Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Track season Results

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Runrun

Caprica wrote: »
    Good first days athletics. Bolt looked very impressvie as did Lemaitre, would love if he could medal but not sure it is likely. Expected a bit more from Gatlin. Kim Collins at 34/35 looked in good shape, would like to see him in the final.

Good performance by Cuddihy to reach the semis. Britton was very unlucky not to make the final, but she ended up running a lot of that race on her home, she has got very consistent around the 9:40 mark this season. Does anyone know where Roisin McGettigan is?

Kenyans have looked very impressive so far. The coaches were aiming for a clean sweep in the marathon but I didn't think it would happen, they seem to wrestling power away from the Ethopians of late. I wonder will Cheuryiot do the double? I thought Defer might challenge her but not so sure now, she has had one or two disappointing championship performances of late. Very poor representation by the Europeans in both those events.

Roisin is due to have her first baby in September but hopefully we'll see her back on the track next year in London....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I missed Tori in the Pole Vault this morning. I got in about 20-25 minutes late and by the time I got in she was already eliminated. Disappointing.

Had a chat for about half and hour or so with Claire Bergin, Marian Heffernan and Fionnuala Britton. Steve Hooker was sitting right in front of us. This was in the general part of the stadium, not even the athletes section. The championships are very accessible to the fans, and also the Koreans aren't doing a great job keeping people in the correct part of the stadium. I waltzed into the VIP area this morning, with not a bother in the world.

Fingers crossed Joanne can pull out another seasons best tonight. I don't think she'll make the final, but a top 12 position is very possible. She looked very good in her heat.

It's a bit weird when somebody like Allyson Felix's name is called out and nobody cheers. It really hits home the fact that nobody in athletics is a household name here, except Bolt and Liu Xiang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Runrun wrote: »
    Roisin is due to have her first baby in September but hopefully we'll see her back on the track next year in London....

Well that explains that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Runrun wrote: »

Well that explains that mystery! Good to hear there's no serious injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Rumour is Bekele is out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Kenenisa Bekele is rumoured to be out of the 10,000m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Need to see Aman's birth cert - 17:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Ethiopian Team leader has said Bekele WILL now run the 10,000m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

G-Money wrote: »
    Ethiopian Team leader has said Bekele WILL now run the 10,000m
    [Fat] Ronaldo in 1998 world cup final anyone - being forced to run?

[Fat] Ronaldo in 1998 world cup final anyone - being forced to run?

Maybe if it was a kenyan as AK are quite ruthless usually but i doubt it with Bekele and Ethiopa. Was just rumour circulating the stadium. Would have backed out long before now as he is not one to draw this much attention being quite reclusive in nature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Looks like it's going to be an interesting 100mt final. Line up just decided. Kim Collins at 35 years old ran a fantastic semi. Bolt (of course) and LeMaitre qualified in the same semi, but Bolt was just jogging... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Good girl, Joanne, get a head start!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Cuddihy out! She looked so devastated, feel terrible for her.
    Probably nerves caused her false start. Not sure how I feel about the instant disqualification.

Irish girl Cuddihy disqualified from the 400 semi for false start :(
    Gutted for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,634 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

what time is the 100m metre final on?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    what time is the 100m metre final on?

12.45 irish time

ecoli wrote: »
    12.45 irish time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

GO MO:D

gerard65 wrote: »
    GO MO:D

Commentaters are annoying, it's all about Mo.

Here he comes though...

Suprised KB decided not to utilize the 3 compatriots in the race having said that has avoided the worst of the surges and the pushing and shoving at front. I dunno whther its a case of not in shape or playing tactically smart. Gonna be some last 2k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kenneth Q

I am here in Daegu and just spoke to her and she broke down.Her words were, 'I am utterly embarrassed to false start in a 400 metre race,this has never happened before and I just feel bitter disappointment for everyone who has supported me'

KB gone, Mo still looking good

Kb dropped out and i think Taddesse has broken alot of people I think could take it

KB 'came out of respect for the event' did'nt his hole, he came for sponsors money:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Watching Eurosport stream which gets the local directors coverage. They are showing 3rd round of the discus and crowd shots and f*ck all of the 10k. Universal sports coverage (where most americans will be watching) showing the same crap. Very frustrating.

^
    it's on C4

great race this

Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

Went too early Mo. Maybe better off for next year.

Great finish. Disappointed for Mo, but what about Jeilan, brilliant.

• Advertisement

that was an obscene last lap on the 10K! Brilliant race

Advertisement