Masters court this Monday morning, before judge Brian McGovern"

He seems especially confident, perhaps one of you legal people can pop in and report back.

• Advertisement

He seems especially confident, perhaps one of you legal people can pop in and report back.

McGovern doesn't sit in the Masters Court. McGovern will likely take the Chancery Special Summons list so maybe they have a repossession argument ready.

Advertisement