Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faster wireless bandwidth from router with ATA?

• 11-08-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I currently have the linksys WRT54GP2 router. It has 2 phone ports which is fine. However, the maximum bandwidth I'm getting via wifi is about 13Mb. My broadband speed is 20Mb so I want to be able to avail of this via wifi. (I get the full 20Mb when connected via cable).
    I was thinking about how best to maintain my existing set up while getting the full bandwidth speeds via wifi.
    Looking for the cheapest option possible!
    My laptop has a wireless n receiver. Are there any wireless n routers that have built-in ATAs?

Any suggestions or help would be great.

Cheers,

DC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

dcGT wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I currently have the linksys WRT54GP2 router. It has 2 phone ports which is fine. However, the maximum bandwidth I'm getting via wifi is about 13Mb. My broadband speed is 20Mb so I want to be able to avail of this via wifi. (I get the full 20Mb when connected via cable).
    I was thinking about how best to maintain my existing set up while getting the full bandwidth speeds via wifi.
    Looking for the cheapest option possible!
    My laptop has a wireless n receiver. Are there any wireless n routers that have built-in ATAs?

Any suggestions or help would be great.

Cheers,

DC

I have a Draytek Vigor 2110Vn that is Wiireless N capable and I get about 30Mbps out of 50Mbps with the router in the attic but the closer I get the better the speed.

Although its not cheap at GBP £ 135

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'm sure Belkin, Linksys or even Netopia do some WiFi receiver. If your fine with Latency and speeds (which 13mb is fine) there shouldn't be any problems.

Advertisement