Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Track season Results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

RoyMcC wrote: »
    GB fail to get the baton around, plus ca change :mad:

Great race. Harry AA took out Patton, and Patton partially took out the Trinidadian.

Jamaica breaks the world record without Asafa Powell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Great race. Harry AA took out Patton, and Patton partially took out the Trinidadian.

Fab performance by Jamaica. Wonder where both US and GB at fault for being too close to each other? There was a suggestion on TV that the GB runner started running too early too. Between them they managed to ruin any change the Trinadad runners had :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

GB fail to get the baton around, plus ca change :mad:

Below par performance for GB & NI in general? Worrying for next year, or holding back for the big peak???

Below par performance for GB & NI in general? Worrying for next year, or holding back for the big peak???

2 golds, 4 silver and a bronze. I would have thought that would be a successful championships for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Daegu 2011 - Goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Did it not exceed expectations? Team GB targeted 7 medals and 1 gold and managed 7 with 2 golds with a few of their top performers coming up slightly short (Ennis, Mo in the 10k, Tiffany Porter missing a medal and Idowu). Having said that without the emergence of Farah this season could very well have been a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

ecoli wrote: »
    Did it not exceed expectations? Team GB targeted 7 medals and 1 gold and managed 7 with 2 golds with a few of their top performers coming up slightly short (Ennis, Mo in the 10k, Tiffany Porter missing a medal and Idowu). Having said that without the emergence of Farah this season could very well have been a different story

G.B. done reasonably well on the medal count, but in terms of gold medals then it hasn't been as good as hoped. Ennis, Idowu, Farah were all outright favourites (Farah even for double gold). Dai Greene's gold, while not a heavy favourite, was not surprising either. 2 golds is similar to their last few champs but I actually thought they would get 4/5. Having said that, I think they are in a great position heading into next year's Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think Harry AA could do with putting down the weights and the protein and picking up his track shoes a bit more. Far too big to be a sprinter IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

G-Money wrote: »
    I think Harry AA could do with putting down the weights and the protein and picking up his track shoes a bit more. Far too big to be a sprinter IMHO.

How true - he needs two lanes to himself. Same applies to MLF & Craig P. British sprinting has regressed in the last couple of years. Nevertheless they are good enough to be challenging for relay medals but the baton work is consistently woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

Good end to the champs. Impressive by the Jamacians to set a new WR without Powell, it was a long way back to France and St. Kitts. It was a bit of mayhem at the final changeover, Harry AA is a big man but it was kinda funny to see him taking out the yank. Who would have thought that Kim Collins would have left Korea with two medals?

A great womens 800, I thought when Semenya went with 200 to go it was over but Savinova ran her down. Very fast race, Semenya seemed very happy with her medal, it's probably been a tough two years for her. Not a fan of Idowu so didn't mind seeing him lose the triple jump, the american guy really stepped it up. I thought Farrah was going to be run down again but he timed it perfectly. He deserves that medal after all his hard work this year. Am a bit disappointed with Cragg time and placing but he did well to make the final.

I think team GB should be very happy with their performance. They expected 7 medals and hit that target, it sets them up nicely for London 2012 I can only imagine the pressure they will be under. The Kenyans had a great championship a total of 17 medals with 7 golds, Ethopia by comparsion only got 5 medals with a solitary gold. I would have preferred if they left the schedule the same and ended with both 4x4s instead of the 4x1s, it was probably set up that way for Bolt

• Advertisement

It was great to see Kim Collins turn back the years, two bronze medals to add to his susbstantial collection of global silverware. I'd say St.Kitts & Nevis was the place to be this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

The poor lad had a holocaust!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Pherekydes wrote: »

Harry is a big brick wall, Patton ran into him. Just got round to watching Johnsons comments and he seems to thing that AA is at fault.

He is at fault for GB not getting the batton round (went off too soon), but he can't be accused of doing anything wrong as far the the Americans are concerned (it's the person driving into the back of you's fault for not watching where they are going).

