Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Thank you God......
    Bye Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The tissues quick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fair play to Christine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

What was Conall's job title?

Fair play Richard, gracious in defeat.

And no tears!!! Good man!

• Advertisement

What was Conall's job title?

Technology manager

Thank you sky plus :D

Ooh what happens Mary next week :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I've watched the Irish one out of interest twice ~ I would not be a fan ~ I do like the Ozzy one ~ maybe it's because it was the first one I saw and it is on everyday and they do pull of some stunts.

I like the British Dragon's Den ~ the Irish One because I know so many but it's flat [imo] and I HATE the USA one and so on and on.

I'm similar with MC ~ Master Chef Australia spawned so many food programs that the somewhat late MCI has an exceedingly high standard to achieve.

Bet ye that the Ozzies drop in on the Irish version and have a cook off. Bets? I'll watch that, but MCI has not pushed my green button [yet] anyway.

Ozzies :confused:

I was like Ozzie Osborne and his family have a mc show??

And then I was like, ohhhhhh, Aussies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

gbee wrote: »
    I've watched the Irish one out of interest twice ~ I would not be a fan ~ I do like the Ozzy one ~ maybe it's because it was the first one I saw and it is on everyday and they do pull of some stunts.

I like the British Dragon's Den ~ the Irish One because I know so many but it's flat [imo] and I HATE the USA one and so on and on.

I'm similar with MC ~ Master Chef Australia spawned so many food programs that the somewhat late MCI has an exceedingly high standard to achieve.

Bet ye that the Ozzies drop in on the Irish version and have a cook off. Bets? I'll watch that, but MCI has not pushed my green button [yet] anyway.
    amdublin wrote: »
    Ozzies :confused:

I was like Ozzie Osborne and his family have a mc show??

And then I was like, ohhhhhh, Aussies!!!

Ha ha!

I was visualising Ozzie Osbourne on Masterchef too!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 chubnut

Can the Irish think up anything of their own, the Millionaire copy should be billed as a comedy its so rediculous. :D

chubnut wrote: »
    Can the Irish think up anything of their own, the Millionaire copy should be billed as a comedy its so rediculous. :D

This thread is about masterchef. Not the millionaires program.

Many many countries have a version of masterchef.

amdublin wrote: »
    Many many countries have a version of masterchef.

Which is why the TV addicts amongst us have strong opinions. Welcome to TV USA 1950

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I am loving this show, just saw this vid on youtube, language Dylan :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQDkXKhuMI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

lovinit wrote: »
    I am loving this show, just saw this vid on youtube, language Dylan :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQDkXKhuMI

I'd love to watch the whole thing. Missed it first time round and I've never been able to find it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ravens

I enjoyed this episode...mixed it up a little with the off-site challenge followed by the taste test (this version is used more in the Aussie version) - interesting how bad they all were!

I did feel it was a bit rushed...I do think they def could do another episode per week which I would be happy to watch!!

I really got a sense that the judges know exactly who they want to win already...and thankfully it wasn't whingey Richard!

Ravens wrote: »
    I really got a sense that the judges know exactly who they want to win already...and thankfully it wasn't whingey Richard!

They would, just like at those Top Model shows, probably two thirds should never be there, but they have to fill the available slots ~ the winners tend to stand out at the interview stage ~ there can always be a few surprises ~ but it's more a conviction rather then a want ~ though two seasons back on of the Australian Master-chefs was a women they all liked and she was brought BACK after she had been eliminated from the competition ~~ so there is presidents set for your observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ravens

gbee wrote: »
    They would, just like at those Top Model shows, probably two thirds should never be there, but they have to fill the available slots ~ the winners tend to stand out at the interview stage ~ there can always be a few surprises ~ but it's more a conviction rather then a want ~ though two seasons back on of the Australian Master-chefs was a women they all liked and she was brought BACK after she had been eliminated from the competition ~~ so there is presidents set for your observation.

True! Yeah they really wanted Poh to win Australian Masterchef - bet they were sickened when Julie did!! So who do you think they want to win MCI?

Ravens wrote: »
    So who do you think they want to win MCI?

As I may have mentioned, I'm not actively watching MCI ~ that may change, but right now, from the couple I have watched, I've no further opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just started watching this now, there is a 2 hour repeat on Network 2.
    Enjoying it but i love cooking shows anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 rspeedie

Loved reading the comments, it's what TV does, creates opinions. Thats most of the fun of these shows. But things aren't always what they seem in reality TV land folks!

Yours
    Whingey Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Just started watching this now, there is a 2 hour repeat on Network 2.
    Enjoying it but i love cooking shows anyway.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

rspeedie wrote: »
    Loved reading the comments, it's what TV does, creates opinions. Thats most of the fun of these shows. But things aren't always what they seem in reality TV land folks!

Yours
    Whingey Richard

Good man Richard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Yours
    Whingey Richard

Whingey, maybe. "Tiny tears" Richard would be more suiting. You wouldn't get that sort of crying on X-factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rspeedie

X Factor? hehe...no way. I was in the ha'penny place compared to last nights show. I just have a particularly ugly crack up face. Quite scary in fact.

I blog about my epxperience of the show here: http://antidietdiet.blogspot.com/p/masterchef-ireland-2011.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a great read, Richard... cheers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Watched most of the episodes, think it's a decent show compared to the other MCs. No contestant really stands out.

Anyone notice that for one of the lads on it, everytime it shows his occupation 'District Manager, Xtra vision' comes up and no other company is listed under anyones occupation. I think Xtra Vision have been supplying a few cuts of beef in order to get their name on the show..

Yours
    Whingey Richard

Hi whingey richie!

Welcome to boards. I enjoyed your blog :) And eh I think I was one of the ones calling you whingey :D

Evening!

Anyone around and watching this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Loving this task - its a real test of their skill

Advertisement