Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB 24mb

Options
  • 11-08-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am about to sign up to boradband, I am going to select 24mb NGB. This is a new connection so the line is not yet tested but a neighbours line (its an apartment block) can support a 7mb line. I am wondering if my line does not support the 24mb package, will I be automatically signed up to the 7mb standard package (which has a download limit) without any further contact from eircom, or will they contact me before signing me to the standard packege to see if I agree?
    When ordering your new eircom line, if you are in a Next Generation Broadband area you will be provided with a Next Generation Broadband product. If not, you will be provided with our standard DSL product. If in the future your area becomes Next Generation Broadband enabled, you will be automatically migrated to the appropriate Next Generation Broadband product.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

limpdd wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am about to sign up to boradband, I am going to select 24mb NGB. This is a new connection so the line is not yet tested but a neighbours line (its an apartment block) can support a 7mb line. I am wondering if my line does not support the 24mb package, will I be automatically signed up to the 7mb standard package (which has a download limit) without any further contact from eircom, or will they contact me before signing me to the standard packege to see if I agree?

Hi limpdd
    if your line does not qualify for 9Mb or more you cannot order the 24Mb package. If you chose the NGB Broadband Regular package there is an unlimited download allowance.
    Yuo can see all the eircom Broadband packages here
    If you wish me to test your line once installed just PM me the number.
    If ordering from customer servises on 1901 you can specify which package you want and ensure you are getting the download allowance that best suits you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Hi limpdd
    if your line does not qualify for 9Mb or more you cannot order the 24Mb package. If you chose the NGB Broadband Regular package there is an unlimited download allowance.
    Yuo can see all the eircom Broadband packages here
    If you wish me to test your line once installed just PM me the number.
    If ordering from customer servises on 1901 you can specify which package you want and ensure you are getting the download allowance that best suits you.
    Tony

But I don't have a line connected yet. So would I have to get the line and then get it tested before ordering the broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

limpdd wrote: »
    But I don't have a line connected yet. So would I have to get the line and then get it tested before ordering the broadband?

Yes limpdd
    that way you will know exacly what package you can get. Broadband cannot be ordered until line is in-situ. This should take 5 working days.
    Tony

Advertisement