Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best old mans pub in Wexford Town centre?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

You know it's my 40th birthday that we're celebrating dontcha? I'm probably waaaay older than both of you! :rolleyes:

Lets not dwell on the insignificant facts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 welshmisfit

Lets not dwell on the insignificant facts!

Hmmmmm, which facts are significant then? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

i gotta say the mature ladies are of interest! and im sure your still "fresh" ...

you dont mind being called a "fresh auld one" do ya?? have i blown my chances already ?

but look...nothing that a rissole and a flagan of devil's bit cant work out...ah here... ill throw in a naggin of tesco or lidl vodka as well...may as well go all out in these recessionary times...but you have to promise to share it with me now when were drinking it inside the pub... so bring a bag big enough :)

griffin...youve no hope pal... im an all ireland champion boxer.

oh welshy...tell your sister that we wont tell her husband if she doesnt ! :)

OH!! :eek: Call me anything you like, but don't call me old!! :mad:;):rolleyes::D You may of course refer to me as old-ER. As to blowing your chances, that may depend on how old YOU are :p
    How could I possibly resist your charms when you throw in a bottle of Lidl's finest?! I'm quite happy to share it with you in a dark corner of some pub, as long as you promise to hold my head later while I throw up! :D

i gotta say the mature ladies are of interest! and im sure your still "fresh" ...

you dont mind being called a "fresh auld one" do ya?? have i blown my chances already ?

but look...nothing that a rissole and a flagan of devil's bit cant work out...ah here... ill throw in a naggin of tesco or lidl vodka as well...may as well go all out in these recessionary times...but you have to promise to share it with me now when were drinking it inside the pub... so bring a bag big enough :)

griffin...youve no hope pal... im an all ireland champion boxer.

oh welshy...tell your sister that we wont tell her husband if she doesnt ! :)
    OH!! :eek: Call me anything you like, but don't call me old!! :mad:;):rolleyes::D You may of course refer to me as old-ER. As to blowing your chances, that may depend on how old YOU are :p
    How could I possibly resist your charms when you throw in a bottle of Lidl's finest?! I'm quite happy to share it with you in a dark corner of some pub, as long as you promise to hold my head later while I throw up! :D

Damn you both! Right, time to pull out all the stops.

I'll take you to the Wexford Races. Now, not many get to go with me. Its a very special occassion...beat that one Warrior...

• Advertisement

The races?! :eek: Wow! Do I get to wear a posh hat and a nice frock? Or am I expected to ride?

~Wandering off to dig my jodphurs out the wash!~

Or am I expected to ride?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

banter hitting ri...erm boiling point already ! :D

you win griffin... i wont fight over a woman.... ill just turn up on the night after youve spent all your money on her and then take her home :) :P

you gotta give me some credit for that one welshy ?

banter hitting ri...erm boiling point already ! :D

you win griffin... i wont fight over a woman.... ill just turn up on the night after youve spent all your money on her and then take her home :) :P

you gotta give me some credit for that one welshy ?

:eek: Ah now thats bad form! :pac:

You two are truly mad! :D
    I'm finding it very hard to choose between the two of you. Can't the two of you show me a good time? lol ;):D:eek::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

Oh my word! I just saw this post.....how rude! :p
    I have, of course, absolutely no idea what you may mean by it!

Can't the two of you show me a good time? lol ;):D:eek::rolleyes:

Sharing is caring I suppose...

I call first. Warrior your up second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Hi guys,
    Just leaving your fair town after my first visit. I took note of earlier comments in setting off for a pint or two - here are my thoughts. You ought to know that I am typical 'old man pub' material :(:pac:

http://backontherock.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/there-was-an-old-woman-of-wexford/

My sis and I had a fab time in Wexford. :D We tried all the pubs you mentioned in the two days we were there, and had a Guinness in every one! Our particular favourite was The Sky and the Ground with The Cape coming a close second. Bugler Doyles was fab as well! The people were wonderful! And the accents were to die for! I could sit and listen to you people talk all day! We stayed outside of Wexford in Moyglare Lodge in Killinick which was a bit of a nightmare as we didn't realise there were no bus stops anywhere near it! :rolleyes:
    We were very lucky though, we were given lifts every day into Wexford so didn't have to shell out a fortune on taxi fares. We even went to the races on the Friday night. Didn't win anything though! :( Perhaps it was something to do with us picking the horses with the prettiest faces :rolleyes: lol.
    Saw the chip shop that was mentioned, the Premier, thought about waiting outside to see if either of you boys turned up, but it was cold and rainy and the pubs were calling :P
    I can't wait to come back, we had a blast. Thanks guys!

My sis and I had a fab time in Wexford. :D We tried all the pubs you mentioned in the two days we were there, and had a Guinness in every one! Our particular favourite was The Sky and the Ground with The Cape coming a close second. Bugler Doyles was fab as well! The people were wonderful! And the accents were to die for! I could sit and listen to you people talk all day! We stayed outside of Wexford in Moyglare Lodge in Killinick which was a bit of a nightmare as we didn't realise there were no bus stops anywhere near it! :rolleyes:
    We were very lucky though, we were given lifts every day into Wexford so didn't have to shell out a fortune on taxi fares. We even went to the races on the Friday night. Didn't win anything though! :( Perhaps it was something to do with us picking the horses with the prettiest faces :rolleyes: lol.
    Saw the chip shop that was mentioned, the Premier, thought about waiting outside to see if either of you boys turned up, but it was cold and rainy and the pubs were calling :P
    I can't wait to come back, we had a blast. Thanks guys!

Glad you had a good time! Be sure to come back soon, and give myself and WexWarrior a shout too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aod24

Morning
    Has anyone got the telephone number for mary's bar, wexford town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aod24

Have you got a phone number for mary's bar
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Seriously, not being funny, but I doubt it has one

Advertisement