Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buchanan Clark and wells

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with these lads. have a small bother over an ESB will which was send to landlords house instead of mine when cancelled. obvisously didnt get paid by her. no these lads are on at me to pay bill in one installment. if not they will send a collections agent to my house.

what exactly does that mean? i dont think we have baliff conditions over here do we? what exactly can they do with this further legal action.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They can do very little except ask you to pay, they have no legal powers beyond actually taking you to court(unlikely for small amounts) and seeking a judgement against you and when they do this they can call in the bailiffs who may or may not consider it worthwhile to chase you for payment.

These people have no rights to enter your property or take anything belonging to you. If they ever arrive at the door(highly unlikely) just dont let them in or even talk to them, just close the door.

Your best course of action is to contact the ESB and talk only to them about your debt which you obvioulsy know must be paid. They will most likely accept a reasonable payment plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Hi,

Yeah i contacted the ESB, they were not helpful, said as the issue was outstanding for some time they had passed it on. i Had cancelled my account with them to move supplier so they just sent letters for the house to the landlady, who never passed them on. pain in the bum.

anyway, these lads sent me 1 letter looking for payment, i said i would sort it as soon as possible, then sent me another letter saying collections agents would call in the next 72hr. rang them and the said i had to pay full amount by friday night. dont know what to say to them really, they are not very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

allibastor wrote: »
    Hi,

Yeah i contacted the ESB, they were not helpful, said as the issue was outstanding for some time they had passed it on. i Had cancelled my account with them to move supplier so they just sent letters for the house to the landlady, who never passed them on. pain in the bum.

anyway, these lads sent me 1 letter looking for payment, i said i would sort it as soon as possible, then sent me another letter saying collections agents would call in the next 72hr. rang them and the said i had to pay full amount by friday night. dont know what to say to them really, they are not very helpful.
    As i said above, if you are interested in paying this debt then deal only with the ESB and insist on them setting up some payment plan. you should also get any bill you have friom that address and pay some amount off the final bill amount weekly in the post office, the ESB will not refuse to accept this and it shows a willingness to pay. Do not deal with the debt collection company at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

ok will do, thanks for the advice

Advertisement