Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Stove ,Confused!

• 11-08-2011 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi
    Was hoping some one with experience of the following stoves can help me choose one of the 3 stoves i am interested in , i need to heat a sitting room of 4.5mt by 5.7mt by 2.9 mt and also about 9 rads plus copper cylinder ,here is the list i have narrowed it down to 1}Inis Meain 2}Stanley Erin 3}Blacksmith Forge. Any advice would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Sligo Stoves and Fireplaces

The Inis Meain is a fully Irish made and manufactured steel bodied stove. Very high quality unit with good heat outputs. The Stanley and Blacksmith would both be chinese manufactured cast iron stoves.

When you say about 9 rads, do you have more than 9 or is there double panel rads in the house? You will need to know the heat requirement for the system in order to get a stove to heat it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Hi thanks for your reply,i have 19 rads in total but ther zoned into 4 zones wit about 5 on each zone i would probably be only turning on one zone and cylinder coil at any given time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I've been told that the Inis stoves are very good but that they are in fact manufactured in Bulgaria and finished in Ireland i.e. doors attached and handles finished. I'm not saying in any way that that denigrates the product I'm just seeking clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Sligo Stoves and Fireplaces

Just to confirm what stoveman galway has said. Inis stoves are manufactured in Ireland to ISO 9001-2000 quality standard and carry the guaranteed Irish stamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi
    Was hoping some one with experience of the following stoves can help me choose one of the 3 stoves i am interested in , i need to heat a sitting room of 4.5mt by 5.7mt by 2.9 mt and also about 9 rads plus copper cylinder ,here is the list i have narrowed it down to 1}Inis Meain 2}Stanley Erin 3}Blacksmith Forge. Any advice would be grateful

cant beat the stanley all round, they also have the new stanley reginald model now which is a mighty stove,
    hamco are another irish company selling cast iron stoves and lower prices than the above,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonnor

I am also looking at installing a Boiler stove. I was looking at Charnwood, expensive but I know they good. I came across the Inis stoves, I'm just concerned about their Guarantee as I can't really find their track record. It is a very nice stove and I cannot fault the built, just that one aspect that worries me. It's way cheaper than the Charnwood, for a change Irish IS cheaper with quality that matches :-) In the end I'll chance local for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mazzacazzama

I have a similar issue, am looking at the olymberyl aidan, waterford reginald and blacksmith forge, with back boiler suitable for 12 rads, is there really any difference in them, and has anyone any comments on how good they are in terms of rads and hot water heating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 joeblob

Hi,
    I have just bought the blacksmith forge boiler stove. It was a toss between that and the stanley erin. The reason i went with the forge is that it is cast iron throughout it's body and is not lined with firebricks like the erin. Heat output is much the same for both 8-12 single rads. The most important thing with whichever you decide on is that whatever you burn must be dry. Burning wet fuel or unseasoned timber will result in a build up of tar and creosote on the boiler and in your flue and will lead to a dramatic increase in the time it takes to heat your water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mazzacazzama

Thanks for this, we have just also bought the blacksmith forge with boiler and are about to get it installed. Thanks for the advice on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

Thanks for all the previous advice and replies,i went with the Inis Meain stove after and am very happy with room heat ,hot water and rads heating,heres a few pics of it in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Putty Man

Lovely setup jackben.

I'm currently in the process of picking 2 stoves.

We're pretty set on a Charnwood Cove 1 Non boiler for our small room. But for the big room we're deciding between a Stanley Reginald and probably an Inis Meain.

Does the fact the Stanley is cast and made in China make any difference to the quality?

I've poked at them and keep thinking the Inis is more 'solid', but maybe its just in my head.

Any thoughts welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

oops ,posted under other half's user name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

jackben wrote: »
    Thanks for all the previous advice and replies,i went with the Inis Meain stove after and am very happy with room heat ,hot water and rads heating,heres a few pics of it in place.

That's a very nice installation jackben. Along with the stove itself I very much like the stone cladding and oak beam on the chimney breast. Would you mind sending a pm of the name of the cladding stone and where you obtained the stone and beam. I am currently looking at doing something with a chimney breast which goes full height in a vaulted ceiling. I have looked at a number of stone clad suppliers and their choice has been somewhat limited and expensive unfortunately. I have polished concrete floors in this room which is quite a dark grey so the type of bright stone you have would be perfect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

Just wondering how people are getting on with their stoves with a backboiler. We are considering one of the following and would be grateful for any experience anyone has had with them:

Olymberyl Aiden
    Stanley Reginald or Erin
    Blacksmith Forge
    Mulberry (Beckett I think)
    Any other similar ones.

We need it with a btu of >64,000 and have been told that the cast Iron ones are better to heat a house for a few hours as they take longer to heat up but retain heat for longer.

Any thoughts would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maninshed

hi moliform, i installed the inis maan boiler stove last febuary and very pleased with it so far, i decided against the above stoves because cast iron stoves are bolted together and sealed with fire cement. this in time cracks and leaks air into the stove thus lowering its efficentcy . where as a steel bodied stove is folded and welded together giving an airtight and a more controlled burn. also i would be a bit sceptical of the quality the chinese made cast. hope this is of some help to you

Advertisement