Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I like Bridin but I thought Christine deserved to stay, Dylan said Mary earned her place even though she did a bad job on his recipe, and I thought Christine did to but she is only 21 so hopefully she will do well if she does pursue a career in cooking. I would like Mary to win, the guy who is left has not been consistent and Bridin has her good days and bad as well.

I have to say I really enjoyed this show, I would have liked it to be longer because its nice watching Masterchef in the evening, BBC have really messed up putting on Celebrity Masterchef on at 2:15 during the day.

Ps Bridin is married, it says on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

policeman wrote: »
    This Irish version was hilarious. The British one is far superior. The standard is much higher.

Well they have 60 million people to pick from so they are bound to attract a higher number of talented chefs just through sheer weight of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mrs Ron Burgundy

Luis21 wrote: »

I really want to hate Dylan McGrath, esp. after seeing the doc. about him a few years ago when he came across as a complete git, but I have to say I like him.

Have to say I think he's a complete slime-ball, he's pure smarmy and is LOVIN' the attention he gets from the girls, who lets face it are merely using their womanly "charms" to get ahead. Nasty!!

That other guy is a complete waste of space, he's only there for the bit of grub imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Anyone like to predict a winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think mike is going to be sent packing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Well,if they get rid of Mike,it'll be the battle of the beauties,no?

Somehow,I don't think it matters anymore who cooks what or how they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Longines

So much for a recession. Everyone is out eating truffles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I hope Mary wins this, Christine should have been in the final along with Mary and not sure who else. They were the best two imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This reminds me of the time a group of us (maybe 50?) went to The Westbury for a reunion dinner.
    The portions were tiny miniscule ,and one of the girls complained.

"Madam,if you wanted a bigger portion,you should have gone to Captain Americas".:eek:

Surely it makes sense to compare like with like- 3 different meals in different restaurants with different chefs,staff etc....don't know how they can compare?
    Think Mary's chef in Chapter One is very positive and would be able to criticize without slaughtering the poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hey!

I like eating food :D So I am really enjoying watching this.

But c'mere why in hell would you ever want to be a chef?!! It looks like such hard haaaaaarrrrrd work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mrs Ron Burgundy

Anyone like to predict a winner?

Its obvious from this episode so far, and actually for the last 2wks really, that Mary has this sewn up. I mean come on like the way the chef was goin on about her, she casts some weird spell over all the menfolk...burn her at the stake!!

Great advertising for the restaurants involved tonight. And i wouldnt begrudge them that at the moment.

Restaurant patrick guilbaud make big yellow mala. Oh wait its free range pasta

I love the lady who commented that the food served by the contestants was as good as "what you would get in guilbauds everyday ". I go to centra meself at lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

amdublin wrote: »
    Hey!

I like eating food :D So I am really enjoying watching this.

But c'mere why in hell would you ever want to be a chef?!! It looks like such hard haaaaaarrrrrd work!!

Loved it.

Being a chef nearly isint a choice, it's like a calling :p There's a fascination beyond reason, beyone explanation with food and the dynamics of a kitchen. I'd say it must be pretty close to being in the army except ive got more of a chance of killing you that they do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

msthe80s wrote: »
    Well,if they get rid of Mike,it'll be the battle of the beauties,no?

Somehow,I don't think it matters anymore who cooks what or how they do it.
    Mary's beatiful?

She beautiful inside. Like a crab croquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Mary will win but I want Bridget to win she seems nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Such pretentious twats....!!
    1 michellin star = food has been fingered inappropriately
    2 michellin star = food has been physically abused

The way these restaurants serve up this manicured crap on a plate is disgusting. I dont need a work of art on a plate to say something is "cooked to perfection".......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why the hell do they have to handle the food so much...?? Would put me off eating at any of those places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

coup1917 wrote: »
    Such pretentious twats....!!
    1 michellin star = food has been fingered inappropriately
    2 michellin star = food has been physically abused

The way these restaurants serve up this manicured crap on a plate is disgusting. I dont need a work of art on a plate to say something is "cooked to perfection".......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why the hell do they have to handle the food so much...?? Would put me off eating at any of those places

Best stay with the cocktail sausages so, you can even pick your teeth with the stick afterwards.

Its a win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm guessing Brigin will win because she is left-handed.

Ever notice how many chefs on TV also are lefties?

Heston, Rachel Allen, Neven Maguire, Gordon Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

nc6000 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Brigin will win because she is left-handed.

Ever notice how many chefs on TV also are lefties?

Heston, Rachel Allen, Neven Maguire, Gordon Ramsey.

I really hope she doesn't win. She's not a very likeable person.
    I hate the way she kisses ass and she's very childish when she's criticised.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There are 4 one star restaurants and 1 two star restaurant in the Dublin area. Pity the best Irish restaurant was the only one of the above 5 not featured tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

unkel wrote: »
    There are 4 one star restaurants and 1 two star restaurant in the Dublin area. Pity the best Irish restaurant was the only one of the above 5 not featured tonight :)

Which Restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Did anyone get the impression that they were raging when Mary wasn't mentioned as being good by the last restaurant? They even questioned the chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

policeman wrote: »
    There is something lacking in this Irish version

You're right there ... Talent is missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thewatcher

McGilla wrote: »
    You're right there ... Talent is missing!

We still haven't seen them cooking more than one dish at a time in the studio. We know they can plate, we know they can follow recipes, but can they actually create better dishes than they could at the start? We haven't learned how (if!) they've progressed. They're supposed to learn and progress, but I've seen no evidence of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

You could also argue that the best Michelin starred restaurant in Ireland is not in the Dublin area!!!;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I was surprised how little cooking they seemed to do in the restaurant kitchens
    They were cooking the meat/fish but most of the rest of the prep seemed to be done already.
    In the final challenge, was that ice cream made already? So she was just scoping it out?

How about the various sauces and creams, where they made already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

eddiem10 wrote: »

You could also argue that the best Michelin starred restaurant in Ireland is not in the Dublin area!!!;)

No, you couldn't.

Not by a long way.

Advertisement