Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Fairview/Ballybough?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,
    This coming academic year I'll be living on the Fairview end of Richmond Road and was wondering where to go as my new local.

Any recommendations would be great
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cusacks on the North Strand. Lovely spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cusacks is excellent and Gaffney's up in Fairview is good too (to be avoided on Dublin GAA days, though I suppose that applies everywhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

The Players Lounge;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gaffneys is streets ahead of the other pubs in the area imo. the pint is cream but like another poster said; avoid on match days

further up on the malahide road in fairview/marino is kavanagh's, thats a grand spot too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Surely Meaghers or the Clonliffe House ;)

Great spots on a match day but don't know what they'd be like any other day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Cusacks gets my vote anyday.

Heard the Players Lounge is a hot spot alright :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Living in Fairview right now. +1 for the Meagher's. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

The bar in Tolka Park ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

FYI the players lounge is now back open :-) just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

realies wrote: »
    FYI the players lounge is now back open :-) just saying.

Didn't look open earlier. The door looks to be hammered shut.

I'd recommend Kavanaghs just on the M'hide Road. I'd usually say Graingers, but the smell of piss/toilets the whole time is really off putting. In the 7 years I've been drinking there, the toilets have always been cleaned with some foul, nasty pine disinfectant. I'm just expecting better these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement