Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Bridin's dessert was huge - looked yuck to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

You know, if mike does well, RTE may have him win, just to throw us all off....If I was the Producer, thats what I would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Lamb looked fine to me, not undercooked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've only been dipping in and out of this series so it might be down to that, but it seems like the standard is massively behind the British version. I know Ireland is smaller and has a smaller pool of aplicants but it seems to me that these three wouldn't get close to the second round elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

In fairness I'd have shoveled the whole lot of those three courses down the hatch easily,they looked great,except for the panacotta jar:eek:

• Advertisement

oh oh heres part 3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

I wonder how the tasting is worked out as surely the person whose food is tasted last is at a disadvantage, seeing as their food has been left under the heat/left aside the longest?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

greenpilot wrote: »
    she undercooked the lamb

Not according to Dylan. Must say it didn't look particularly undercooked to me.

ever notice how Dylan ALWAYS makes his judgement first pretty much and yer man nick usually agrees with him - if not at the start but ends up saying the same thing...? Does Nick have a mind of his own...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Mike could win it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 munstermiss

I've only been dipping in and out of this series so it might be down to that, but it seems like the standard is massively behind the British version. I know Ireland is smaller and has a smaller pool of aplicants but it seems to me that these three wouldn't get close to the second round elsewhere.

Agree, would never have got this far. Christine best contestant by far, prasied her work then eliminated. Bridin saying tonight she was hoping they would praise her dishes - so hows vshe in the final if her food only average. Very dissapointing overall, tempted to flick away. Loved the UK and OZ versions, just not up to standard this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

reera82 wrote: »
    I wonder how the tasting is worked out as surely the person whose food is tasted last is at a disadvantage, seeing as their food has been left under the heat/left aside the longest?

I've always wondered that. In the Australian one there are 24 people starting off, how cold must everything be by the time the last person brings up their dish - especially as that show seems to be filmed in a big damp warehouse.

Do not understand why you would confit salmon, think it would just be gross. Love Mikes main course.

glasso wrote: »
    ever notice how Dylan ALWAYS makes his judgement first pretty much and yer man nick usually agrees with him - if not at the start but ends up saying the same thing...? Does Nick have a mind of his own...?

Hes not allowed to say anything as the producers copped on that he has no pallett

Mike could win it!

he has cooked up a storm alright. probably got a secret grind on the sly for the final!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 munstermiss

Nick is just dull, boring, only there for the chat bit, Dylan making all the decisions,

Mary's main dish - was that the longest worded description of a dish ever?

Mary or Mike to win

Marys starter looks fantastic.

Nick speaks first and Dylan tries to shut him up lol

Mary wins - desert description extra long too.

Mary to win....im getting hungry now....i think theres a twix in the fridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

While I accept Mary has done well tonight, I don't think she has the temperment to work in a kitchen at all. Gets too stressed

greenpilot wrote: »
    Mary to win....im getting hungry now....i think theres a twix in the fridge

you mean a rolled chocolate with slow-baked biscuit crumb melded with a carmel fondue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Mary to win hopefully.

qick poll....who wins??

you mean a rolled chocolate with slow-baked biscuit crumb melded with a carmel fondue?

aaahhh christ

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hope Mary wins

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Mary!!

Birdsong wrote: »
    While I accept Mary has done well tonight, I don't think she has the temperment to work in a kitchen at all. Gets too stressed
    Surely thats just down to being in the competition though, I dont think she would be like that working in a kitchen. Its like how stressed you would be doing your leaving but not day to day in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Bet Mary wins. Love her.

• Advertisement

yyyeeeahhhhhhhh!!!! Mary!!!!

Advertisement