Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder cost for twins

Options
  • 11-08-2011 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have to start looking for a childminder for my twins who will be 6 months when I go back to work.
    Will be for 2 days a week from approx 8am to 5.30. Plan is for a childminder to take them in the minders own home.
    Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay per day for this.
    I am based in dublin.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Because it is in your own home you are classed as an employer. This means you will have to pay minimum wage plus prsi contributions for the childminder. Minimum wage is €8.65 per hour but a minder might look for more considering the work involved with twins so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Sorry I meant the minder take them in the minders home.
    (Have edited original post)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That's a different kettle of fish so :)

I was recently quote €25 per day for full time care for my daughter (she was 6 and a half months at the time). This was for a fully qualified childminder with a fair bit of experience, first aid qualification, insurance and the rest.

I would say probably 50 per day based on this but it would depend on where you are, (we are rural).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

When I had my little girl in a childminder she charged 30 euro per day, she was registered, qualified etc and had years of experience.

They usually give a discount for the second child.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Thats great.
    Thanks for info!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

50 - 60 in Dublin per day for a qualified childminder is what you will expect to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

I would say you are looking at around €40 - €50 per child for a full day but will depend on the location and the fact that its only 2 days it wouldnt make it worthwhile to offer discount

Advertisement