He is far, far too big though.

I think some of those sprinters have convinced themselves that having big huge muscles will make them run faster. I guess to a certain extent that is true, but HAA seems far too big.

Bolt is reasonably muscular but not overly so.

Just re-watching the end of Mo Farah's 10,000m and 5000m races, the look on his face, especially as he was coming to the line on the 10,000m was priceless. It's one of the images of the championships that will stick in my mind.

A surprising observation on the Daegu worlds is that some of the larger nations had a shocker. Spain and Italy with only a single bronze medal apiece, that is poor by their standards. Ukraine only won 2 medals, although one of them was gold and France with only 4 medals and none of them gold. Ethiopia had a bad championships by their usual high standards, just a single gold, no silvers and 4 bronze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Was talking briefly to Dwight Philips at the stadium last night. Told him that I was kicking myself for not putting money on him at 18/1 before the qualification round. He seemed genuinely offended that Paddy Power had him at 18/1.

04072511 wrote: »
    Was talking briefly to Dwight Philips at the stadium last night. Told him that I was kicking myself for not putting money on him at 18/1 before the qualification round. He seemed genuinely offended that Paddy Power had him at 18/1.

Not suprised that is a crazy price can't believe someone made that much of a cock up pricing that one up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Anyone else depressed that Daegu is over? It had to end sometime i suppose.

My highlights;

1) Mens 5k, thriller of a race and Mo got the gold he deserved, hate to hear the Lagat excuses. I predict Mo will beat Jeilan out of sight in the 10k next year.
    2) Womens 400m, the last 100m was epic, I was sure Felix would reel her in but not to be. Richards comes out and destroys the field in the relay after of course, leaving us wondering what might have been. Whets the appetite for London.
    3) Womens Javelin, never seen an event like it.
    4) Mens 4 x 100m relay, the speed of Blake and Bolt was a sight to behold, amid the carnage behind. Looking forward to being in the stadium in London next year when they go under 37 secs :)

My athlete of the meet was Vivian Cheryuiot (not just because i won a packet on her). I predict she will lower the 5k WR over the next 12 months.

• Advertisement

Yep, I'm sad the championships are over. Having severe withdrawal symptoms here. Currently in Shanghai airport and as there is no access to facebook in this crazy country I might aswell list my high and low points from the championships:

High points:

1) Women's 400m. Possibly the RACE of theh championships. An absolute thriller. Just a shame Felix couldn't nick it at the end but fair play to Montsho for hanging on.
    2) Men's 400m. Another cracking race, and the right result. Delighted to see Merritt beaten and James is some exciting talent.
    3) Sally Pearson. Not much needs to be said. Simply an awesome athlete!
    4) Men's 10000m. A real thriller. Nobody though Farah could be beaten. I always enjoy a good upset.
    5) Women's High Jump. Great battle between Chicherova and Vlasic, and great to see Vlasic so happy afterwards. She has had some serious problems this year and she said in the press conference after that she only made a decision to compete 3 days before the championships.
    6) Deirdre Ryan in the High Jump. I hope this will be an end to the whole "no B-Standards go to london" sh1te!
    7) The Bullet with the Mullet providing us with a pleasent surprise and showing that we can still produce top class middle distance runners.
    8) Our women's 4x4 team were outstanding. Almost 3 seconds off the national record, and there was more there, had it not been for the confusion at the very start. I can't remember an Irish relay team ranking 12th in the world before. Super performance. Fingers crossed we'll see them in London.
    9) Olga Kaniskina in the 20k walk. She is an absolute machine. When is the last time she has lost a major championship race?
    10) Men's 200m. Good to see Bolt put the 100m behind him and run one of the fastest times in history. Delighted to see Lemaitre go 19.80. All the doubts after the Europeans last year that he wouldn't be able to compete at the very top level have been unfounded.
    11) Both the men's and women's pole vault competitions were absolute epics!
    12) Men's 4x400m relay. A shame it had to be Merritt that won it for the USA, but what a race, and what a performance by the South Africans!
    13) Kemboi's antics after the 3000m Steeplechase.
    14) The fat punter from American Samoa in the 100m did provide a good laugh!
    15) Dai Greene winning gold in the 400m Hurdles.
    16) Lashinda Demus has been overshadowed by Pearson and Bolt, but she ran the 3rd fastest time ever and was just 0.13 seconds off the World Record. What a performance.
    17) Managing to get my way into the press conferences and ask Usain Bolt (among others) a question.:)

