Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just my 2 cents here. Ive got insurance too and wouldnt be without it (petinsure.ie) as it suited me and my situation. I get quite a good discount where i work, but its surgery thats the crux for me as i know how costly these procedures can be ( as im discovering today).

If, like me, you're not the best saver to know you have a financial lifeline at hand is so reassuring when something unexpected occurs...but...read your policy,EVERY BIT OF IT!

Insurance may seem like a waste of money,frivolous,annoying etc to pay for...but TRUST ME, when you are landed with a bill of €1500 for lifesaving treatment to save your animal you will be thanking your lucky stars you have it and dont have to decide between your pets life or how you're going to pay off a bank loan for 2 years.

I have seen too many people bawling their heads off when getting this news and reality sinks in...even grown adult,stoic men who have no savings and dont want to choose between a mortgage payment and their dogs vital operation. It happens!!!

Every policy is different..read them as boring as it is. It'll take an hour of your time.It will not be the vets fault or the insurance companies fault when it comes to the time your pet needs medical help.Vets are there to help, but wont work for free (why should they), insurance companies provide a service (but want to make money too).

I nearly cancelled my policy a few weeks ago but didnt and i cant tell you how much im patting myself on the back here for being so sensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, can really see how it would give you peace of mind will be getting in contact with one of the companies in the next couple of weeks. Still trying to decide which one though :confused:

I did exacty that and waited while " researching" and it cost me a sAvage amount; my dog was terribly ill in the meantime. Go online and email both petinsure and Allianz and say that you re trying to decide between them and their competitor and can they email their coverage letter/ small print conditions with a quote so that you can compare. It's standard practice; they do it all them time. And then choose & buy one. Don't be dithering!!!

If you are disguising the fact that you dog is part Staffie for a dangerous dog disclaimer they will find out and refuse to pay ; that's their business; they have people and systems in place to check these things; so don't waste timE & money & your pets health chancing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

+1 for Allianz
    Good to deal with and process claim quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I'm with 123.ie. The policy was cheaper than all other insurers and the excess isn't too bad (€69). That said, a friend is with them too. After a claim the premium went up very significantly.

I couldn't be without insurance, there's no way I'd be able to afford Vets fee's if my dog was in a serious accident.

Advertisement