Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still playing Pro evo

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Have been following this forum for a while and notice that Pro evo is rarely if even ever mentioned, are people just not bothered with it anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Have been following this forum for a while and notice that Pro evo is rarely if even ever mentioned, are people just not bothered with it anymore?

Its just no where near as good as it used to be unfortunately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Its just no where near as good as it used to be unfortunately

Ya i realise that but I would still play it over Fifa, too used to it at this stage, its a pity Konami havent tried to improve it, the online is headwrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

It's been a strange turning of the tables...FIFA used to be the "arcadey" game while Pro Evo was lauded as the proper football sim. For my money, the complete opposite is now true.

I don't think it was a case that Pro Evo got that much worse, rather FIFA got that much better and is now a far superior game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Konami didnt seem to invest fu** all in improving the fundamentals of the game, they havent improved the engine of the game for a couple of years now where EA have, its just a real pity because I think Konami owe to the fans of pro evo to give a top drawer game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

PES couldn't hack the next-gen consoles. I have given all of the next gen PES a chance and they are appalling compared to their PS2 brothers. Started playing FIFA 10, online, and haven't looked back since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I tried playing all the PES games for the last few years and its like playing the special olympics.
    The last one was decent enough but still nothing too great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

For me personally, I think Pro Evo peaked at Pro Evo 4 on PS2 and everything that came after was a disappointment. EA have upped their game significantly, no doubt, but FIFA is far from perfect. I dare say if Konami could get Pro Evo to be even close to what it once was, they would win back a lot of their former players, me included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Crackle wrote: »
    For me personally, I think Pro Evo peaked at Pro Evo 4 on PS2 and everything that came after was a disappointment. EA have upped their game significantly, no doubt, but FIFA is far from perfect. I dare say if Konami could get Pro Evo to be even close to what it once was, they would win back a lot of their former players, me included.

Agree.. I also think Konami if they did get their act together could produce a game to benefit the manual player more so than fifa. Not saying that fifa isnt good (cos its still miles ahead of pes) but there are still big flaws that seem to be only amended for the bulk default assisted players.

If only Konami could revert back to the proper sims of pes 4 & 5, maybe even concentrating solely on manual play, they could create a perfect football sim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I gave up on pro evolution myself.
    Same big list of revolutionary improvements every release but they're completely exaggerated.

Its a real pity, Konami are killing this series slowly. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making it in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I used to be a real Pes fan but the game hasn't really improved since Pes 6. I bought the most recent one to give the series another shot having not played it in a few years but it's just not in the same league as Fifa these days. I still like the feel of Pro Evo but the flow the game used to have is gone. The gameplay is so static compared to the old games. I agree with the idea that Pro Evo is now the more arcade style game while Fifa is the more accurate simulation. In my opinion Fifa have fixed the biggest problem with the older games, that the quality of the player you controlled had no effect on the game. you used to be able to do the exact same thing with Yeovil Town, as with Chelsea, but that thankfully is no longer the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Alright lads, I havn't played a footy game regularly since me and my housemates gave up playing each other a good while back. Do ye think there will be a pro tournament being run when the new one comes out or would I just be better off with fifa if I want to get involved around here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

mackg wrote: »
    Alright lads, I havn't played a footy game regularly since me and my housemates gave up playing each other a good while back. Do ye think there will be a pro tournament being run when the new one comes out or would I just be better off with fifa if I want to get involved around here?

Definitely fifa.

Advertisement