Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nephin/Croagh Patrick - w/e 20th Aug

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am climbing Kilimanjaro in 3 weeks time for a FOCUS IRELAND - I will also be celebrating my 40th birthday when out there (we reach the summit on the morning of my 40th birthday) - WOW WOW WOW, cant wait.

I had planned a fundraiser 19th and 20th Aug locally (Kiltimagh) but I was also expected to be in Kerry with the team of people i'm climbing Kilimanjaro with. Unfortunately due to my commitments with fundraising i'm not in a position to go...as a plan for myself I am now planning on the 20th (Sat) or 21st (Sun) - going to walk both Croagh Patrick and Nephin in the one day.

If anyone (like minded or otherwise) wishes to join me, support me i'd be more than grateful of the support. This is not a FUNDRAISER - its just gonna be part of my training, and probably the last major climb before I head off to Kilimanajaro on 1st Sept.

Let me know via here if you wish you join me on one or both climbs!!!

Thank you

Mark (aka couscosu007)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gaelforce on 20th Aug, 3500 competitors on Croagh Patrick so not ideal day for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

Thanks for that!!! I completely forgot about that event!!!

Maybe the 21st is a better day so...however if people have a preference, i'm, sure Croagh Patrick wont have the 3500 people on it at around 6pm if I did it in the evening.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

The cut-off for the reek is 3.30, so no gf-ers will start the climb after that. There'll be lots of other people on the reek that day anyway so a few more won't hurt. Just watch out for eejits like me trying to run down the cone.

Advertisement