Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The land league are picking on the security company involved in that eviction from a couple of days ago. I won't link to their FB page but I have to say it's a new low for these creeps to attack somebodies livelihood like that. A genuinely disgusting act on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Essien wrote: »
    The land league are picking on the security company involved in that eviction from a couple of days ago. I won't link to their FB page but I have to say it's a new low for these creeps to attack somebodies livelihood like that. A genuinely disgusting act on their behalf.

Is the New Land League or Land League Awakened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

hardCopy wrote: »
    Is the New Land League or Land League Awakened?

or The Anti Eviction Task Force, Eviction Alert, The Hub .... it make the United Left Alliance seem very focused.

The problem is that with social media anyone can just set up a Facebook page and call themselves a group of activists and claim all sorts of nonsense .. just look at the infamous Jeff Rudd .. sets up United People on Facebook and he writes the nonsense and his wife 'likes' it and he can claim that he is leading a revolt of the people !!

Now that you mention it, I don't know. There's too many of these groups to actually know who's 'official' and who's not.

Now that you mention it, I don't know. There's too many of these groups to actually know who's 'official' and who's not.

official .. you must be having a laugh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

This conversation reminds me of something

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The whackjobs have officials now. Oh my days.

I use that word very loosely in this context :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just saw a cracker from Ben on the PropertyPin, an old one now but a classic:

https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/549769328389975
    Work this out.It has me baffled.........law firms charge €67,000 per eviction, bank then bills dept of Finance for said €67,000. (which we pay through the exchequer) Then the bank (having been repaid) claim it as a loss (I kid you not) and this is written off against future taxes/profits thus costing you (through the exchequer) another €67,000. Total so far €134,000 then sell the house at a loss of €100,000 plus €100,000 interest due (bet you have it figured at this stage) cost to you/exchequer €200,000. total so far €334,000, then these people have to be housed presuming they go on a rent allowance scheme @ €500 per month x 12 months= €6,000 per year for 10 years even is another €60,000. Total €394,000 per house x 1000 house's = €394,000,000 (394 million) per bank x 10 banks, AIB , BOI, NIB, PTSB, RBS, TRUSTEE, ULSTER, EBS, SMART MOR, etc = €394,000,000,000 (394 billion) and this is without interest of inflation! Think about this for a while longer than they thought about the bail out.... thats right you are paying that too on top of all this

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

^^^is any of that based on any semblance of fact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Oryx wrote: »

Sworn on the sovereign seal of Ireland, so it has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Ben Fact trumps all other facts.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I'd love Louis of the Family Theroux to visit Ballyphehane - he'd get some great material from a few days with Banksy and the outlaws dude. It must be the maddest place in Ireland.

I'd also love someone to write a book on their etymological gymnastics. They are genuine world leaders of the Freeman community in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

https://www.facebook.com/awaken.bailefeitheain?fref=ts

Not exclusively freeman stuff, but it's there. Some really disgusting accusations and nonsense here though. Very hard to read and not get very annoyed.

Tesco.

Every little (thought out idea) helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That place has to be the oddest f*cking town in the whole country. Are they still holding show trials?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

One of Ben's more vocal supporters, a lady from one of those oddball border mentality places, had a Facebook group that was dedicated to abusing receivers and security staff. Real nasty stuff; home addresses, mobile numbers, personal connections etc.
    That place has to be the oddest f*cking town in the whole country. Are they still holding show trials?
    I hear they've invested in a large scales to determine whether women are witches by balancing them against ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

Thargor wrote: »
    Just saw a cracker from Ben on the PropertyPin, an old one now but a classic:
    Work this out.It has me baffled.........law firms charge €67,000 per eviction, bank then bills dept of Finance for said €67,000. (which we pay through the exchequer) Then the bank (having been repaid) claim it as a loss (I kid you not) and this is written off against future taxes/profits thus costing you (through the exchequer) another €67,000. Total so far €134,000 then sell the house at a loss of €100,000 plus €100,000 interest due (bet you have it figured at this stage) cost to you/exchequer €200,000. total so far €334,000, then these people have to be housed presuming they go on a rent allowance scheme @ €500 per month x 12 months= €6,000 per year for 10 years even is another €60,000. Total €394,000 per house x 1000 house's = €394,000,000 (394 million) per bank x 10 banks, AIB , BOI, NIB, PTSB, RBS, TRUSTEE, ULSTER, EBS, SMART MOR, etc = €394,000,000,000 (394 billion) and this is without interest of inflation! Think about this for a while longer than they thought about the bail out.... thats right you are paying that too on top of all this
    https://www.facebook.com/AntiEvictionTaskforce/posts/549769328389975

so 394 million multiplied by 10 equals 394 billion?

Would this be an example of fractional reserve bullsh!t?

mrs vimes wrote: »
    so 394 million multiplied by 10 equals 394 billion?

