Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marc Coleman on Coleman at Large - Most biased presenter around?

• 11-08-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭

So I don't really listen to Coleman at Large, but I do hear it from time to time (Newstalk is normally tuned into my radio, so I hear it when driving).

I was listening last night for maybe 15 minutes, and I noticed that Marc Coleman, the presenter, is utterly biased in the sense that his opinion is correct, and he belittles and talks over anyone who disagrees.

While this is fair enough, I suppose it is his show, it was ridiculous last night. They were discussing the famine, he mentioned that some people would view it as genocide on the part of the British. There were 3 (I think) guests on who roundly opposed that view, stating no serious historian has ever come to that conclusion, and Marc Coleman basically ignored them and shouted them down.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, he's awful. Surely I can't be the first person to notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cannot stand that program and the presenters far right Catholic viewpoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coleman could be on Fox News (Ireland) if we had such a channel. Terrible as a presenter, its one thing to hold an opinion a la Eamon Dunphy but one has to be willing to chair a discussion not use the mic as your own megaphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh thank Christ I'm not alone... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I tuned out from his show when he proclaimed

'Thank GOD for Fox News'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

I had the joy (?) of being at college with him. He was much the same back then. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That must be a bit weird. C'mon dish the dirt! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I find him to be utterly insufferable. Also why does he keep Bill Tormey in the corner of the studio as some sort of performing chimp all the time?

Let us also not forget that Coleman was also responsible for this nonsense: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Yet-Come-Marc-Coleman/dp/1842181424

41Lj93UNffL._SS500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

most biased presenter around......

hmmmm.....

it's toss of a coin between himself and dil "you're a racist homophobe bigot if you don't agree with me" wickremasinghe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I heard that show.He embarassed himself basically which is a regular occurence, He's not to be taken seriously.What amazes me is that Newstalk see him as a fit person to present a show.I think they are seriously lacking in judgement here. He's a crank with an inflated idea of his own intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I can't listen to it due to his constant spluttering and clearing his throat. I don't know if it's a habit or medical but either I don't know how he Is regarded as fit to present. A chat show host on telly would never get hired if they were like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I can't listen to it due to his constant spluttering and clearing his throat. I don't know if it's a habit or medical but either I don't know how he Is regarded as fit to present. A chat show host on telly would never get hired if they were like that

Oh ya, that is annoying too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

My brotjher related his getting all emotional a couple of weeks back after the latest round of redundancies at NT and he went into a rant where he let slip the F word.

The show suddenly went to an ad break and when they came back he apologised profusely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's a shame that Newstalk axed the late night current affairs show that it used to have and in time, replaced it with this muck. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I prefer my presenters to keep their opinions to themselves and let us make up our own minds after hearing what their guests have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dulpit wrote: »

I was listening last night for maybe 15 minutes, and I noticed that Marc Coleman, the presenter, is utterly biased in the sense that his opinion is correct, and he belittles and talks over anyone who disagrees..................

Surely I can't be the first person to notice this?

You're not.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056295348

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

GSF wrote: »
    I had the joy (?) of being at college with him. He was much the same back then. :mad:

Me too! :D

Advertisement