Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The signal went dead mid sentence. Could it be that the freemen have finally harnessed the awesome power of

The next bastard who flushes the toilet once more is gonna ge

• Registered Users Posts: 22,284 ✭✭✭✭Esel

To contract is to shri

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

10399980_340158569474264_5786268230610741838_n.jpg

The "implied right of access" trope is being revived to "defeat" the water meters. What's more sad is that that this person is so lacking in ambition that they only want to charge €700 for violations. No true Freeman would ever let their rights be violated so cheaply. €5000 minimum, cashmoney.

Bonus irony points for the possible use of trademarked logos without consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Bastards!!!!!!!!!

Nicked my idea of the sign accepting contractual terms by knocking on the door.

I will see them in the court of Gaia where the penalty will be... okay I'm bored already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Robbo wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/10399980_340158569474264_5786268230610741838_n.jpg[/im] The "implied right of access" trope is being revived to "defeat" the water meters. What's more sad is that that this person is so lacking in ambition that they only want to charge €700 for violations. No true Freeman would ever let their rights be violated so cheaply. €5000 minimum, cashmoney. Bonus irony points for the possible use of trademarked logos without consent.[/img]

Just knock on the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ken wrote: »
    Just knock on the window.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

This anti-water-charge pic is doing the Facebook rounds, too.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/88579/319028.jpg

319028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Holy fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hippo wrote: »
    Holy fcuk.

Why are you shocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The "implied right of access" trope is being revived to "defeat" the water meters. What's more sad is that that this person is so lacking in ambition that they only want to charge €700 for violations. No true Freeman would ever let their rights be violated so cheaply. €5000 minimum, cashmoney.

I was jogging yesterday and noticed a few of these signs on peoples windows.

I know someone who put this up too and he firmly believes it will protect him. Is there anything I can show him to explain that this is bull?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

is "acceptanced" even a word?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Beano wrote: »
    is "acceptanced" even a word?

Its perfectly cromulent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Its perfectly cromulent.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest Freeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

meanwhile over at the Hub .. they are claiming that they have tricked a bank in to sending a mortgage holder (in arrears) back the deeds to the property ... as in Free House .... a little sketchy on the details but apparently free houses for everyone ... terms and conditions apply etc ..

https://www.facebook.com/irishselfhelpzone?fref=ts

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Doing the rounds at the moment.....
    They cannot turn off your water on an individual basis...no consent means no consent....no contract means no contract....by returning all paperwork marked no consent no contract you have made it clear to the company that you do not want to enter into a contract with them. You have the right NOT to consent to anything that is not in your best interest. You have the right NOT to enter into any contract with anybody. Bank details.... sought by the company are now considered to be a sustained effort to trick you into a contract. The individual whose name is on the paperwork even if they are representing the company is open to prosecution and a civil action can be taken against them as they have committed Postal Fraud. You have the right to redress through the courts. If the company persist in installing their equipment to your property then the individuals involved in the installation including any Gardai who aid them can also be cited by name in any action taken by you. It is worthwhile checking out the Nuremberg Defense.....hope this is helpfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

the Nuremberg Defense

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Oryx wrote: »
    Doing the rounds at the moment.....

bizarre isn't it .. I have colleagues who I'd consider to be fairly smart who are falling for this nonsense !! ... nearly as annoying as the clowns who 'like and share' all day long on Facebook with the fruitless hope of winning a €2 voucher for a shoeshine in Borrisokane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do they have even one single case where a judge let a defendant off because they refused consent to anything? I'm sick of hearing that word and I only follow this thread, Id say we're going to see a judge explode some day over this crap.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

WTF is Postal Fraud anyway and can someone please explain what the Nuremberg defence has to do with this?

Its makey uppey 'lets sound legal' claptrap. And its annoying me too, how many otherwise sane people are sharing this bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Oryx wrote: »
    WTF is Postal Fraud anyway and can someone please explain what the Nuremberg defence has to do with this?

Its makey uppey 'lets sound legal' claptrap. And its annoying me too, how many otherwise sane people are sharing this bs.

Well they are talking about company representives being civilly liable for postal fraud (let's skip that detail for the moment) and not just the company and they are claiming that someone working for Irish Water can't say "I was just following orders". This defence was used post war in the Nuremburg trials for the Holocaust. It did not work there.

With regards to the postal fraud, someone else is going to have to figure out what that's about because whoosh over my head/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Those recent declarations of war are coming back to haunt Team Ben; DDI are apparently terrorists.

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/ddi-and-anti-tax-groups-are-now-terrorists/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,284 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Those recent declarations of war are coming back to haunt Team Ben; DDI are apparently terrorists.

That's mad, Ted!

The OASA definition (f), I mean.

Not your ornery onager

I'm sure their detailed research will discover how many anti-tax groups have been the subject of supression orders in the 75 years that's been on the books. In fact, they might want to research exactly how many organisations in total have been subject to a supression order.

I'm sure their detailed research will discover how many anti-tax groups have been the subject of supression orders in the 75 years that's been on the books. In fact, they might want to research exactly how many organisations in total have been subject to a supression order.

To be fair that's not the point. I'm hardly an apologist for Freemen or DDI but they're actually not wrong on this one on a basic level. Pretty much everyone bar successive Supreme Courts thinks the OASA is a joke and a huge infringement on civil liberties.

Just because it hasn't been used improperly doesn't mean it couldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

To be fair that's not the point. I'm hardly an apologist for Freemen or DDI but they're actually not wrong on this one on a basic level. Pretty much everyone bar successive Supreme Courts thinks the OASA is a joke and a huge infringement on civil liberties.

Just because it hasn't been used improperly doesn't mean it couldn't be.

Who's everyone? I think its a great bit of legislation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

So basically, the phrase "terrorist" is so uncertain that it could apply to anyone, including DDI, yet "employment" defined as obtaining reward for services (or whatever they keep prattling on with) doesnt apply if you pretend you are a space alien and so doesnt apply to DDI.

Well at least they are consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

And more selective interpretation...

320048.jpg

And more selective interpretation...

320048.jpg

Do they open up random law books and interpret the open pages to suit their whims?

• Advertisement

Advertisement