Low points:

1) Derval not being able to take her place in the semi finals. Was sitting right by the start line like we did in Barca last year, and it was pure disbelief when she didn't appear. Only found out 30 mins later what happened. Gutted for her. She'd have easily made that final, with 12.84 being good enough to make it. The number one low point of the championships for me.
    2) The result of the women's 100m final.
    3) The whole Usain Bolt false start fiasco. The rules apply to all. Nobody would have cared if it was Jonathon Borlee that false started in a final!
    4) Some disappointing distance races. The men's 3000m Steeple in particular. Just jogged around the track for 7 laps and then burnt it up over the final 400m. I don't find that exciting. We dont get as many Paula Radcliffes these days willing to take the race by the scruff of the neck.
    5) Disappointing to see Olive and Hesh not perform to their best.
    6) Joanne's false start. I really believe she was going to run fast in that semi final. Her split in the 4x4 indicates that further.
    7) Disappointing long jump finals, for both men and women. The men's in particular. I thought it was going to be a cracker but nothing really happened after the first 2 rounds.
    8) The heat and humidity of Daegu is something I will not miss.
    9) Bring back Berlino the Bear. The mascot here was brutal! No craic at all!

Yeah, a bit depressed its over now too. Thankfully we have the Diamond League this week though to keep the wolf from the door.

The women's javelin was a good competition alright. Enjoyed seeing Farah get the 5000m gold. I think he will have learnt from the 10,000m race. He did seem to kick a bit too hard too soon and couldn't maintain it. A bit disappointed at Bekele but then he's been awol for the past year or two so I guess it was to be expected that he'd have a low par performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭ss43

Low points:

2) The result of the women's 100m final.

Don't get this one? Thought the women's 100m was great like all the sprints. The best sprinter of the last two years wins, with the next best two this year close behind. Olympic champion almost medals despite having a nothing of a season before the championships. What more do you want?

Men's 100m was good for the drama even if it was a disappointment that Bolt didn't get to run. Blake was pretty awesome in the final (and the relay).

Men's 200m was good too with the first four all running class. Only saw the end of the men's 00 but that was pretty good. Likewise the women's 400, only caught the last 50m but looked like a good one. Women's 200m was good with three who could have taken it. Thought Jeter would double after seeing her last Diamond League 200m but Campbell Brown was better than I expected.

Distance events were a bit boring. Kemboi's turn of pace in the steeplechase was deadly. Was happy to see Farah beaten in the 10k but Bekele not finishing took the good out of the race. Cheuiyot was class which made the women's 5 and 10 a bit of a foregone conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Yep, I'm sad the championships are over. Having severe withdrawal symptoms here. Currently in Shanghai airport and as there is no access to facebook in this crazy country I might aswell list my high and low points from the championships:

High points:

