Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog found this morning at 6:40

• 11-08-2011 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Morning all,

I was just on my way to work when I found a dog on the last roundabout (sorry, can't think of the name at the moment) from the Ennis by-pass before the motorway to Shannon. Meaning, going from the Clarecastle roundabout towards motorway....

It seems to be a male elderly collie, no visible injuries, a little limp though. The phone number on the collar seems to be disconnected.

If anybody recognises this phone number:

065 - 68 29 255

The name "Misty" is on the tag.

I've taken the day off work now to get the poor lad sorted. If anybody knows anything or can help, please ring or text my mobile 087 753 0744.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

If you call the Eircom operator (dial 10 on a land line) they will look up the number for you. They often ask for a reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭heathercat

Thanks. Unfortunately Eircom is not helpful :( I rang them and all I got for an answer after explaining the situation was:

"Sorry, no, the number seems not to be connected. No, we cannot do reverse lookup, even for the Garda!"

Well! :(

Right, I have contacted upteen places. Now we have to wait and see.....

Poor lad. He's so gentle and quiet. If nothing happens in the next 2 hours, I'll take him to the vet to have him quickly checked, make sure he's not in pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Fair play to you for taking the day off work to look after this dog!

I'm a pagan. All said! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Might be good to let the Clare ISPCA Dog Warden, Frankie Coote, know you have the dog as anyone missing the dog may check with Frankie or the pound on the Gort Road.

http://www.clareanimalwelfare.net/html/dog_pound.html
    Clare Dog Warden Details

Clare ISPCA Dog Warden

Mr Frankie Coote

Co Clare Dog Pound Details

Clare County Dog Pound

Gort Road Industrial Estate

Ennis

Co Clare

• Advertisement

Contacted Frankie
    contacted SCARClare
    contacted Garda
    contacted Charles Kenny and off to see him now. Misty seems shakey and a swelling is showing on his right front leg.

Thanks for all your input, fingers crossed!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

You could ring all the vets in town and ask them have the got an elderly male collie named Misty on their books? They could ring their clients for you to check are they missing their dog?

Found these in the directory. Don't know are there more?

owne Frances Veterinary Surgeon
    Add to shortlist

Creggaun Doora Ennis Co. Clare

(065)6822237

Costello, Ml MVB MRCVS
    Add to shortlist

31 Lr Market st Ennis Co. Clare

(065)6820100

Judge, Eugene MVB MRCVS
    Add to shortlist

Station rd Ennis Co. Clare

(065)6822222

Hassett, Patk MVB MRCVS
    Add to shortlist

U1 Clare Marts Quin rd Ennis Co. Clare

(065)6829992

Bright Blessings to all you friendly peeps! :)

Happy Ending: Misty was reunited with her (!) owner at 11 a.m. at Charles Kenny's vet clinic. Thanks to Clare FM, the owner was found. She heard the message on Clare FM and rang them to get my mobile number. She reached me as I was at the vet's waiting for him to get back to check the dog since the left front leg is broken.

And yes, Misty is a female (dooh!) elderly (10 years old) collie, I now know.

Me off to work for at least half a day.

All's well!

Fair play to you! Good deed done, Lucky Misty! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Gerard93

Will done Heathercat fair play to you, glad to hear happy endings!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Well done Heathercat ! in a week where there has been so much depressing coverage of the London riots and looting, it is great to hear some good news. It reaffirms my belief that there are lots of very good, generous and kind people out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kainzed

[After a long day I'm Delighted to read the happy ending. Well done !!!
    My family took in a stray 3 months ago. No one claimed her despite advertising in the shops in Roslevan. 4 weeks after my Dad took her off the road she gave birth to 3 GORGEOUS pups. All have good homes lined up .No, ones ones where they are left alone for hours a day !!
    Not a chance would we let any dog go into the pound in Ennnis. The conditions are horrific. Its dog control, not dog care. It upsets me that my dog licence fee goes towards such an unloving uncaring establishment. But still my friends dog got free & they didnt put it down within 48 hours.

kainzed wrote: »
    Not a chance would we let any dog go into the pound in Ennnis. The conditions are horrific. .....

I sadly have to agree with you on this one. I was there twice, 2 years ago. Once to see if there was a similar program in place as in Germany (where I come from), where one can sponsor a dog and walk it after work and on weekends. I cannot have a dog, I work full time and leaving a dog for 9 or more hours alone at home goes against all I believe in.

When I stepped inside the building, the stench of urine was overwhelming and made me gag. If a human nose smells this, can you even BEGIN to imagine what a canine nose must endure????? Further, the kennels were wet, cold, concrete and with 5 dogs in one kennel, there was ONE wooden pallet with a blanket for the dogs to lie on. Only 2 dogs had room on it. The rest had to lie on the cold concrete floor. Needless to list the number of aches, pains and inflictions that will surely follow.

Oh, and the toilet for humans wasn't all that apetizing either!

I feel like donating trusted good old "Urine Off". That would certainly help with the smell *sigh*

We offered volunteer work of any kind, even willing to sign a waiver form for any injuries etc. Our offer was firmly declined. Well, what can I say? *shrug* I am used to animal shelters that appreciate any time, food or money donated. Be it an hour a week, a can of dog/cat food, 1 Euro in the collection box, or anything else. In the big supermarkets there are containers just passed the check-outs where you can leave cans of pet food or cat litter or anything else you may have purchased in the store out of the goodness of your heart. These containers are emptied by the local animal shelter volunteer workers every other day.

Oh well, as everywhere else..... as long as the law considers animals as "objects", like books or cars, and children are not educated in the care for fellow creatures, not much will change.

End of rant.... (note to self: Must play lotto to win the jackpot and open my private animal shelter!)

Happy weekend! :)

Advertisement