Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour issues

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all

Im living in laois over 4 years in a lovely neighbourhood. Most of my neighbours are lovely. They say hello and I have a chat with one or two.

Bar one.

For some reason I have a neighbour who simply does not want to know. Either myself or my wife. we tried in the beginning but got nowhere with him or his family.

Its not that hes quiet. He will talk to the trees if he thought they would talk back to him. I see him chatting to the neighbours but we dont get a hello off him.

So we stopped saying hello to him sometimes blatandly ignoring him if hes out on the street. Just letting him know that we dont appreciate it.

It could be worse. They could be noisy neighbours who have parties until three in the morning. But it would nice to get a hello how are you?

To me hes ignorant and two faced.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bobby

Sorry to hear that man.

Hopefully he will change his attitude.

Hiss loss mate. Dont worry about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joeynegro

Hes an ignoramus.

Problem is everyone thinks hes a really nice guy. To me hes two faced, fake. Just cant stand him. Would love to ask him whats his problem but I dont want to cause an argument. But he knows I cant stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

If thats the case, then ask him. Worst case he wont ever talk to you again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Joeynegro wrote: »
    Hi all

Im living in laois over 4 years in a lovely neighbourhood. Most of my neighbours are lovely. They say hello and I have a chat with one or two.

Bar one.

For some reason I have a neighbour who simply does not want to know. Either myself or my wife. we tried in the beginning but got nowhere with him or his family.

Its not that hes quiet. He will talk to the trees if he thought they would talk back to him. I see him chatting to the neighbours but we dont get a hello off him.

So we stopped saying hello to him sometimes blatandly ignoring him if hes out on the street. Just letting him know that we dont appreciate it.

It could be worse. They could be noisy neighbours who have parties until three in the morning. But it would nice to get a hello how are you?

To me hes ignorant and two faced.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I cant believe you give a sh!t, wouldn't bother me in the slightest, leave the tool to his own devices..

bryaner wrote: »
    I cant believe you give a sh!t, wouldn't bother me in the slightest, leave the tool to his own devices..

Yeah you are right mate. I just cant stand ignorance. If we had an argument Id understand but we have done nothing to the guy.

I do ignore him. Imagine saying hello to your next door neighbour and being blanked?

My mother in law came down one day said hello to him and he blanked her. She came in and said Whats his problem?

Anyway glad you guys feel the same about him. That hes a tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

It would appear your neighbour is not interfering with you and minding his own business, you should be a happy man. Welcome to the big bad world not everybody wants to be your friend or aquaintance.

Your neighbour is bucking the trend of the happy clappy feelgood we're all neighbours let's be friends vibe. I'd say to you ignore this fellow, let him get on with his life and you get on with yours.

It would appear your neighbour is not interfering with you and minding his own business, you should be a happy man. Welcome to the big bad world not everybody wants to be your friend or aquaintance.

Your neighbour is bucking the trend of the happy clappy feelgood we're all neighbours let's be friends vibe. I'd say to you ignore this fellow, let him get on with his life and you get on with yours.

Ah yeah I get on with my own life. Hes friendly with everyone else on our little road except my family. If we did something to him or had a falling out I would understand. But we havent. A friend of mine said that he seems to overcompensate with everyone else to make up for the fact he doesnt talk to his next door neighbour. Which may be true.

Anyway Im long enough in the tooth to know you cant be friends with everyone. I just want a polite hello I dont want or need his life story.

We have managed for over 4 years not to talk to each other.

Anyway I do have some really nice neighbours so its not that bad.

Its his loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Theres about 25 houses on my row, out of all those I speak to about 5 households and wouldn't really mind if the 5 households didn't talk to me, their not my family and thats all I really care about..

Yeah your family is the most important thing. Im probably reading too much into things

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Joeynegro wrote: »
    Ah yeah I get on with my own life. Hes friendly with everyone else on our little road except my family. If we did something to him or had a falling out I would understand. But we havent. A friend of mine said that he seems to overcompensate with everyone else to make up for the fact he doesnt talk to his next door neighbour. Which may be true.

Anyway Im long enough in the tooth to know you cant be friends with everyone. I just want a polite hello I dont want or need his life story.

We have managed for over 4 years not to talk to each other.

Anyway I do have some really nice neighbours so its not that bad.

Its his loss

You didn't mention in your first post he was your next door neighbour, that kind of makes it very strange indeed.

It could be something as simple as you moving to the area and getting a job and his third cousin twice removed might have had their eye on that job, that would be enough to have him huffed all these years around these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I'd say grow a pair, knock on his door and ask him what his problem is. Worst case he'll blank you again, best case it's a misunderstanding and you can get on with your life.

Im not bothered to be honest anymore.

If I knock it will show him I bothered and I dont want the guy to know that,

I tried he didnt want to know so I have to move on.

Most of you think he isnt worth it and I think you guys are right.

His loss not mine.

I was just wondering did anyone else have any neighbours issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Is it cos you is black?

Sorry couldn't resist:D
    Wouldn't worry about it. You start finding bags of sh*t at your doorstep, then worry about it.

Advertisement