Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended

Options
  • 11-08-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

My son got kicked of Live last Nite and when he went back on he got a msg saying Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended.

The full email below, The xbox isnt jtag or anything he was banned either for glitching or using an xfire controller, the question is, is it just his account or is it the xbox as well thats banned.

Any help folks
    [ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to inappropriate gameplay and/or system abuse. These actions have been determined to be severe, repeated, and/or excessive.

The conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

Exploiting game bugs or glitches
    Network interference
    Player feedback abuse
    Complaint abuse
    Console tampering

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through either complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this conduct and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has issued a permanent suspension.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/legal/codeofconduct.htm.You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/legal/livetou.htm.

Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/codeofconduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/termsofservice.htm.

Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi Omega,

It states that it's his account privileges being banned so you should still have a console that can access XBL.

However, don't assume it's the controller that's caused this! I've highlighted two other possible reasons below, player feedback and complaint abise. It could be that your son has been filing silly complaints or reports of abuse against people that don't deserve it.

"This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to inappropriate gameplay and/or system abuse. These actions have been determined to be severe, repeated, and/or excessive.

The conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

Exploiting game bugs or glitches
    Network interference
    Player feedback abuse
    Complaint abuse

Console tampering"

Since you haven't received a console ban (I think) then it's highly unlikely he's been banned for network interference or console tampering, which only leaves exploiting game bugs or glitches, player feedback abuse or complaint abuse.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion, I'm in no way affiliated with MS... although if they ever wanted to hire me for their LIVE Enforcement Team, I think it'd be my dream job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

start a thread here and they'll tell you what your son was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Ya try start a new thread on the forums maybe. However be aware of repsonses like this
    http://www.neoseeker.com/news/13637-user-gets-banned-from-xbox-live-until-9999/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

thanks for the reply guys

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Just a heads up. There is actually an allocated group of people who ban people from Xbox, so it's not just a computer.

If your son was banned, then he was banned for a reason.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say he was cheating in Call of Duty: WAW or took part in what is known as a 10th Prestige lobby.

Sometimes the people on the forum might not reply publicly, so make sure to check your private messages on Xbox.com or they will reply to you by e-mail.

• Advertisement

let us know how it turns out. the last one of these threads turned out to be one of the best threads on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

garv123 wrote: »
    let us know how it turns out. the last one of these threads turned out to be one of the best threads on the forum.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »

I just had to re-read that entire thread again. It's worthy of the Hall of Fame, it really is! It was before I was made a mod... wonder how I would react to be called a crap gamer having a mid-life crisis now :D

Probably the best debate the xbox forum ever had. Epic stuff!

I just had to re-read that entire thread again. It's worthy of the Hall of Fame, it really is! It was before I was made a mod... wonder how I would react to be called a crap gamer having a mid-life crisis now :D

Probably the best debate the xbox forum ever had. Epic stuff!

you are having a mid life crisis and well you're forgetting most of us on here have played with you ;)

on topic.
    looking at a few of the threads on the xbox forums all the bans are fair and the person was guilty and i havent seen someone get the bans lifted.
    your son could have been sending abusive messages to people when he lost a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The Xbox live PET will be able to give you an answer. Probably cheating is my best guess.

Advertisement