1) Women's 400m. Possibly the RACE of theh championships. An absolute thriller. Just a shame Felix couldn't nick it at the end but fair play to Montsho for hanging on.
    2) Men's 400m. Another cracking race, and the right result. Delighted to see Merritt beaten and James is some exciting talent.
    3) Sally Pearson. Not much needs to be said. Simply an awesome athlete!
    4) Men's 10000m. A real thriller. Nobody though Farah could be beaten. I always enjoy a good upset.
    5) Women's High Jump. Great battle between Chicherova and Vlasic, and great to see Vlasic so happy afterwards. She has had some serious problems this year and she said in the press conference after that she only made a decision to compete 3 days before the championships.
    6) Deirdre Ryan in the High Jump. I hope this will be an end to the whole "no B-Standards go to london" sh1te!
    7) The Bullet with the Mullet providing us with a pleasent surprise and showing that we can still produce top class middle distance runners.
    8) Our women's 4x4 team were outstanding. Almost 3 seconds off the national record, and there was more there, had it not been for the confusion at the very start. I can't remember an Irish relay team ranking 12th in the world before. Super performance. Fingers crossed we'll see them in London.
    9) Olga Kaniskina in the 20k walk. She is an absolute machine. When is the last time she has lost a major championship race?
    10) Men's 200m. Good to see Bolt put the 100m behind him and run one of the fastest times in history. Delighted to see Lemaitre go 19.80. All the doubts after the Europeans last year that he wouldn't be able to compete at the very top level have been unfounded.
    11) Both the men's and women's pole vault competitions were absolute epics!
    12) Men's 4x400m relay. A shame it had to be Merritt that won it for the USA, but what a race, and what a performance by the South Africans!
    13) Kemboi's antics after the 3000m Steeplechase.
    14) The fat punter from American Samoa in the 100m did provide a good laugh!
    15) Dai Greene winning gold in the 400m Hurdles.
    16) Lashinda Demus has been overshadowed by Pearson and Bolt, but she ran the 3rd fastest time ever and was just 0.13 seconds off the World Record. What a performance.
    17) Managing to get my way into the press conferences and ask Usain Bolt (among others) a question.:)

Another one for me was Zaripova in the steeple, really gutsy effort.

ss43 wrote: »
    Don't get this one?

Because the athlete that I was cheering against won the race.

No different to somebody being unhappy that Man United won a match, when that person was cheering against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Interesting post in Darvis Patton's blog yesterday - worth a read.

• Advertisement

Because the athlete that I was cheering against won the race.

No different to somebody being unhappy that Man United won a match, when that person was cheering against them.

Fair enough, I had athletes I wanted to lose. I find Jeter quite a likable athlete though. Hope she does something fast to finish the season.

Interesting post in Darvis Patton's blog yesterday - worth a read.

Interesting the way he doesn't blame Aikines-Areyeety. He shouldn't have hit him. The USA were very hard done by. If I were him, I'd be bitter about the clumsy monster who couldn't keep to his own lane. It was way worse than the Robles/Xiang clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

High point for me was watching Vlasic jump over the bar.....what a stunner:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭notsofast

so, everyone looking forward to the cross country ? :)

notsofast wrote: »
    so, everyone looking forward to the cross country ? :)

Not too hasty still have Rieti, Zurich and Brussels. Plenty more track races and wouldnt rule out some fast times as Rieti is notorious for fast times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Zurich is Thursday night would you believe. Difficult to understand the logic behind this.

Zurich is Thursday night would you believe. Difficult to understand the logic behind this.

I suppose it's because the worlds were on so late this season that there is now a tight schedule for the remaining meets. Athletes will be wanting to wind down their season soon enough to be able to prepare properly for a very important year in 2012.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Interesting the way he doesn't blame Aikines-Areyeety. He shouldn't have hit him. The USA were very hard done by. If I were him, I'd be bitter about the clumsy monster who couldn't keep to his own lane. It was way worse than the Robles/Xiang clash.

AA was in his lane. There was absolutely no movement by AA to infringe on the USA lane like in the Robles/ Xiang incident. If anything the USA impeded the UK team by running into AA and messing up his handover...but that is equally rubbish.

AA still went too soon and lifts too many weights. That is all he's done wrong.

Derval's response to the events of last weekend.

http://dervalorourke.blogspot.com/2011/09/does-not-start.html

Very dignified response to such cruel disappointment.