€394 billion? That's a lot of bonded birth certs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Not really. Much of this is common sense/knowledge but there's no harm spelling it out.

law firms charge €67,000 per eviction
    Possibly true although I imagine it actually varies from case to case based on any number of factors.
    bank then bills dept of Finance for said €67,000. (which we pay through the exchequer)
    Not true. Banks, even state owned ones, do not bill the exchequer for individual repossession proceedings. If they have significantly more operating losses (from bad debts or otherwise) than already provided for then the exchequer might need to recapitalise the banks but the expectation of that being necessary has receded. But there is a sense that, because we own almost 100% of some of the banks, any expense they incur is money out of our collective pockets in dividends or capital appreciation forgone.
    Then the bank (having been repaid) claim it as a loss (I kid you not) and this is written off against future taxes/profits thus costing you (through the exchequer) another €67,000.
    Not true. If you are making losses it stands to reason that you don't pay profit tax but if the bank has paid €67,000 then €8,528 of that is making its way to the exchequer as VAT (ignoring out of pocket components) at some point along the value chain and, even if the bank gets to reduce its profit tax bill by €6,809 (net at 12.5%) as a result of these legal expenses it will still be at least partially offset by increased profit tax paid by the legal firm and its suppliers.

Total so far €134,000 then sell the house at a loss of €100,000 plus €100,000 interest due (bet you have it figured at this stage) cost to you/exchequer €200,000.
    Not true. The act of selling the house doesn't give rise to a loss. The loss arises when the borrower stops repaying according to schedule and the value of the collateral falls below the outstanding loan balance. This loss will have been booked years previously and the act of selling the property will just give rise to an accounting shift from a provisioned loss to a realised loss. As above the loss is notionally a loss for the tax payer to the extent that the individual bank is state owned, and may need to be actually paid for if capital shortfalls need to be made good, but forcing a sale will in most cases minimise increased losses rather than causing them.

total so far €334,000, then these people have to be housed presuming they go on a rent allowance scheme @ €500 per month x 12 months= €6,000 per year for 10 years even is another €60,000.
    Partially true but mostly rubbish. It's a stretch to say that anyone who can't keep up mortgage payments couldn't make rental payments and even more so to assume that they will be need rent allowance for 10 years. In most cases you have to assume that the rental allowance will be lower than mortgage repayments that are being forgone. Now the rental allowance comes directly from the exchequer and the mortgage repayments forgone would have been going to the banks but against that you need to weigh the likelihood of further recapitalisations being necessary if repossessions aren't allowed to create a realistic deterrent.
    Total €394,000 per house x 1000 house's = €394,000,000 (394 million) per bank x 10 banks, AIB , BOI, NIB, PTSB, RBS, TRUSTEE, ULSTER, EBS, SMART MOR, etc = €394,000,000,000 (394 billion) and this is without interest of inflation! Think about this for a while longer than they thought about the bail out.... thats right you are paying that too on top of all this
    As Mrs. Vimes has pointed out above arithmetic doesn't seem to be Mr. Gilroy™'s strong point.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yet another case where a lay litigant tried the old securitisation argument amongst others.

Jerry Beades' unsuccessful arguments feature int he judgment and, much like Jerry before him, he refused to acknowledge the receiver and tried to trouser the rent due to him in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ben Gilroy™
    law firms charge €67,000 per eviction
    Possibly true although I imagine it actually varies from case to case based on any number of factors.

ive seen costs in relation to solicitors and repossessions and none have gone above 10k

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

rameire wrote: »
    ive seen costs in relation to solicitors and repossessions and none have gone above 10k

Of course because Ben Gilroy is a liar. Surprise surprise.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rameire wrote: »

He probably saw the bill in a freeman case where they made loads of unnecessary applications etc thus driving up the costs.

He probably saw the bill in a freeman case where they made loads of unnecessary applications etc thus driving up the costs.

I was actually thinking something along these lines. I've seen bigger bills of costs but only where there's been a bull**** argument like the Freeman case.

The Hub, when not donning their tinfoil hats and claiming that Facebook are censoring them, have created this wonderful letter where they demonstrate that they have no idea whatsoever the difference between private and public companies.

They're also on a particularly vindictive and nasty vendetta against one solicitor where they're looking for his home address and phone number. I sincerely hope that Gilroy, Beades and the rest get a visit from the Gardai.

It seems that they interpret everything to suit their agenda at the time.

they previously accuse the Irish Government of being a Corporation . but that seems to be ignored in their letter.

I have been blocked from all of their facemuck pages at this stage .. but genuinely I am a wee bit concerned with the uncensored posts concerning individuals. I am sure some of the threats are from keyboard warriors .. however it just takes one mad man thinking he has the backing of a legit grouping of idiots to do something crazy.

I'd love to know if Ben Gilroy is actually collecting Job Seekers Allowance, as I am full sure he isn't in any way actively looking for employment and all the while collecting 'donations' for his many groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

whippet wrote: »
    I'd love to know if Ben Gilroy is actually collecting Job Seekers Allowance, as I am full sure he isn't in any way actively looking for employment and all the while collecting 'donations' for his many groups.
    Wasnt there some talk from him years ago about it being a conspiracy of some sort making people sign and collect their benefits from the Post Office instead of just paying it into a bank account?

Advertisement