I'm still gutted for her, but it's a bit comforting to know that on that day she didn't lose out on a medal, as I dont think she would have been capable of running 12.47. Still though, she was denied a chance of becoming the first Irish sprinter in history to make 2 global outdoor finals (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

robinph wrote: »
    AA was in his lane. There was absolutely no movement by AA to infringe on the USA lane like in the Robles/ Xiang incident. If anything the USA impeded the UK team by running into AA and messing up his handover...but that is equally rubbish.

AA still went too soon and lifts too many weights. That is all he's done wrong.

Patton was in his lane, the contact was because AA's considerably big arm was in the lane beside him and in Patton's way (similar to the way Robles hand clashed with Xiang's hand in Xiang's lane; Robles at least had to perform an action more complex and more demanding of space than running). To avoid the contact Patton would have had to run wide in his lane which he should not have to do.

Derval's response to the events of last weekend.

http://dervalorourke.blogspot.com/2011/09/does-not-start.html

Very dignified response to such cruel disappointment.

I'm still gutted for her, but it's a bit comforting to know that on that day she didn't lose out on a medal, as I dont think she would have been capable of running 12.47. Still though, she was denied a chance of becoming the first Irish sprinter in history to make 2 global outdoor finals (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
    If you count 400m hurdles as a sprint event (not sure) then Susan Smith has made both world and Olympic finals.

Dan man wrote: »
    If you count 400m hurdles as a sprint event (not sure) then Susan Smith has made both world and Olympic finals.

400 hurdles is a sprint event, but Susan only made a global final once, at the 1997 Worlds when she finished 7th. She was a semi finalist in Atlanta 96 and the 1999 Worlds.

Patton was in his lane, the contact was because AA's considerably big arm was in the lane beside him and in Patton's way (similar to the way Robles hand clashed with Xiang's hand in Xiang's lane; Robles at least had to perform an action more complex and more demanding of space than running). To avoid the contact Patton would have had to run wide in his lane which he should not have to do.

Struggling to find an image, they are mostly of Patton upside down, but from the slow mo replays they showed at the time I can't remember seeing anything of AA being over the white line, despite Michael Johnson almost claiming AA was stood in the wrong lane. He was stationary and just starting to rise from the crouch at the time. Patton should be watching where he was going, and as he is running at speed around a bend should be aware that his body will not be over his feet so should allow for that.

The guys finishing their legs on the bends in relays have less space than a 200m or 400m runner as they are leaning over, but having to run past stationary people who are going to be upright at the time.

I see zero blame for AA (other than being too big), but only a small bit of blame for Patton. He was just unlucky.

400 hurdles is a sprint event, but Susan only made a global final once, at the 1997 Worlds when she finished 7th. She was a semi finalist in Atlanta 96 and the 1999 Worlds.

You're right, forgot she didn't make the final in Atlanta.

Struggling to find an image, they are mostly of Patton upside down, but from the slow mo replays they showed at the time I can't remember seeing anything of AA being over the white line, despite Michael Johnson almost claiming AA was stood in the wrong lane. He was stationary and just starting to rise from the crouch at the time. Patton should be watching where he was going, and as he is running at speed around a bend should be aware that his body will not be over his feet so should allow for that.

The guys finishing their legs on the bends in relays have less space than a 200m or 400m runner as they are leaning over, but having to run past stationary people who are going to be upright at the time.

I see zero blame for AA (other than being too big), but only a small bit of blame for Patton. He was just unlucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSI1eR3jTvs

It's closer than I thought initially but I still think Patton's in his lane and AA's elbow goes outside his lane to hit Patton. Pausing it on 18 and 43 seconds shows it. Patton is leaning in but not enough to be out of his lane in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

How true - he needs two lanes to himself. Same applies to MLF & Craig P. British sprinting has regressed in the last couple of years. Nevertheless they are good enough to be challenging for relay medals but the baton work is consistently woeful.

Did the brits mess up the changeover or did the second leg guy just throw the baton in disgust after seeing AA hit the american?? I supsect the brits could still have medalled if the 2nd leg guy had gone through with the handover so was it not very unprofessional of him to stop or was there no hope of making the handover cos AA had gone early?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSI1eR3jTvs

It's closer than I thought initially but I still think Patton's in his lane and AA's elbow goes outside his lane to hit Patton. Pausing it on 18 and 43 seconds shows it. Patton is leaning in but not enough to be out of his lane in my opinion.

Bolt and the other Jamacian at 18 seconds are actualy a good example of the difference in angle that the people are running at on the bend. And the other guys in blue (Italian) inside the UK look to be encroaching even further into the UK lane than the UK are to the USA lane.

Last leg runner we can see during that clip is waiting for their runners to come in by crouching towards the outside of their lane so that they get the best possible view of the guy coming in. If AA had not risen from the crouch at the moment that he did then Patton would have run past him OK. AA went too soon for the incoming UK runner, but that is irrelevant to the USA guy running into him. Patton should have allowed for the guy he was about to run over to make a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Did the brits mess up the changeover or did the second leg guy just throw the baton in disgust after seeing AA hit the american?? I supsect the brits could still have medalled if the 2nd leg guy had gone through with the handover so was it not very unprofessional of him to stop or was there no hope of making the handover cos AA had gone early?

Tbh I didn't see it but plenty on here did. The general point is though that GB relay squads have more than sufficient coaching support to run efficient races. Instead the age-old litany of dropped batons continues. (I held relay practice with a dozen or so 9 - 11 year olds on Sunday and I didn't see a baton on the track once).

Don't ask me the reason but there's something fundamentally wrong when the outgoing runner so often goes too early, or there's a fumble. In a close final when you really need to stretch the handoff there may be an occasional excuse, but this is a continual habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Gringo78 wrote: »

They messed up the changeover without any help from the americans. I think he threw the baton in disgust when AA had left the zone, or maybe even threw it in faint hope of it arriving in AA's outstretched hand. The fault lies squarely with AA for going too early and then not slowing down when the changeover did not happen as planned.

dna_leri wrote: »
    They messed up the changeover without any help from the americans. I think he threw the baton in disgust when AA had left the zone, or maybe even threw it in faint hope of it arriving in AA's outstretched hand. The fault lies squarely with AA for going too early and then not slowing down when the changeover did not happen as planned.

Think he threw it at him just as AA approached the end of the zone in disgust with him. Was AA's fault for going too early. Think even if the Americans had got around the UK were still in with a chance of a medal.

Was AA's fault for going too early. Think even if the Americans had got around the UK were still in with a chance of a medal.

Really?

Look at the replay again. HAA had taken out Patton, and Patton had taken out the Trinidadian long before Devonish arrives with the baton. Devonish is definitely behind St Kitts. With no incidents, Jamaica wins, USA gets the silver and T&T fights with France (and wins it, IMO) for bronze.

Someone else would have fallen over.

Looks like Bekele will be back for Brussels. Guess his Groin problems from Worlds werent too major a set back

http://www.supersport.com/athletics/international/news/110901/Bekele_set_to_return_to_track_in_Brussels

Guys, for those who are interested I wrote a blog on the World Championships. Took me a bleedin age so you better enjoy it!! :)

http://jamessullivan4.blogspot.com/2011/09/daegu-south-korea.html

• Advertisement

Guys, for those who are interested I wrote a blog on the World Championships. Took me a bleedin age so you better enjoy it!! :)

http://jamessullivan4.blogspot.com/2011/09/daegu-south-korea.html

Nice read, looks like you had a great time, must have been an amazing experience. I'm seriously thinking about heading out to Moscow 2013 and of course the Rio Olympics would just be unreal. Not sure what I'm more jealous of...your pic with Allyson or your pic with Crammie and co.

Advertisement